Reviews for The Wastelands
Duilin chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
A very beautiful poem, from a very great author.
fuzzyblue chapter 1 . 9/7/2003
Am not much good at reviews, so will just say Wow.

I thought King Arthur when you first dared us to guess, and the sword bit would push that, but for some reason I'm wondering whether it's the ole devil...
Sothis Simbelmyne chapter 1 . 9/1/2003
I will never know and understand the art of poetry. But this one makes me feel queer.

So Maedhros kill his father in an act of mercy? And he could have lived? This is totally unexpected, but suddenly sounds right.

I think the old king is King Arthur. Not from any line, but by feeling.
Maid of Ainur chapter 1 . 5/29/2003
This is... wierd. In the nice way. :) Unusual imagery created by different pairings of adjectives and nouns.

Maedhros killed Feanor *in mercy*. Now that's scary...

Um... who is the Old King? I thought he sounded like... uh, Lear? But I don't really know, maybe it's not. My mind is warped by the King Lear I've just studied... Argh. Arthur? Old King Cole? ...
Cirdan chapter 1 . 5/28/2003
Hm, cute. *pats the Kinslayers* I hope our King likes his Jewels.
Artanis chapter 1 . 5/28/2003
What a beautiful poem! I love the words play and the verses with fire. Is the King Maedhros though? But this is just so sad.
Staggering Wood-Elf chapter 1 . 5/28/2003
*is extremely impressed*

A worthy entry to your own birthday challenge! Yes, this is very different, and a little bit shocking. Maedhros killed FĂ«anor? That was a surprising twist, definitely.

My guess for the old King would be Arthur, with the empty scabbard, having chucked his sword back into the lake. And then there's that line "My heart awaits a child's sword."... Not a Camlann reference, by any chance?

But I'm probably wrong, so nevermind... :) Great poem.
Tinni chapter 1 . 5/28/2003
Interesting story... ur... verse. I have no idea who the old king is thou, Alfred the confesser who made Westminister Abbey? Is that how you spell Abbey? I am going to sleep.