Reviews for A Mother's Final Gift
100recycled chapter 35 . 6/22
I'm quite surprised. I was sure I would ask for more chapters to get all the loose ends together, you still have. E.g the announcement of how many days until the wedding - which would not have been possible that short noticed under normal circumstances - so they need to get that special licence thing. Or the accidently posted letters. Or how Fred gets out of the country again. But this chapter does the job very well. It is a suitable ending. It must not keep on beeing the last chapter, but as a last chapter its pleasing.
Lila chapter 35 . 6/1
Dear author, I would love some more chapters- Mother Thornton and the news of the betrothal, one more meeting with Mrs Hale, Margarete in John’s house - whatever you choose it would be a real pleasure. Thank you for all your work.
SeeElAitch chapter 35 . 5/30
Hi,
I have thoroughly enjoyed this story, even if at times it's a little wordy and slow moving. The whole idea got me from the start.
I'd love for you to keep going until it marries up with the Thornton Tales, but I completely understand why you might not want to. We would just have to surmise whether Mrs Hale forces herself to live long enough to see her daughter wed.
Keep scribbling xx
Loved this! My only wish would be to read both mothers' reactions to the engagement.
Lindsabelle chapter 35 . 5/26
I never want this story to end, it’s so wonderful! The attention to detail and the feelings created are truly remarkable. I would like to see an epilogue, maybe their wedding, or Mrs. Hale’s death? I can’t wait to see the one shots you do but this is story is one I will definitely purchase when available, so I can read over and over.
roses0002 chapter 35 . 5/25
I loved this chapter! Fred's introduction and interactions with John were so perfect and enjoyable to read. I can totally imagine John's surly face haha.

This is such a brilliant and special story, so of course I would love to read more and I'm very interested in all your ideas. I would especially like to see a reconciliation with Hannah as she is such an important part of their lives. The honeymoon story sounds amazing too!

Thank you for all the hard work and effort you've put into this story. It gives everyone something wonderful to look forward to and has given me a lot of joy. I'll be sure to buy a copy regardless of whether you post all the chapters here as well because you deserve the support!
Oh darn, I can’t seem to access the poll. I’m sure the correct response from me will be Yes, Please! More and more. Please!
I’ve loved this story from the very first chapter. I’m going to go all the way back to the start and read it again \0/
I’d love to read Margaret’s reaction to the letters, their engagement, wedding night, honeymoon... I’ve loved the Thornton Tales and would feel immeasurably sad if I didn’t get to read the bit in between.
Love your writing... think I’d always plump for the longer version ;)
Thank you for all the chapters to date!
Jeslovsu2 chapter 35 . 5/24
Great chapter Caroline! I’ve been waiting patiently for this chapter! I would love to read more about the 10 days and beyond, but you have to do what you need to do. I appreciate all your efforts in your storytelling! Thank you so much...your FB friend Jan S
KMariaJ chapter 35 . 5/24
Thanks for the update! Great chapter.
100recycled chapter 34 . 5/15
Humor is back! You're very good with funny sequences - and you know that! :-)
100recycled chapter 33 . 5/13
I knew, you would let her mention "the dreams"! A cute idea. Under a thick layer of sugar icing things are speeding up again - that's nice. As far as I've read the works of Elizabeth Gaskell: It's not only about the effects of industrialisation, she's written a lot about unequal rights and woman suffering from the way society treated them by then. Those subjects began to be a political issue by the time the story takes place - at least over there. So it makes sense to bring some thoughts about that into this story - you've done it before e.g. by inventing the Whitehall family.
100recycled chapter 32 . 5/11
Finally!
i'm thinking it might be Frederick, whose presence in Milton I hope you explain, since Margaret's letter to him had been mailed just a day or two ago.
roses0002 chapter 34 . 5/8
Oooh haha! What a way to get caught! This was such an excellent chapter. Those kisses were incredible. You could feel all the pent up longing, and desire to be close after so many misunderstandings. I adored the scene with the gloves! Such a special way for them to find out about the other's keepsake. The mention of the ring shopping and proprietors was so sweet. It was a very charming and heartfelt detail which really added to the story. Thank you for the lovely update and I look forward to finding out who interrupted their moment (I'm guessing it's Mr Hale!).
ECM85 chapter 34 . 5/8
Great chapter! And an exciting ending... who could it be?