Reviews for Window Pane
theartistocat chapter 1 . 9/9/2014
I READ THIS BOOK
i loved it so much. Sara was always a true princess, whether she was giving everybody dolls or being forced to work in the cellar.
honestly, when she was all "you know exactly why I won't go back with you" and the head's sister starting crying because their reputation was ruined, I was all YAS SARA SLAYYYYY
Well, not in those exact words, but yes, it was beautiful.
this is also awesome (っwς) keep writing! love the artemis fowl fics and golden compass fics too.
RionaEire chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
I like it, examining emotion and feelings. I always did wonder why Ram Dass came to England with Mr. Carisford anyhow. Unless Ram Dass particularly liked being Mr. Carisford's bearer there is no reason to come all the way to England, unless the pay is amazing, but even then that's a pretty big risk. Ram Dass must have been bearer to Mr. Carisford for a long time and gotten attached to him, this story doesn't show us that idea though and the source text doesn't give us clarity. As a British Raj expert (shhhh don't tell anyone, :)) I can assure you that Ram Dass is under no compulsion to travel with the Sahib to England as part of the job of bearer. Most Brits going to England did not take folks with them, for the very reasons Ram Dass feels depressed in this story, who wants to go somewhere cold, dreary and unfamiliar unless one is either being paid through the nose or one is very attached to the person who is going. Most bearers/servants simply found a new position when their employer left India. Carisford is really lucky to have someone is devoted as Ram Dass, such loyalty is hard to find in any sphere of life. Did I mention that I'm totally in love with Ram Dass? Oh well that's neither here nor there.
Riona
Wai-Jing chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Quite nice. Your writing is in character and has a similar tone to the original book. I particularly like how you portrayed Ram Dass - a great character, you gave him a realistic, yet admirable combination of regret at having left his home and unwavering dedication to his Sahib. Very well handled.
CersiFinallyGotWhatSheDeserved chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
A great story. Very good.
GrandDuchessSasha chapter 1 . 1/9/2007
Brilliant. Ram Dass was my favorite character. I love it!
Trancos chapter 1 . 12/29/2004
I really like the way you wrote that. You have a very clean style, that tells the story on it's own, almost effortlessly. I like the premise of this fic. I think that Ram Dass is a very interesting character, and the connection he and Sara share, India,leaves room to be should comtinue this fic.

~Trancos
Shapeshifting Author chapter 1 . 12/10/2003
Thank you for writing something on Ram Dass. I wondered what his story was, and you handled it well. You captured his longings eloquently, and Sara's too. I can't believe no one before me has reviewed, this is so good. I wish you would write more, but with the lack of feedback you've been getting, I can't imagine you would.