Reviews for Lindórë
RavenLady chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
I think this is one of your best stories, which is saying something . . . it's one of the more original ideas I've seen in fanfiction, and so quietly moving and eloquent. Wow.
Kelenthial chapter 1 . 3/19/2007
Oh, so nice and so sad... heh, yeah, I know, I am eloquentXD...

I decided to review this story, because it stung a string in my heart with these words:

"Adar, in particular, had gained the peculiar habit of peering into her room when the singer came, as if looking for something. Arwen once asked him if he feared discovery, but he only replied: “I am not the singer your father seeks, Tinúviel,” and would speak no more of it."

- so sad. Elrond is seeking for his foster-father, Macalaure, hoping beyond hope that perhaps he is watching after his family, his children, that perhaps love is still stronger than grief... These words show clear his own love and longing. So sad. Daeron is not the singer her father is seeking. He is watching after HER, not her family, because she is told to be Luthien reborn...

Sweet melancholy and even sweeter dose of shadow cloaked mysterys and half-truths.

This story of yours made my heard ache - it is exactly the kind of writing I may truely enjoy... Or write and be proud of:).

It is just a simple story, small one-shot - but you made your reader *feel* - and that is the greatest of achievements!

So, just wanted to praise you a little bit;) And, pray, write more! '

(PS: not a English native speaker. All typos and other in the review are, well, essential to my semi-literationXD I apologize, though.)
the lycans chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
that was breath takingly beautiful
Cyhiraeth chapter 1 . 4/19/2005
“I am not the singer your father seeks, Tinúviel.”

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.
queenieb chapter 1 . 2/10/2005
This is so touching, and sad, and achingly beautiful.
Electra chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
This is so, so beautiful. I love the idea of Daeron watching over Arwen's life, it just seems right somehow. And the phrase '“I am not the singer your father seeks, Tinúviel
Nol chapter 1 . 2/23/2004
How achingly beautiful. Sad, soft, sweet and just right. This is going on my favourites list right away. Absolutely wonderful work.
Princess of Dol Amroth chapter 1 . 1/12/2004
Just beautiful. What a heart-breaking tale with an ending that will make you cry. Wonderful, that's all I can say.
Aine Tassorosso chapter 1 . 7/23/2003
Beautiful. That's all I can say.
Rebecca19 chapter 1 . 7/4/2003
That is the sweetest answer to the mystery of Daeron's disappearance that I have ever heard. I admit that I didn't really figure it out until the end, but that just made it more fun to go back and read it again. I've always loved Daeron, and most people seem to dislike him for betraying Luthien. The way that you've shown him coming to Arwen when she was growing up-it's just beautiful. Thanks for the story.
Hellga again chapter 1 . 5/31/2003
I already reviewed, so I am not logged in. It inspired me to write a couple Daeron haikus. Wanted to thank you for the inspiration. *hug*
Hellga chapter 1 . 5/31/2003
Beautiful. Not sure if Daeron would survive that long, though... but who cares? Such a beautiful story.
Suzine chapter 1 . 5/31/2003
*stunned silence*

This is...beautiful beyond belief. So sad, and so quiet, and so restrained and so /painful/ in times, but never gushing or bitter.

And in the end, there is yet hope...and even a form of joy.

Superb work. You're one of the handful of authors who write angst and drama as good as they do humour (if not better).

Just one request...

“I am not the singer your father seeks, Tinúviel,”

I don't suppose there's a chance of an Elrond/Maglor story, is there...? *hopeful look*
Imbeleth chapter 1 . 5/31/2003
This is beautiful. *sigh* Simple words can evoke much emotions from the readers and you have done it perfectly. Sweet and poignant. i love it. )
erunyauve chapter 1 . 5/31/2003
What a beautiful parallel between Luthien and Arwen, and who to recognize it better than Daeron? It resolves Daeron's fate with some hope - I have a sense that he can now cease his lonely wanderings and go West.