Reviews for Open Eyes
nievelion chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
This...is awesome. Cross has so many characters, and so much left unexplored and unexplained, it practically seems to be a ficcer's dream come true. This one-shot shows just why. Not only does it do a wonderful job of showcasing Van as a character (and I always liked him-he was one of the few in the game who had a backstory and development IMO, and I never found him wangsty, but genuinely felt sorry for him), it does a wonderful job of being IC with Harle (I liked both the reference to her moon powers and her refusal to call you anything but Lynx, and the bit with her thinking you'd get pneumonia, die, and haunt her was hilarious and heartwarming at the same time).

And best of all, it really explores not only Serge himself, but one of the main plot points in the game which, thanks him him being a silent protagonist, never got delved into. Namely, how did Serge feel not just about being turned into Lynx, but having all his friends reject and hate and refuse to believe him? Addressing this now really helps deepen both Serge as a character so he isn't just a cipher and deepen the game and its plot. Thanks for this!

You also have some great details, like how Lynx's hands and feet look, or explaining why he could only growl in the FMV where "Serge" stabbed Kid but can talk just fine now, and Lynx could speak just fine too before the switch-that he'd need time to acclimatize to Lynx's body before he could speak. Simple but brilliant. And the bit with Van having to "translate" for you, and his resentment toward Glenn, were also nice touches.
Link Fangirl01 chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
:3 This makes me love Van. I should persuade sis to give him a try in her party. (She just collected him, but I don't think she plans on using him much.)

I really like this. The first part was confusing for a bit, then I realized it was just a messed-up nightmare. (Poor Serge, he probably has a lot of those.)

Great oneshot, continue writing...all that good stuff. -adds to favorites-
Crossing Dreamer Silverdramon chapter 1 . 4/11/2005
aww so cool too poor Serge
Rinoa Leonheart1 chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
Aw c'mon, Van, stop bashing Glenn! LOL. Cool story. Does the story end here or are there gonna be more chapters?
Amanda chapter 1 . 5/30/2003
I likes, keep up the good work!
mystlady chapter 1 . 5/29/2003
Poor Serge! What gonna happen to Glenny!
Just some anonymous reader chapter 1 . 5/29/2003
I really like this story of yours! You create the scene well with the imagery and dialogue. Poor Ser... um... Monsieur? _;; (bookmarks the page in her "fav. fanfiction stories" folder) Keep up the great work! Thumbs up!