Reviews for At the End
Silent Jay chapter 1 . 7/3
Good- the idea that he could be Rex is used several times before, so here u go!
ROCuevas chapter 1 . 6/30
Quite amazing work.
MossyMeow chapter 1 . 6/29
That man did have another name in Legends, but not in canon. Filoni didn’t want to explicitly retcon that he was Rex, but said fans could believe that if they wanted to. Either way, Rex was at the Battle of Endor, so this is totally plausible.
Sfloresf chapter 1 . 6/29
This was such a touching story. Captain Rex coming to pay his last respects to his former General and friend is such a unique concept. It makes sense that Captain Rex would do so, since he was so loyal and trusted friend to Anakin. Thank You for writing and sharing such an AMAZING story. I hope you continue to write. Stay Safe! Stay Strong! ;)
that guy you know the one chapter 1 . 6/28
As soon as I saw the title and the two characters involved, I knew I was in for some feels. I am pretty sure they retro actively made the old man Rex in one of the Galaxy of Adventure shorts. They show he still wears his clone armor Gauntlet with the endor camo. I know this was probably intended to be one shot, but I would love to see the next conversation between these two.
Son of sea 9 tail chapter 1 . 6/28
I liked it
PR2 chapter 1 . 6/28
No it is now canon that he is Rex. Lovely story, now part of my headcanon. Based on that you should do a sequel where Rex introduces Luke & Leia to Ahsoka.
A Bottle Of Rage chapter 1 . 6/28
Fun fact, that is indeed captain rex, he just went under a different name after the end of star wars rebels and into the the original trilogy so he wouldn't be found by the empire
kendog52361 chapter 1 . 6/27
Nice story. Also, while there's been some debate, and "official canon" has gone back and forth, I think the current "official canon" consensus from Lucasfilm is that the bearded guy in Episode VI is in fact Rex. "Originally", it was some guy named something like Nik, but with the introduction of The Clone Wars, it started the debate, then the re-introduction of Rex in Rebels, basically made it unofficially official, just without Lucasfilm actually saying the words. The best evidence, I think, is at the end of Rebels, in the flash forward, I think Rex is depicted in the Episode VI Clothing/Uniform.
Pink ranger 13 chapter 1 . 6/27
It’s a great story
Soulscripts chapter 1 . 6/27
Well written. Believable interaction. Interesting crossing of paths. Nice job.
Quathis chapter 1 . 6/27
Great idea, though the writing seems rushed. I do appreciate the feelings and sentiment here, and the scene is one that ai could see happening. Until next time.
Invader Johnny chapter 1 . 6/27
Well nice talk Like had with Rex and indeed maybe Anakin finally found peace.

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
Jokerisdaking chapter 1 . 6/27
Great story. I was riveted by every word. I love it when people address Anakin's redemption with prequel era characters. It’s a subject that barely anyone ever writes about.

By the way. I think the old bearded man on Endor IS actually canonically considered Rex now.

In closing I just want to say I loved you story one more time.
A Star Wars Fan chapter 1 . 6/27
The Rebel trooper you're thinking of has been confirmed, at least by Dave Filoni in Star Wars Rebels, to have actually been Rex.