Reviews for A Book, A Quill And An Arc
MidKnightMoonglow99 chapter 7 . 7/2
This got really meta. The fact that this realm has been confirmed to actually look like minecraft is truly odd... especially picturing a pixelated Jaune skin.

Maybe Jaune should invest in a pet animal? Stop him getting lonely.
MidKnightMoonglow99 chapter 6 . 7/1
Technically speaking, this style isn’t that bad for you. Due to it being from a character’s point-of-view / perspective within the world (written), mistakes can be made and can be logically explained away.

Anyways,
Ghostcraft9 chapter 6 . 7/1
Loved it
MidKnightMoonglow99 chapter 5 . 7/1
... I don’t know how he’ll get out of this one, to be completely honest... Does he still have that golden apple by chance? - that could save him.

Or is this a “let’s teach him he can’t die-die”, sort of thing?

I’ll be honest. I hope it’s the former because you loose a bit of the overall meaningfulness if he can just die and come back whenever he’s in trouble. True it’s at the price of his stuff, but... I don’t now...

Anyways,
till next time.
Ghostcraft9 chapter 5 . 6/30
Holy shit that ending
Ps great chapter
Ghostcraft9 chapter 4 . 6/28
This is amazing but have you thought of adding Minecraft mods like thaumcraft to it
Marioturtle chapter 4 . 6/26
I like this! It's nice.
This is pretty good, I hope Jaune visit a village. It would be interesting to see the interaction between Jaune and the villagers.
David Gumazon1 chapter 2 . 6/22
This is good really good. Your describing skill for world building is golden... or DIAMOND!
MidKnightMoonglow99 chapter 4 . 6/21
I’m pretty sure it’s the Laws of Physics, not the Laws of Nature that are being ignored in that situation.

Charcoal is a good and easy to obtain alternative to coal.

The Shield. One of the most useful things in the game besides the water bucket.

Kinda interested if he’ll find a mineshaft chest next time?

I had a feeling that this was based on a personal Minecraft experience. Even if it wasn’t, basing the story off your own playthrough oc the game is a rather smart idea.

Though, sadly that snuffs the possibility of Jaune at some point meeting Steve and Alex. Ah well, there’s other avenues to go towards.

Anyways, good job.

MidKnightMoonglow99 chapter 3 . 6/20
Ah. The first encounter with an Enderman.
Honestly, I’m quite surprised he got of that easy considering how hard they can be to fight to those inexperienced. He’s luck to have gotten Iron Armour when he did. It’s also strange that it didn’t teleport during the encounter... Odd - maybe you’re just saved that for a later encounter, I don’t know.

Anyways, good job.

MidKnightMoonglow99 chapter 2 . 6/19
I’m glad you clarified us on the SPaG errors being intentional. Is Jaune dyslexic in this?

Also, maybe it’s for the best that Jaune becomes a pescatarian from now on. Once he comes across a village maybe then he’ll get some sort of stable source of food that doesn’t involve brutal animal murder.

Anyways, not a bad continuation. And as well, thanks for clarifying some of my questions. Much appreciated.

David Gumazon1 chapter 1 . 6/19
Well made EPIC work!
I've been expecting someone would write Jaune with Minecraft powers. It's fine. This idea is original.
I'm looking forward for more.
MidKnightMoonglow99 chapter 1 . 6/19
I’ll say that this was a rather entertaining read all round.

It’s not perfect, but it still has potential to be something interesting. I’m not sure if you’re going for a running story or if it’ll just be random Minecraft, but it would be nice to have some end goal or have some curtain things / situations that you wish for Jaune to experience.

As for Jaune - I’d say he was a bit too easily ‘irritable’, maybe even slightly mean, in this portrayal, but I personally think that technically fine. This is after all set in the point of view from his journal and right after Forever Fall, so it would technically make sense as to why he would be that way.
As things calm down, I’d probably tweak his character to become more the clumsy - but driven - goof. Overtime this will change naturally, depending on his actions and what will inevitably happen to him.

Anyways, not a bad start.