Reviews for Tempest
Onajaunt chapter 6 . 9/17
Oh, thank you! I've missed reading your stories and you've shown once again with this one why I just keep rereading your creations. So good.
I like how messy they still are. There's still all the messiness from just holding back through the years, there's the soreness of the Secrets they kept from each other, there's still the wounds they each have from the fights they've had, and the messiness from learning how to be together in this new level of intimacy. Beautiful.
Jbug47 chapter 6 . 9/5
I really enjoyed reading your take on this night with a Rick and Kate! I love reading Caskett stories! Please keep writing them for us fans!
Anakin David chapter 6 . 8/31
What a wonderfully written "in-between", thank you. Characterization is as usual excellent and yeah, had a M/T-version of that moment been available on TV, I could totally see it, the angst, the penitence, the acceptance... Once again, thank you!
you'vegotthis chapter 6 . 8/5
I love that you are still writing Laura! Every story still as wonderful as the last. I miss the days I used to hide in the bathroom stall at work to read the latest chapter in your sagas!
someheartslove chapter 6 . 7/23
OOooh, this is the perfect fill for what we havent seen!
someheartslove chapter 5 . 7/23
And then she becomes so cute taking care of him and being all dopey at the end!
someheartslove chapter 4 . 7/23
Oh, he's so careful with her!
someheartslove chapter 3 . 7/23
I couldn't imagine having hot water on my cuts and lacerations because I hate it when my wounds get wet.
But the Castle part in my bathtub... I'd be okay with that.
someheartslove chapter 2 . 7/23
Aaaand then you made me cry at "not everything has to hurt you". Damn!
someheartslove chapter 1 . 7/23
And there she goes, write post "worst fight in history sex" story and still makes it emotional and deep and perfect.
1822andallthat chapter 6 . 7/21
Hi. I miss those times, too. The sense of community, the elation of a Monday night.
Sometimes it only takes a fic to rekindle the feels, and I'm deeply grateful for the fics now, much as I was then. Thank you for this story. Thank you for keeping the illusion real.
John Lynch chapter 6 . 7/17
I’ve always wanted to read a story for the end of Season Two where Castle tells Beckett after overhearing her conversation with Demming about their weekend plans why he must leave the 12th.

After two years of working alongside Beckett and trying hard to be a better man for her, she continues to push him away. Castle opened up his private life to her and showed her the man who doesn’t live on page 6. He once thought her apprehension in dating him had to do with police regulations, but dating Demming makes him realize he has only been kidding himself. She really doesn’t see him as dating material.

Rick also explains to her how difficult the last few weeks have been for him not only watching Kate and Tom heading out to lunch, sharing cabs after work, and kissing in the precinct, but also being demoted to second string as her partner when involved in case theory and interrogations. Rick believes he has lost Beckett’s respect whenever Demming is on the scene.

Castle confesses his interest in Kate and explains why he cannot continue to watch another make her happy. He has always wanted to be the one responsible for putting a smile on her face. So, he wishes her and Demming the best and says his goodbyes to the gang as he walks away. (No Gina)

Weeks later Beckett realizes her mistake in not trusting her heart with Rick. When she overhears a reporter talking about Castle’s two wives, she realizes what a terrible detective she has been by believing the tabloids instead of researching the truth or even asking Castle the questions she has always had on her mind about him.

Beckett pursues Castle to return to the 12th after breaking up with Demming but it takes a number of tries before Rick is convinced Beckett won’t be breaking his heart again.

Should you ever decide to give a similar tale a spin, please drop me a line to let me know.
glo1196 chapter 6 . 7/10
Please continue to write, myself and many others will continue to read. I miss this fandom, I miss the many stories good and bad writers came up with. We all wanted a happily ever after for them. I have a story I started writing that was never completed. I just couldn’t after everything. I hope you continue to write Caskett stories for a long time to come!
The-KLF chapter 6 . 6/30
Thank you for this new story! I enjoyed it a lot.
Ellen Outlaw chapter 6 . 6/29