Reviews for The Upside of Heartbreak
Zafirya chapter 27 . 12/2/2021
I hope everything is okay with you. I really miss your writing
Guest chapter 27 . 11/17/2021
Please update soon! This is such a good story! Keep up the good work! :)
Chesta1892 chapter 27 . 11/17/2021
I have to admit, I don't usually get hooked so easily by HTTYD Modern Fanfics, but this is a truly well written story so far. I love it! Hope you keep writing, I would love to see what happens next!
Guest chapter 27 . 9/19/2021
Please update soon!,
b3ach5oy chapter 27 . 9/16/2021
Another great chapter once again I applaud you for your spectacular writing capabilities nice touch adding the bolide to Hayden's garage (i mean is it even road legal probably not but i mean it hayden he’s rich and badass). Also speaking of rich and badass i got an idea for your a possible next story since you like hiccup or hayden here being a complete badass and stupidly rich a hiccup as ironman could be really good. but im not sure if your into superhero stuff so. I’ll leave you this for inspiration if you want to do my idea. Book is by Supersandman and rumblingnightcutter called ironfury which is httyd set in the ironman universe pretty short but good for being written in 2014
StarFlower-Ink chapter 27 . 9/12/2021
I’M OBSESSED
Pls update soon!
CajunBear73 chapter 27 . 9/5/2021
Scott's tutor-visit seems to have brought up some of the 'turmoil' in his life between himself, his Dad, Sabrina, Astrid, expectations...and Hayden...Many of the imposed 'absolutes' in Scott's life are falling apart when they actually are compared to the reality he's been walled off from by his upbringing and said 'expectations' dumped on him by his Dad and by those who live by those expectations...

He's learning, while still interjecting old reactions to the 'New Hayden', that someone grew up and it's being gently shown to him, he might start to grow up too...

For now, he's taking that lifeline offered and maybe Scott will learn more than the school work he needs to stay on the team...and that he had sold Hayden short all those years ago. Just like his Dad, Hayden's Dad and all the others, had all those years ago, too.

Zafirya chapter 27 . 9/5/2021
No worries. I was actually getting a bit worried that sth had happened to you. I am glad it was just a block.
One one hand I would love to see how things develop in the storyChridtmas party) but I am a sucker for everyday scenarios. So, I actually really liked this chapter , I like seeing Snot in a different light.
I also had a part different in m mind. :D Hiccup's interrogation done by the twins in a police like dark room. Tuff turns around in a chair and chicken is sitting in his lap, giving out slow threathening noises XD. A bit of a godftaher flare thrown into it and Ruff doing the good cop in the background. :D Sorry, I just love imagining them in a silly chicken situation in your story. Will we see more puns from Astrid like the movie references at the party?
And the lady paying visit to the classsmells like and Unbitch visitCan't wait for the next. chapter
MisguidedPenguin chapter 27 . 9/4/2021
It’s good to have you back! It seems that the time away did you some good. Although not a lot happened in this chapter plot wise, it flowed very nicely and didn’t feel either too rushed or too slow - overall enjoyable to read. It did well at setting up the slowly evolving dynamic between Hayden and Scott, as well as giving us a nice, fluffy glimpse into a bit of Hiccstrid domesticity. Keep up the good work, and take all the time you need. Us fans will wait patiently for whenever the next chapter may come.
Dynasty0612 chapter 26 . 7/14/2021
That was heavy. I knew the past was bad but I didn’t realize it was this bad. Very well done indeed.

Also, curious as to when book 3 of the dance of power trilogy is planned to be published
b3ach5oy chapter 26 . 7/14/2021
Yes finally one month and a week later we get the long awaited update (i was lowkey starting to worry a bit your one of my favourite author’s right now) . This was a great chapter glad we finally got a glimpse into Haydens pass. Extremely well written and as an Australian I sympathise with you on not wanting to do anything hot days lucky it’s winter right now
Zafirya chapter 26 . 7/14/2021
How I missed these updates. Even though it was a heavy chapter I like how you played with the characters. I could feel the depth in it. What I also really lived was that you formed this whole thing in a way that was not bleeding angst. you could tell the hurt and pain but in a ... ? good way ? does that make sense? Anyway it was really worth the wait. And good luck with ghe heath. It is also around 40 hereBudapest, Hungary) and it will stay around 30-35 for the next month...
CajunBear73 chapter 26 . 7/13/2021
While the social snipers flit about trying to make something out of nothing, Astrid seems to have turned a corner with Hayden in their relationship.

The drama with Tyler and Rachel aside, sure to be returned to in time, a bit more of Hayden's dark past is explained to Astrid and from the discussion, they are growing even closer as they go on.

Hope the witch-hunt at school ends soon and all set the pace for the rest of their lives.

But...something's still gotta stink things up...right? LOL!

Now Account chapter 22 . 6/24/2021
You know what, I REALLY don’t wanna study right now!

- The expecting something to happen is the worst kind of torture there is! Rather just get it over with
- Alvin can be pretty terrifying. Not a bad feature to have as dean of a university I might add.
- Though he really is a good guy. Mischievous maybe
- A safe space my ass. Always the same BS talk.
- It is indeed always better to ‘believably omit details‘ than to lie. You can take that a step further by phrasing your sentences in a way that makes the audience draw wrong conclusions.
- AWKWARD if I imagine telling the dean and a councellor about a weekend fling with a (now-) professor. Lol.
- Oh. … Oooh. Official inquiry plus the elephant of non-consensual in the room. Gloomy!
- There is that fiery Hofferson temper. It’s back. Though if you basically insult Hayden and imply he raped her it’s no wonder.
- Damn, so that’s through.
- Not the first interrogation. Ok, I had gotten that. ‘Nor was it the worst or most uncomfortable one either.’ Ok, interesting.
- ‘Unlike last time, Hayden felt no blame in his heart nor guilt in his gut.’ Now that is intriguing!
- At least they can find comfort in each other.
- True, Astrid better do her best not to encourage everyone else even more to come onto Hayden.
- Aha, so the rape is not part of the criminal history Hayden apparently has. Good to know, but opening more questions that answering.
- Well, rape doesn’t look too good on your resume, or so I’m told.
- ‘before you could say “Oi“.’ Lol. I had a good laugh at that.
- And the chaos comes!
- Hehe, the Wing Maidens… so much for the ‘backup’ of the ‘PR guy’ Lol.
- Mr. Winger, probably a relative to Toby and Atali, is a big bug in the racing industry, file that away for later.
- Well then let’s see how much help the PR guy really is.

I really should have studied, BUT I REGRET NOTHING!

PS: Lucifer Season 5b came out recently, now would be a good time to start it if you haven't already.
CajunBear73 chapter 25 . 6/6/2021
A brief reprieve for Hayden, Scott and others as the fallout from the raucous events previously seem to settle down again.

Limits of behavior and offerings of help go along with a hidden life that someone like the Person-Owned-by-Chicken could dig up...and put Hayden on notice that he'd better breach this with Astrid, for very good reasons.

Life at school may be calming down, but I'm sure those who want to torpedo Hayden's life aren't through with him just yet.