Reviews for Awakening: Second Stage
heartsinlove51 chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
good one
Didjargo chapter 17 . 6/3/2005
I must say that I am very impressed by the way that you explored the beginnings of the emotional struggles in the characters lives as they plunged into the mental and physical train wreck that is teenager hood. Not entirely parading it around, but serving as a premonition of how complicated their lives will become. Especially with Lor, I’ve found her bathroom scene to be very revealing (don’t look at me like that, I didn’t mean in a physical way). It was a shock, yet at the same time not at all unbelievable, to find out that Lor’s competitive nature is mostly a mask she wears so that no one thinks of her as weak. And now I’ve come to except it as part of her character, even when I look back at old TV episodes. I must say thou, that during Tino and Tish’s scenes, I’ve found it hard to cope with the vision that the characters are only a year older than when the series ended. Their dialog made me envision them to be at least a few years older. Especially when they were on the swing sets recounting their lost youth. And the conversations did sound preachy and pre-meditated to me. But then again, coupling Tish’s worldly intellect with Miss Tonitini’s sage-like wisdom, I suppose it doesn’t really seem that far out of character.
The RoboNerd chapter 17 . 12/23/2004
The dialogue is wonderful and not out of character. Good job.
BeeKay chapter 17 . 4/6/2004
Hey, it's me again! I've just finished reading Second Stage. It's really a cute story, I think. I especially liked the last chapter (15), with the 4 meeting again after Tish's & Tino's anniversary. Of course, I'm more into the scenes with Lor, and they're so cool! I read your comments at the end of each chapter, it seems like quite a lot of Tino/Lor fans are mad at you. I don't quite understand that. I mean, it's an interesting story, and I say that as a Lor/Tino fan! ;)
But now about these trailers for Third Stage: Dude, they're AWESOME! I read them and it was like seeing them on TV. I thought the first one was great already, but man, then I read the second trailer, and it was even better! That's so cool - you can definitely count on me reading Third Stage! ;) (As I wanna know what happens to Lor!)
BeeKay chapter 10 . 4/5/2004
Remember me? I read & reviewed The First Stage some hours ago. Now, chapter 10 of The Second Stage was the last one I've read so far, and as it's quite late over here, I'm gonna stop reading for now. But I wanted to leave a comment on this story already: I find it MUCH better than The First Stage, though, as already mentioned, I don't really like the thought of a Tino/Tish relationship. I like this story, though. I like the scenes with Tino & Tish, the scenes with Ms. Tonitini & Dixon, and especially, I love the scenes with Lor (& Carver). Lor's my favorite character, that's the reason why. And I'm curious to find out what's going to happen to her. I'm gonna review again as soon as I've read through The Second Stage, I promise.
GoodGurl chapter 17 . 3/10/2004
AH U cant wait to read the third stage! I want Tish/Tino!
GoodGurl chapter 16 . 3/10/2004
EK! its getting A LOT more dramatic! Then again THEY ARE in high school...I had a feeling that Lor would be crushing on Tino after Carver said those few lines about her...Hm...NO! I WANT A TISH/TINO! *sniff*
GoodGurl chapter 14 . 3/10/2004
This is god! People who think you're 'evil'...theyre just jealous because you can write well! The voice of writing here is indeed great! you really kept them in character!
GoodGurl chapter 9 . 3/10/2004
GAH so sweet!
GoodGurl chapter 8 . 3/10/2004
GOSH! I luv Tino in this fic! He seems so sweet! HEE HEE! *blushes* WEll he was always sweet in my book anyway! I always thought Tish would make the first move too since she seems demanding! LOL HEE HEE!
GoodGurl chapter 7 . 3/10/2004
O so whats the deal with Lor? Does she like Tino or just...just mad the fact that her two best friends are not hanging out with her and Carver? Hm...I'll find out soon wont i? HAH HAH! ;)
GoodGurl chapter 1 . 3/9/2004
WOOH! I am SOO glad they told them! But I wonder what Lors reaction meant...hm...
Jesscheaux chapter 17 . 1/1/2004
*announcer voice* The New York Times calls it "A teenage 'Friends'"
The Chicago Tribune hails the acting skills of the cast "Lor's angst is magnficiently portrayed..."
Jesscheaux and Kuwabara give it two thumbs WAY WAY UP! _
LOL, it only sounds appropriate after 'watching' a trailer! It was great, I love how it flows so well! NOW PLAYING! YES! Awesome! And I LOVED how you said the characters names and then gave them lines! GREAT JOB! I think this one was better than the first. You really ought to write movie trailers! Ja matte ne!
Marco9 chapter 17 . 1/1/2004
I kinda expected something like that yet, it still amazed me. This is so masterfully writen, it makes me even more impatient for the next chapter.
Aaweth chapter 16 . 11/24/2003
Sigh... is it Thanksgiving yet? I can't wait for the next part... and I'm putting in my preemptive 'let him choose Tish' vote right here.