Reviews for The 100th Hunger Games: The 4th Quarter Quell (REWRITTEN)
LittleMermade chapter 7 . 17h
Hey! :) Nice idea to bring mutts in. I'm always really interested if people create their own mutts and those are really cool. Remind me a bit of the birds that attacked Maysilee Donner in Haymitch's Games. As for Sophia - she should really be careful with her head up in the clouds or it might just get her killed. Please do the mentors' perspectives in future chapters! It's really interesting to follow an outside-view. Maybe you can also show interactions between different mentors. Really looking forward to more!
LittleMermade chapter 6 . 7/8
Oh wow, that was indeed really cool! I am now all of a sudden intrigued by Jose and Acacia. They will make for interesting antagonists. I think it's a good choice that you stuck to Rain's POV for most of the bloodbath; that way I could still tell what was going on. Now I wonder how the careers will do in the arena and when Rain and Sophia (or Rain and Iris) will reunite.
ForsakenKnight44 chapter 5 . 7/8
Nice chapter, I'm looking forward to how Rain plays out in the arena. As for the arena, I think it'll be a beautiful arena, sort of the like Haymitch's Games.
LittleMermade chapter 5 . 7/7
That was really cute! I loved Rain's interview - he's such a cinnamon roll. I also see you found some inspiration in my story for the conversation on the roof ;) Nice one.
I have to praise you for that line before the interviews: "The infamously tone-hearted and emotionless victor of District 12... did that." It made me grin.
LittleMermade chapter 4 . 7/5
Sophia‘s motivation is now much clearer to me. I‘m looking forward to her actual dynamic with Rain inside the arena. It‘s also pretty interesting that a lot of the tributes got insanely good ratings. It‘s surprising to me for sure. Looking forward to more! :)
ForsakenKnight44 chapter 4 . 7/2
Nice chapter, looking forward to reading the next one. The swap between the tributes' perspectives is an interesting touch.
Aidan M chapter 2 . 6/30
Brilliant chapter. The changes to Katniss' story also make sense.
LittleMermade chapter 3 . 7/1
Oh my! That was incredibly fast! Be careful to not let them fall for each other that fast, it seems too much like insta-love. But they are a cute fit for sure and have a chance to win together because of the twist of this Quarter Quell :) Also, be careful with the tenses, don't switch between past and present when it doesn't make sense. Looking forward to more!
ForsakenKnight44 chapter 3 . 6/30
Reviewed on the original story, and the story seems improved over all. Nice work.
audreyoctopus chapter 2 . 6/29
Another good chapter, looking forward to Chapter 3!
audreyoctopus chapter 1 . 6/29
Ooh, interesting idea! Great chapter :)
LittleMermade chapter 2 . 6/29
I find it to be interesting how you are clearly inspired by elements of Katniss' original story, but give them a little twist to make something new for your characters. I most definitely love your version of Katniss and am excited to see more of her. Rain is a likable protagonist and I'm looking forward to seeing a dynamic build between him and Iris (and also really interested in the other tributes). I'm going to wildly speculate that there will be a love story, but I cannot predict between whom. Since the next chapter will be training I'm excited to see what your protagonists can do and also how you portray the dynamic within the career pack and with the others.
LittleMermade chapter 1 . 6/28
Hey there! :) I really hoped you'd do the rewrite you teased in my reviews! It looks really interesting and your character-voice has already improved a lot! I'm absolutely following this and will be reading whenever you update. As for what's coming, I suggest you drag out the time your tributes spend in the Capitol before the Games. It's a nice tool for establishing bonds and relationships and making their decisions inside the arena harder. I'm also pretty excited for all the other tributes to be introduced. Keep it up!