Reviews for Rubicon
spes-australis chapter 1 . 7/29
Hey there! I'm not familiar with the show, so I might have misunderstood things now and then (I apologize in advance for that!). From a merely stylistic point of view, I like how you've characterized Frank - dialogue, personality and all. From a personal point of view, I hate him. Child prostitution is one of the most awful things ever and I feel so sorry for Dean. He sounds like a good boy who'd do whatever it takes for his little brother. Sammy is just adorable, innocent, pure. The last scene broke my heart - they're just kids in a too cruel and wrong world. Thanks for the reading, it was as positively intriguing as starting a new book in medias res. I hope you're doing well over there, please stay safe!
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 7/27
Interesting, well-written. Like the relationship between brothers. Relieved the bodies they are salting and burying appear to be ghosts(?). Definitely living a grittier level of life (or hell).

I'm now following you and didn't realize this wasn't TM at first. My good. Something new and interesting.
Iowa Kat chapter 1 . 7/27
Okay, you made tears come to my eyes with this one. This was an insightful look at Dean. The show has hinted at some of the things Dean did to raise Sam, the most ambiguous being "hustling". It could easily explain his serial sexcapades, like his eating a reaction to going hungry so Sam could eat. Thank you.