Reviews for Say Goodnight
mommyelaine chapter 1 . 7/5
That was beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes.
Contente de te retrouver ! on pense bien que tu as beaucoup de travail mais, as-tu une future fic sur Luke et Anakin à nous donner en régal comme tu sais si bien faire ? Bravo pour tes histoires !
addamsmorticias chapter 1 . 6/21
great one-shot! i love the honesty and vulnerability of these characters in your writing! thank you for sharing!
29TvG chapter 1 . 6/17
Me acabas de alegrar el día.
Por dónde empezar...Lo primero, es que me encanta en la época que está ambientada. Es justo en ese momento en el cual ninguno de los dos sabe qué es lo que siente, pero se nota que hay algo. Y es fácil sentir todas esas emociones leyendo este fic.
Me ha encantado especialmente la escena en la que Georg está durmiendo. Muestra esa vulnerabilidad y fragilidad que tanto se empeña en esconder, y que no quiere que salga por encima de nada. Pero lo que más me ha gustado es cuando María le pone la manta encima, como si quisiera protegerlo, animarlo, ayudarlo...Y todo eso sin apenas tocarlo. Maravilloso.
La escena de la rosa me ha enternecido por completo. Me ha evocado justo ese momento de la película en la cual Georg se disculpa de forma humilde a María y le pide que se quede, quizás porque es de los pocos momentos en los cuales se muestra conforme realmente es él. Ha sido una maravilla.
Espero volverte a ver pronto de nuevo por aquí con otra joya.
TheFastFox chapter 1 . 6/17
I laughed when Gretl said kilt instead of quilt lolq
CharleyPaige chapter 1 . 6/16
A one-shot I didn't even know I needed! I love how open and painfully honest the Captain is in this. "My soul is lonely" - oh my heart fell when I read that line, you really brought to the forefront just how torn up with grief he is but then showed just how much Maria had done for him, and them as a family.
Great job - thank you for sharing.

Charlotte
IDontKnowYourSignal chapter 1 . 6/16
There is just so much to love about your one-shot!
I loved how comfortable and relaxed Maria and Georg were with each other, and interesting that Georg preferred Maria to make the girl’s dresses rather than ask Elsa to buy outfits for them. The connection he sees between the children and Maria, wanting Maria to play some part in the party preparations, the strengthening of the bond between him and Maria, just adds so many layers to the reason for his decision.
I don’t think there could be a more heartbreaking line than “My soul is lonely.” Such a blistering insight into the shell of a man he’s been since Agathe passed away.
And I loved the symbolism of Gretl’s quilt, and the meaning behind a simple, pink rose. The bravery of their father to stay home and face their mother’s anniversary not being lost on the children was perfect.
nanajojo chapter 1 . 6/16
Great story
Skyline555 chapter 1 . 6/16
“My soul is lonely." Oh, Georg! If only he were that open with her in the film. I love that she unknowingly covers him with something so special from his wife when he was missing her most. What a very sweet story!
his-red-head chapter 1 . 6/16
This was really good!
crispapplestrudels chapter 1 . 6/16
I really liked this! The mental image of Georg going ice fishing had me laughing. The idea to have Maria be the one to make the girls' dresses was very original, and I liked that too. The pink rose that Georg gave Maria was very sweet, and to me really symbolizes their feelings for each other - young, new, and beautiful.

My favorite thing (no pun intended) about this, though, was definitely how you wrote this. The period in which this takes place is a very important time for Maria and Georg's relationship, since they have begun to realize that there is something more between them than the usual employer/employee bond. You did a great job with their dialogue and their actions toward each other (the rose, Maria putting the blanket over Georg, etc).

Thank you so much for writing this! And no worries with the grammar/spelling issues, you did an amazing job with that. Please write more soon!
Massive HTTYD Fan chapter 1 . 6/16
Thank you so much for this. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. I think I needed the simple, sure love more than I realised. Thank you.