Reviews for Risen
jpraner chapter 8 . 8/4/2014
This was/is a great story. regardless of which direction it goes. It's also interesting to see some of the polarized views on Rogue. I'm a fan of Romy myself, because so much of the shittiness in their relationship I have to blame on the writers. But that's a whole nuther discussion. I hope you continue no matter which direction you decide to go.
Guest chapter 8 . 10/30/2013
I know this has been up a long time but i just want to say that this was fantastic! Really, your descriptions and the emotions you conveyed were excellent and it's so well written. I really enjoyed it!
ebonypol chapter 8 . 5/18/2013
Would love more? :D
Emu Thing chapter 6 . 3/7/2012
I hope you continue.

Yes as someone (I wont say who) pointed out my two post are indeed hypocritical.

I am sorry! After my first post I read it about fifty more times and decided that I didn’t care.

Also it always makes me upset to see BJ2’s comments. How can she read the comics if she hates Romy so much!
Netta chapter 8 . 9/9/2011
I hope this isn’t a slash. It would be best if there was no real paring at all, they seem to take over the whole plot.
BadHorse chapter 8 . 4/18/2011
I hate to say that I've read this story several time without reviewing. Shame of me! I'm really digging your narrative.

Originally, I was hesitant to think that the story started off too slow (but for good developmental reason). When it hit the Logan and Remy moments, though, wow, just really, wow. It's the subtle differences between Remy and Logan that really shine:

"When y' 'ave nothin' more t' give…"

You sell your soul.

"…y' take what y' can get."

You're really creating Remy's character in the soft, subtle moments. I think, in general, it's these little character moments that strike me the most.

"Sit down, kid. You're slipping up. And I will put your fucking face through the floor before I let you lose control in here."

And, ah, Logan! It rings so true for the character without every becoming melodramatic or cliche. He cares about Remy, but he's no fool and he's definitely not the sentimental type. Mistrust vs. friendship really drives these last few chapters, Dark Elf3, and I for one am eagerly waiting updates. Much luck!
Ghost of a Curious Cat chapter 8 . 3/16/2011
Wow, that's a great story! Really well-written. I hope you will continue it... someday.

And I probably shouldn't say that, but I find it funny how some of your reviewers (I won't say who) are telling you to ignore the comments of the other reviewers who say what they don't want to hear, yet at the same time are doing exactly the same thing. Saying 'don't mind them and make it into a story you want it to be... but I hope... (and so on, and so on)'. This makes me want to shake my head.

That's why I will personally refrain from saying where I want this story to go. Don't want to pressure you into anything. I'm sure that if you continue this (which I hope you do), the story will be good either way ;)

So, hypocritically, I say - ignore them all and do what you feel must be done.

Have a nice day!
Crazy Elf chapter 8 . 3/15/2011
O Elbereth Gilthoniel.

You just had to leave it there! Why? That is so, so cruel...

The suspense is killing me, but not literally. At least, not yet. Elves die from grief, you know...

Just kidding. I'm not an Elf. At least, my psychiatrist tells me so. I don't know whether I should believe him yet.

On with the review...

I like that you didn't make Wolverine trust Gambit implicitly just because he's alive (and wronged, but Logan doesn't know that). His (initial?) suspicion is much more believable and doesn't make me cringe like his misplaced (and unrealistic) over protectiveness does. On the other hand, his suspicion makes me feel bad for Remy, simply because what happened to him was horrible, and he never seems to get a break. It wasn't even his fault - at least, not to such an extent as to leave him to freeze to death in Antarctic. And as if it wasn't enough, he has to deal with all that mistrust and negativity (and a number of other things)... I'm probably biased on this, by the way, but who isn't? ;)

I still can not forgive Rogue for this. Logically, I can probably justify her, but still... she claimed to love him, didn't she? A fine love it turned out to be. And Ororo, and Hank, for that matter... I dislike them since - decisions like this shouldn't be made on the spot, in the emotional rush, without a proper thought and inquiry. They were supposed to be more sensible than that - take him back and give him a proper trial, and anyway, it was not their place to hand out death sentences. At even if it was a death sentence, it could have been a much less torturous one, a more humane one, a faster one. They simply refused to dirty their hands, like cowards, and dismissed all the years of knowing him (and calling him their friend) like it was nothing, withholding even that last courtesy. But what is more distasteful is that they seem to be quite all right with that.

It is probably really weird, but I don't want them to feel guilty as much as I want them to understand... But feeling guilty would be nice too. Like, really, really nice... Yep, definitely biased ;) *looks evil before remembering that Elves don't look evil. Begins talking to house plants and singing songs in Sindarin before remembering that she is not an Elf.*

I can only hope that we won't have to wait for the next chapter for another two years. Oh please, please don't do this to your readers! *Reduced to shameless begging, until a hand appears from the side of the screen and whacks her on the back of her head, bringing her successfully in line* Sorry about that.

May Eru bless you, and sorry for my rant.
mei mei chapter 7 . 10/14/2010
i picked up this story over a weeks break, so i wasnt quite up to speed at the start, but i really got into it. i think this is my favourite chapt. so far.

You also do very well to capture Remy's speech, I'd never heard a cajun accent before (im in Australia)so i had to find the cartoons on youtube, but i think you do a very good job of capturing it!

Hope you keep writing!

mei xox
E chapter 8 . 10/11/2010
So glad it's back. Extremely well written chapter.
Emu Thing chapter 7 . 10/7/2010
I for one hope you ignore BJ2’s comment and make it how you feel it should be. I also hope for some brother/sister moment’s between Remy and Ororo. (So cute)
Streetwise chapter 8 . 10/6/2010
That was great! It really got me excited and interested in the story again, especially that last section. Your descriptions were great and I really liked Wolverine's POV on Remy. I'm excited to read more whenever you get around to it. Don't worry about updating super-regularly; life happens and it's worth the wait anyhow.
BJ2 chapter 8 . 10/6/2010
Wow... I come to to pass time I never really expect to find stories that move me. For fans of Remy there are (sadly) endless stories (horror, in my opinion) about Remy and Rogue (I'll die before I use that horrid abbreviation) finding love in each others arms, or the stories that make her look like a victim. (what a joke!)

I really hope you update this story and that you continue to focus on Logan and Remy. I understand this isn't a slash fic, and while that would be fine with me, I hope you concentrate on their friendship and ignore her totally, or limit her part in story.

This is beautifully written and the accent was well done. Thank you a million times over for not making him call himself Remy! That was the cartoon, not the comics and it gets very annoying and distracting. Thank you for this, it a real treasure.
Kitsuk8 chapter 8 . 10/6/2010
Well I'm certainly glad you updated. I love this fic.
CaraM chapter 7 . 6/18/2010
Nice chapter. I thoroughly enjoyed the distaste that Remy felt for the bar as the "Prince of Thieves". I find it funny that he can be so prissy about his environment. Tho whole chapter felt very true to what you've been doing so far in the story. Please update soon cause I cannot wait for Rogue to enter the picture.