Reviews for The Music of the Thing as it Happens
breakfas chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
I watched ROTK right before I read this and then cried myself to sleep. Beautifully written. Thanks for posting
Karasu'sHystericalToaster chapter 1 . 2/2/2004
That is so beautiful. A wonderful fic that I'll never forget.
CeCe Rocket chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
That was a beautifully written story. It nearly braught me to tears. Your descrption was wonderful and I can see you researched and yet the way you wrote was so poetic. I loved this fic, it is so somber and angsty yet Sam and Frodo's love is portrayed in such a way where just being together is more intimate than anything. Brillant. I love it.
kete chapter 1 . 5/31/2003
the beauty of this story reminds me of an ancient and fragile chalice made of finest crystal - or of the professor's words: "...and their joy was like swords, and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness". thank you.

kete
Lullenny chapter 1 . 5/30/2003
Lovely use of language and inventory (web, water, stars, waves, flute...). And I so love a story that cuts right to the quick. Excellent!

I look forward to reading more of your stories.
Heidi Gamgee chapter 1 . 5/30/2003
That was beautiful. I especially liked how you protrayed Sam watching Frodo sail away, even though it is terribly sad. Having Sam forever haunted by the flute-music was an original touch.

I liked how you described the "perfect moment" between Frodo and Sam. It's as if something sad can be made less painful by the beauty it carries. In the end you're quite bold, not softening Sam's anguish with hope or the comforts of having a family waiting at home. It seems the only thing that could comfort him is the beauty that he intuits is in their parting. This is very powerful.
oselle chapter 1 . 5/29/2003
"The waves must keep coming across the sea, the dusk must fall and hide the world, and every crawling thing upon the earth must hurt."

One of the most poignant Grey Havens scenarios I've ever read in a fanfic. Beautifully done, all the way through, heartbreaking at the end.
Aratlithiel1 chapter 1 . 5/29/2003
Oh, lovely. I'm not a slash fan normally but this is so beautiful it doesn't even seem slashy. It's poetic and sweet and sad and...just very, very nice. Very well-written and very heartfelt. I'm glad to see it here as well as on RR - it deserves a wide audience. Great piece.
Isildae chapter 1 . 5/28/2003
Oh how lovely. . .It was all so bitter and sad, I think I hated Frodo for a moment there-

And Sam's pain is so real I could nearly taste it.

Powerful. . .Powerful and beautiful. . .

Exquisite!
Archerlass chapter 1 . 5/28/2003
This really touched my heart! Beautiful imagery, bone deep pain and heartache, I wanted Frodo to relent so bad I yelled at him!

*sob*

Despite the pain, I wouldn't change a thing.

Sorrowful Eagle chapter 1 . 5/28/2003
I'm usless at writing feedback, but I really, *really* liked this. It's so sweet, yet sad, and cuts right into your heart.

Well done, it's great (althought I feel like I shouldn't be saying 'well done', like I'm a teacher marking an essay).

But it is great.

*leaves a box of gingerbread hobbits*

~Sorrow