Reviews for Big Damn Heroes
DetectiveInspectorSydney chapter 1 . 7/15/2014
I really liked this story. I appreciate your interpretation of the characters, it helps me wrap my head around what happened with Kaylee.
AuburnGraces28 chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
good story, nice stuff on Wash's real feelings, it read true
Ghost-moth chapter 1 . 7/27/2004
I've always loved the Wash-Kaylee kinship and its explored really beautifully here from his side. One of my absolute fav moments in the series comes in Heart of Gold when Kaylee says "Tell me I'm pretty" and he responds "Were I unwed I would take you in a manly fashion". "Cause I'm pretty?" "Cause you're pretty". I really like the idea of exploring the background to this. I think a nice development, and a way to continue this story with Kaylee and Wash actually discussing the future etc...

My constructive criticism would be to suggest that you limit yourself in the number of chinese expressions. I know that a few can authenticate the narrative but too many can be disruptive.

All in all, a lovely insight into a favoured pairing. Please keep going!
nickyjay chapter 1 . 10/3/2003
I liked this very much, good insight into the Zoe/Mal/Wash relationship and into Kaylee and the nature of courage. I always like the way Joss has 'ordinary folk' in his caste, and makes it clear that it isn't easy being ordinary sometimes.

Keep writing.

Nickyjay
FireflyFan1 chapter 1 . 7/13/2003
I loved the Mal/Wash interaction, it was very well written.
lily94 chapter 1 . 6/4/2003
Thougth it was great. mal and Kaylee have a relationship as brother and sister and he would protect her at all cost.