Reviews for The Pilgrim Soul
Indy Pollard chapter 5 . 8/17/2006
I found this fiction yesterday and took until today to read throught it all, and I must say, this story is great! I loved how you played the many characters and you kept the story steady, not chasing too many sub plots that direct attention away from the main plot.

The date of the last update made me suspect that you might have forgotten about the fiction, but let's all hope that's not the case, eh?
LA chapter 5 . 5/24/2005
Loving this. Just how I pictured mature Remy. And he and rogue are actually behaving like normal intelligent adults.

I love the interactions with the Guild and how Emil is a lot like Bobby in some fanfics - the joker.

I'd like to see Gambit showing some serious mourning though especially now his father's gone too. I know it was mentioned but he just seems too busy to let it all out which a normal person would need to do or they'd explode. But how much stress can you give our poor Cajun eh? Thanks so much for this piece, please keep going :o)
helppuppie chapter 5 . 5/20/2005
FREAKIN' FAB-U-LOUS! riveting.. o man, i love da way remy is portrayed in here.. so many authors dump him as this sleazy guy wit no heart.. o i love this story... PLEASE update soon... need to find out how this drama all ends..
Asheni chapter 5 . 5/14/2005
oo hot hot! aww i just love this story! i soo cant wait till the next update! wow i've been haning on to this story for sometime and i just love reading it over and over! soo good! anywho update soon please!

Jean1 chapter 5 . 5/13/2005
Now I loved this chapter. Guild politics is always fun and Gambit and all the others come off so well as characters. There's hints of angst but it doesn't overwhelm the characters. Love the bit with Mercy and the ring, Storm, Belle, and Rogue - you can see real progression with these characters from where they started in the comics. You do fine by all of them here. I also enjoyed the work with Sage and Bishop, and can't wait to see the Guild react to them.
ishandahalf chapter 5 . 5/13/2005
can i just tell you how much i'm loving this? a fabulously well-balanced story, nice complexity, great characterization... great stuff, really. plus, you used j alfred prufrock! i heart that poem. and oh, i QUITE enjoyed merci giving remy her and henri's rings... here's hoping he'll be using them with rogue some day. i can dream, can't i?

anyhoo. more, MORE i say! keep it coming, quick like a bunny on crack.
Quing chapter 2 . 3/10/2005
I know it's been awhile since you wrote this, but it's great... gotta finish reading it :)
kitsuK8 chapter 4 . 1/1/2005
UPDATE! PLEASE!
D chapter 4 . 11/24/2004
Interesting story. I like your characterization of Gambit, as well as the rest of the x-men. Not many people can balance a good Gambit and Rogue relationship. All too often one of the pair ends up being a hot-headed emotional basketcase. I like that you show how their relationship has developed during their time off.

I'm a little wary of Louisa. She could very easily turn into a MarySue character, which would ruin the wonderful story you have going here. Be careful not to make her too perfect, powerful, or to always have the perfect comeback. So far you're doing a good job with her.

I like the time frame and the storyline. I look forward to more updates.
Nikniven chapter 1 . 7/30/2004
Hi there. I rarely read fanfic, and i've never reviewed a story in my life, but this is so good i had to do it. Really, you've got a great handle on the characters ( you've been told by others - you should be working for Marvel).Extra kudos for this being an X-Treme complaint, i'm a huge R&R shipper and i'm sad you broke them up, but the story is still amazing. I'm specially surprised at how well you manage to write Sage, she's one of my favourites and probably very difficult to write, but so far your Tessa has been great.

I hope you haven't given up on this story and that you update soon. I'm just dying to see what happens next.
Red Eyed Cajun chapter 1 . 6/9/2004
WOW! SO GOOD! I have looked for stories that included Jake for ages. I just love Jake. There should be more stories with Remy and Jake in them. They make a good team. Nothing slashy. i just think they make a good team. good story. : )
xcoolcomic chapter 5 . 5/29/2004
This is one of the best stories I have ever read. You are a great writer and I cant wait to read more of the story. ;-p
kitsuK8 chapter 5 . 5/24/2004
YEAH! another chapter that was defintly well worth the wait i just loved the fight scene with remy and bella wonder what was up with luisa (sp?) haha anywho yeah cant wait till the next update which im sure will be just as good if not better~
kitsuK8 chapter 5 . 4/26/2004
omg you better update this or ill...well ill...hum...well ill ...actually i dont know what i will do but i hope you feel guilty cause you left off a lot o reviewers to suffer the harsh consequences o withdrawel from this wonderfully magnifique story and it would be such a shame if you had to do that to one more o those great reviewers so please please update i know you probably dont want to but if you aint at least tell the rest o the story line to us but please try to finish! i love this story and i do hope to see the end!
Painhted Eyes chapter 5 . 4/19/2004
Marvelously layered and nuanced, unfolding at a leisurely (maybe *too* leisurely?) pace, but thus far quite well worth it. Reminds me a bit of the Two Thieves story arc by Valerie, another excellent writer. Hope it won't be abandoned as so many longer works are, I'll be checking back to see about updates. This is, indeed, a very promising and clearly talented writer.
Painted Eyes