|Reviews for The War of the Worlds|
| ChrisW96003 chapter 1 . 7/3
both whipped out; helpless."
both wiped out; helpless."
| macrossboy chapter 1 . 7/3
Wow. Best Adaptation in H.G Wells History (with all due respect to Tom Cruise, Dakota Fanning, and the rest of the cast / production / writers for the 2005 film).
| marebear8484 chapter 1 . 7/3
Excellent! I wasn’t sure when I first started but it was really good.
| DesertSandBox chapter 1 . 7/2
i really enjoyed this will you end up making a sequel to this with the next mars attack?
| a.a.rogers chapter 1 . 7/2
I would point out that the surface of the Earth is about 71% water; of the remaining 29% that is land, a significant majority is made up of vast deserts and plains, mountain ranges and rain-forests, and the poles. In fact humanity has built up very little. As an example, in the UK (a very highly dense country), built-up areas consists of 6% of the total land. This means that it is supremely unlikely for many meteorites to land uniformly near major cities.
Second point is that, as the meteorites are coming from a single direction (Mars), in a short space of time they cannot fall all over the planet if they were natural. They would fall into an area and that area would track around the Earth as it rotated during the day.
Conclusion: for a scientist or military officer, such an outcome would be immediately suspicious. After all, as Ian Fleming once said, "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, thrice is enemy action."
| Josh Voices Swayla Audio Fics chapter 1 . 7/1
I'm not even done with this ch/story & I have to say one thing(I"ll review again after I read it all). Wizards aren't inovative with ways to keep themselves safe unless they're waring, like Voldy. Y didn't they use anti cap sizing charm or even fly? What was wrong w/ flying? Y didn't they brew the felicious luck potion either? Y don't the wizards fighting the Martian Medusia? Well all teh wizards besides Voldy's crew? He's prob to arrogant to use felicious potion, good riddance. So the Order & Ministry should secretly use felitious potion, esp if Dumbledore is still alive
| Daniel6 chapter 1 . 6/30
It might surprise most people, but the novel is set in London. Most of the adaptations have it in America. And I'm amazed that you created a different Achilles' Heel for the Martians. And the icing on the cake is Harry & Hermione being together.
| Bonsly24 chapter 1 . 6/29
This was fantastic. :D
| d1n0s chapter 1 . 6/28
Wow, that was really well written. It was funny how obvious when you think about it the aliens were going to meet their doom was in 20/20 hindsight of course.
Looking forward to more of your work.
| unlikely2 chapter 1 . 6/28
Ingenious premise. Well told.