Reviews for Better Days
Hannah chapter 1 . 7/4
Beautiful and Heartbreaking
alwaysandforeverr7 chapter 1 . 7/5
oh my god this was an emotional rollercoaster but it was so well done! great work, your stories never disappoint!
This may be one of my favorite stories of yours! So good!
loved this, thank you
More of Dr. Scotts
Sad, and beautiful all in one. Amazing story loved it
Julia chapter 1 . 6/28
wow my favorite one! love them as doctors! beautiful story, truly.
I adore reading your Naley stories they are always the highlight of my day and this one is no exception. Thank you soo much for this story, it is so very good. never stop writing Naley!
xoxo your biggest fan
Ohmigosh wow. Just wow. This was so incredible and exactly what I needed today. You are such a fantastic writer and I will never get over how much I love this ship and how much better you’ve made it for me.
othfangirl chapter 1 . 6/29
Wow-I'm blown away! What an incredible journey you took us all on. A real emotional roller coaster and tearjerker for sure, but so worth the read because Naley finally got their precious baby boy in the end. It was just perfect. The premise of this was absolutely amazing as you took a scenario that unfortunately happens to a lot of women and couples, and showed us all the faith, strength, an endurance it takes to navigate the waters of a very tragic situation. But thankfully Naley both took turns being there for each other, and in the light of their profession, their love for not only each other, but their careers as doctors was amazing to read!

And hot damn-Naley as doctors-loved it immensely! I don't think I've ever read a story featuring the both of them as doctors-so I absolutely adored that! The backstory you created for them meeting at Duke and falling in love, then getting engaged, and finally married after their residency years were complete, was absolutely amazing. Loved that scenario for them. Sounds like they had quite the love story. It was beautiful!

And talk about angst, pain and sorrow on overload here, lol. I was a mess just trying to get through it all, but it was written so beautiful and the descriptions so spot on every single time Naley had to confront another hopeful pregnancy that ended all too soon in a miscarriage. They had to endure 3, I couldn't believe it. My heart so ached for them. But I absolutely adored how you made sure to highlight and showcase just how loving, caring, and gentle Nathan was with Haley, and there by her side every step of the way making sure she knew just how much he loved her, and how he'd always be there by her side loving her through it. The beauty of their love can never by overestimated-it's amazing.

And it was incredible how you took us through Haley's first day back at the hospital since her latest miscarriage, and once again Nathan was there with encouraging words to make sure that Haley knew how much faith he had in her to get through her day and deliver another healthy baby. But this time around, it would be Haley's strength that Nathan would need to get through a very painful time that was about to encompass their lives once again. Talk about coming full circle, by having the baby that Haley successfully delivered by C-section be the baby that ended up having a heart condition that Nathan couldn't save, and he blamed himself for the child's death. Gut-wrenching indeed. But so appreciate the realistic look at what doctor's go through each and everyday, especially the tough days.

And when Haley found her husband slumped down in the corridor with his head in his hands crying for the life he just lost, the waterworks started flowing again, hehe. But gosh-you wrote it all so damn well. Kudos girl, the emotion was beyond perfection. And yay for some hot and frantic Naley loving in the storage closet, hehe. Way to go Naley-and they ended up conceiving baby JLS, so it really ended up being such an important metaphor about love and loss leading to even greater blessings to come.

I was beyond ecstatic reading the end, that Haley was finally pregnant again with a baby that made it to full term, and the day that Haley was scheduled to begin her maternity leave, was the day that baby James came into the world, hehe. So adorable beyond words, and Nathan was over the moon running up to L&D to go be with his wife and see his son being born. Happy tears all the way around, and it really was the most perfect ending. I had visions of baby JLS being born on the show, and that scene never gets old reading about. One of the all time greats indeed, and I'm so glad that you brought that image back to us again through this wonderful fic. Such an amazing story Jill, and you deserve such a huge round of applause and a giant pat on the back for this. It was incredible, and I can't wait to read it all over again. Kudos on another brilliant piece of work :)
halesspamms.23 chapter 1 . 6/29
It was amazing! So heart wrenching and raw at the same time. A beautiful piece!
JenniferNaley23 chapter 1 . 6/28
love love LOVE this story! pleasee write a sequel. the adventures of the DR. Scotts, in love, with a child and patients...
great story, it was perfect. can't wait to read your next Naley story,
thibbs65 chapter 1 . 6/28
Love this story, so glad Naley got to have their baby and sad that she had to miscarry so many times, Naley in the hospital closet was amazing and showed how much they really relied on each other for strength and they made James Lucas Scott through their live and need for each other. Hope you add an update on how parents and baby are doing.
tp404 chapter 1 . 6/28
I love this story. They went through their struggles but still they were able to have their baby. I think you should continue and keep up the good work
missmelsie chapter 1 . 6/28
Nothing I can say could do this story justice. From Haley's miscarriages to baby Ava to Naley's insanely hot sex in the supply closet to Nathan's nerves and their joy, I felt every single bit of it. Your attention to detail and how you make a reader feel like they're standing alongside everything really makes you the best writer on this site. This was such a beautiful story, heartbreaking and hopeful.
NaleyNaley2312 chapter 1 . 6/27
I. Loved. This. It was so heart wrenching and felt so real! Thank you so much for writing it. So great!