Reviews for The Destined
Total Romance Fan chapter 38 . 3/9/2014
:( I absolutely hate wars for this reason exactly!its all so sad! May they rest in peace, I feel bad for Zelda, some of her fellow thieves -The ones she tried so hard to protect- lay died before her! :'(
J-mo 817 chapter 27 . 2/18/2014
Great Story! I really like it so far!

Here are some things I noticed:
1. Both Link AND Zelda have the Triforce, but Link never uses it.

NEVER uses the Hylian Shield in this. (Why?)

3. Zelda keeps saying WE are going to defeat Ganondorf when LINK is the one to defeat him.

But still great story overall!
(I don't know why I'm reviewing. This story was made like 10 YEARS ago.)
Guest chapter 40 . 1/2/2014
Looooooool so glad I skilled to the end. Basically Zelda used Link to save her land then fucks him up once it's over with a very lame excuse and no proper closure.

Sweet Din, that was one abrupt endin-
Bye.
Guest chapter 28 . 1/2/2014
Got bored already gonna skip to the end.

-Rushed romance plot
-Plot moves fast using very con isn't ex Deus machimas
-Little character development

Pity cuz it had tons of potential and your prose is good
pyropus chapter 40 . 9/19/2013
That ending... Im not saying it's bad. I see where you're comming from. But it was way to short, unsatisfying. It felt like zelda just brushed link off. Like a really fancy pen. You love it when there's ink, but throw it away after you used it up... Or a even better analogy then that
pyropus chapter 29 . 9/19/2013
I havent finished yet, but i must say, this is very well done, and i have had only had one problem... Well it's more like me being nitpicky. But during the flashbacks, now and then i will read a few paragraphs before i actually realise that it is a flashback. So it'll be nice to have like a little subtitle or something. But of like i said, real nitpicky. Maybe it's just me that sucks :/
justdoodlingaround chapter 40 . 4/5/2013
I'm speechless. This was truly fantastic. I read this in two days. You are a true talent. I'm so glad I discovered this and I'm sad that you are no longer publishing on this site.

Again, this was wonderful. You should be proud of this story.
JohnTitor chapter 40 . 10/13/2011
I personally believe that a piece of work, whether book, movie, anime, manga, or even fanfiction, is only as good as its ending.

With that in mind, I didn't like yours.

I'm sure that your reasoning for it is sound, and that realistically, it probably wouldn't have worked out. That a queen has to put everything on the line for her kingdom, etc etc etc.

In my opinion, that is all probably right. Except for the fact that this is fanfiction, and that it doesn't have to be realistic. That the beauty of fanfiction is that all the things that never happen, can happen. The things that seemed unrealistic, can be realistic.

Other than that, this was still a good read. I loved how Zelda was developed from a lowly thief to a Queen. How Link a mercenary, became a "knight." Your OCs were all pretty great; however, I felt that you had to many, and sometimes it was hard to keep track of them. I never liked Ronin because I felt like he was just there, he didn't really have a purpose, and if you took him out there wasn't much of a change. Zelda could have used Epona when travelling back in time, or maybe even the warp spells, but in the end that's just my opinion.

I really liked how you conveyed death, it wasn't all "OMG GRIMDERP FANFIC ALERT!" but it wasn't just people dying and it having no effect on people. Not sure how to put it, but it was definitely well done. Great job.

Overall I liked the fic, if only the ending could have been better.
JohnTitor chapter 19 . 10/11/2011
I'm sure that was supposed to be more meaningful, yet I can't help but smile at the fact that they had sex in the Sacred Realm.
Kinetically Charmed chapter 34 . 9/8/2011
Okay, so I'm not even sure if you read your reviews anymore, but I had to let you know how impressed I am with this story. I've been reading it for the past few days and it's really very well written. Aside from the whole "Zelda is Zelda's mother and Link is her father" weirdness (which I got over quickly) it's top notch. And just as I was thinking, "Hmmm, she never mentioned poor little Malon."

BANG.

You pull out the big guns. Okay, I guess they're not really big guns, but you know what I mean. I'm really enjoying this story, and I can't wait to see how it ends.

I hope it's happy.

I'll understand if it's not.

And I'm sad to see that you're no longer writing on FF. Anyway, two thumbs up from me. :)

-KC
somepersonyoudontknow chapter 40 . 2/20/2010
Actually, it could have worked. several ways, the one im thinking of is a regent. another is something that says all the kingdom didnt care about that rule yadda yadda yadda and happily ever after. it was a great story though, ty for putting it up
Irelandgal131 chapter 40 . 12/3/2008
aww what a good story! I loved the plot and the characters. They really seemed to develop over time. *sigh* it's heartbreaking how Link and Zelda can never be together and it leaves a bittersweet ending. Great story!
Paosheep chapter 40 . 9/5/2008
I recently read your story, and thoroughly enjoyed doing so.

I just thought you should know. :)
BraveEagle chapter 40 . 6/24/2008
hm...this story was published 4 years ago... I'm a bit embarassed but here i come.

Your work is perfect! Is like that you've made a cooperation with J.K Howling herself. This story is full with original ideas; very rare was for me to find just one 'cliche' thing in it, and the events and character development went so well that i don't know how to describe... maybe Nayru blessed you with inspiration? *sweatdrops*

10 of 10! A for you!
saryyy chapter 40 . 1/7/2008
Wow, I was hooked on this fic. It was a great read. I know that in this fic making the Link/Zelda thing work happily in the end is kind of improbable, but the ending still felt incomplete. For me, it's what brings the rating of this fic from a 10/10 to a 9/10. I guess that's my only complaint. But it was really enjoyable. Loved it!