Reviews for Into the Deeps - Part One
RobertBruceScott chapter 89 . 5/16
This is a very contemplative and grounded chapter that reflects one of the joys of Trek fanfic as this would never appear in a tv episode or movie. A movie critic recently summed up the plot of every movie in 3 words: "Something goes wrong."

But that is not because those are the only kinds of stories movies can tell. They're just the only kinds of stories producers think they can sell. This chapter links into a theme about serenity that I have recently begun to explore in my blog. I just might have to reference this.

Solasnagreine chapter 88 . 4/12
ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔ
LORETTA chapter 88 . 4/12
GOOD CHAPTER, I-CHLE WAS A LONG LIVE SPECIES. LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT HIM.
RobertBruceScott chapter 88 . 4/11
I find myself wondering why vulcan children have a summer break. The summer break for terrestrial children arose from the need to put them to work in the fields to prepare and bring in the harvest. Hopefully the reason for the vulcan summer break is a little less pedestrian...

I-chie just jumps off the page - much as baby Spock did when introduced. Very lively writing!

RobertBruceScott chapter 87 . 4/3
Really nice bit of world building here. I'm not sure which parts are your invention and which are borrowed from other sources, but the point is the smooth, rich reveal.

One of the reasons I was a big Robert Silverberg fan when I was in college back in the early 80's was his world building and rich reveals of alien but livable environments. Humans are adventuresome creatures and exploring new environments is a big draw for us. But Mimi's exhaustion at the end of the day is very true to human nature as well - the sense that there is no familiar environment for her to retreat to in an alien place.

Kehlan chapter 87 . 4/2
Well that's the first time I've ever been called a saint :-D Anyway... it was interesting to see Vulcan through Mimi's eyes and to see her first reactions to her new home. And some cultural blindness on Sordd's part as it hasn't occurred to him that Mimi might not be comfortable in his dead wife's bedroom with the other woman's belongings surrounding her.
LORETTA chapter 86 . 3/25
GLAD FOR THE UPDATE. LIKE IT WHEN THEY APPEAR CLOSE TO EACH OTHER. THANK YOU
RobertBruceScott chapter 86 . 3/22
A little fun with vulcan bureaucracy...

The work of bureaucracy must get done. But I wonder if any individual vulcan spends much time doing it or if it is more of a community task that various individuals step into at need.

RobertBruceScott chapter 85 . 3/8
Lots of things to break down - the first paragraph has great verisimilitude - layers of clothing can be very cool. It is how desert people keep cool. While vulcan robes are often shown as dark colors in the television and movies, it would make far more sense for them to be light and reflective. I also liked the reference to the children learning more as a result of teaching.

Mimi's reservations came off well, as did her relationship with T'Aria and her mother.

The very detailed description of the star system sounds researched - I'm interested in the source material. There is an environmental issue with Vulcan being tidally locked with T'Khut. I think this might cause both ecosystems to slowly die. Terrestrial ecosystems rely on the tides and part of the reason Earth is so fertile is because of this endless motion of not only the seas, but even the mantle. Tidal locking might also impact the magnitosphere. I'm also interested in the trinary star system - the orbits of the dwarf stars would need to be outside of Vulcan's orbit and probably fairly far outside to not cause additional environmental problems.

Kehlan chapter 85 . 3/8
Well, that's the first time I've ever been called a saint!
Seriously, I continue to enjoy this story. I know you were a bit worried about Mimi being so emotional, but she's just got married and left her home and everything familiar to her for a new start on a different planet with a very different culture... honestly, it would be wierd if she wasnt a bit nervous.
Keep up the good work.
Solasnagreine chapter 74 . 3/2
Thank you Loretta for taking the time to read this and also for posting a review :-)
LORETTA chapter 74 . 3/2
I HAVE TEN CHAPTERS TO GO BEFOR I GET ALL CAUGHT UP! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR WORK.
LORETTA chapter 69 . 3/1
HANGING IN THERE...IWOULD STOP IF I DIDN'T LIKE THE STORY. THANKS FOR A GOOD READ.
Solasnagreine chapter 46 . 2/28
Wow that's amazing Loretta, glad you are liking the story :-)
LORETTA chapter 46 . 2/27
I LOOKED UP AND LO AND BEHOL I WAS ON CHAPTER 46 ALREADY. THANKS STILL ENJOYING AND I AM CONTINUING ON!