Reviews for Greenery
Lutris chapter 1 . 3/18/2004
Arwen's interaction is wonderful! I really liked this vignette - Helin couldn't get a better teacher than her! :)
SilentStep chapter 1 . 2/17/2004
Wow, this is lovely! Thank you so much for writing it... yay, yay for you. *throws chocolate at you* You rule.
technetium chapter 1 . 2/17/2004
This is an excellent glance at Arwen. I enjoyed this story very much, and it's excellently written.
Nenya Kanadka chapter 1 . 2/16/2004
...whoa. :) This story hit me like a ton of...something really good. This is Arwen as I've never seen her written, but absolutely definitely one of the ways she would behave. (Another is the gracious, Melian-like queen I read in another fanfic set years later.) I love how you have her seeming a bit flighty/wacky at first, and then brilliantly comforting, yet wild a the same time. You must have spent a long time thinking about how one of the Elves would seem to a Mortal. They're a bit unexpected and uncontrollable, while at the same time they seem that they utterly fit with the world they inhabit... I thought it was also neat how you referred to the idea that the Men of Dol Amroth had Elvish blood. And the line about the plant being best to pick in moonlight sounded a bit like "Elvish magic", just like "listen to the plants", which sounds a bit bizarre or spooky at first, but makes sense later. This was a very lovely, light, and beautiful story. Thank you.
-Nenya
Arabella Thorne chapter 1 . 7/4/2003
Another well thought out tale...The details are wonderful and I think i very affecting that Arwen so enjoyed discussing plants with the apprentice...I imagine Minas Tirith got many more gardens and parks with her as queen
Lindelea1 chapter 1 . 6/15/2003
Lovely story, am not quite sure how I found it but I did. You made Arwen more "real" for me, thank you very much. Your characters are well drawn and your garden real enough to smell and touch.