Reviews for Inflection Point
MarJan53 chapter 1 . 9/12
I just loved everybody’s internal monologues
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 7/27
Like your A/N says so well, I too am sometimes a tad frustrated by the things which get glossed over/skipped on-screen so I am absolutely delighted to come across this gem which expands so beautifully on the already terrific scenes that come before.

You have a complete grasp of the characters and their voices, not just Neal and Peter but also Diana. She may be more wary of Neal and his motives but she can read him pretty well and if nothing else she knows how close he and Peter are. Plus by this point I think she really is (was) genuinely growing fond of him.

The icing on the cake though is the moment in the conference room with the two of them. Neal's remorse for how his actions may have affected Peter is genuine, as is Peter's priority for Neal's wellbeing over the official ramifications of what he nearly did. I also like that Peter acknowledged he may not have made it easy for Neal to open up, although to be fair neither of them are particularly good on that score!

It was a touching, heart-felt discussion which never went over the top, or took them out of character, and I loved that final line. Because Peter always does/did manage to save him (with the exception perhaps of that last episode, but that's a discussion for another day).

I should just add that after enjoying this so much I looked at the author name and realised had I seen it first I would have known it would be good, as I've read a lot of your work and they've always been a pleasure :)
jeanie2914 chapter 1 . 7/25
Such a great read! Thank you for writing it!
PastOneonta chapter 1 . 7/20
Really nice, and a scene we truly appreciate seeing the details and the outcome. Neal with a gun was a big shock. He was never a killer. I like the way you wrote Diana. She’s concerned but she’s not going to coddle or placate Neal, she’s too direct and straightforward for that. Which is what he needs while he is in the car trying to get a grip. His mind is a mess. I think it started with grief and then anger and then he lost his way, and as he thought to himself, sometimes anger is easier to live with than grief. Peter was good. I appreciate he let Neal apologize, he is going to let Neal sit in on the meeting with Fowler, and then Neal and Peter can re-group. They can recover and Peter can support Neal. That’s my hope, and thanks to fanfic it’s reality. Thanks for this story.
Taramor chapter 1 . 7/7
It is a wonderfull story. I wish we had seen that in the show.
You describe Neals desperation so well, the greyness, how hard he figths and how well he is hiding his emotions most of the time.
Both Diane and Peter was great.
Thank you!
Happy reader70 chapter 1 . 7/4
Absolutely love the all of it! Neal’s and Diana’s POV are great, giving the right understanding of the troubled situation they both are in!
And Peter is ... awesome!
Thank you!