Reviews for Bronze Tacks
lurkingwhump chapter 8 . 6/5
Oh, I love this epilogue more with every read. The realism of it, that Kurt has been home for a week and he’s still very injured and in pain. I like how his inner frustration battles with the limits of his weakened body. And Jane’s care and patience, she’s so gentle and patient with him. But I love how you flip the situation, with Kurt finding her crying alone. With her needing his comfort, but so afraid of hurting him. Great finish to a great fic.
Blindspot-overwatch chapter 8 . 5/17
love this epilogue, will there be anymore or is this it. enjoyed this fic.
brbl56 chapter 8 . 5/17
What an epilogue! No wonder, both of them are traumatized after all they've been through. You describe their trauma and struggles so vivid. It's heartbreaking! And despite all the pain and nightmares Jane and Kurt are there for each other, soothe each other, need each other. Above all it's a big step for Kurt to open up to his wife, confess how he really feels. I will miss this story. Thank you for creating it.
brbl56 chapter 7 . 12/27/2020
Thank you so much for expanding your one shot into this 7 chapter fic. I was very delighted every time a new chapter popped up. Even if it's too violent for some people I liked it very much. Especially because Kurt's nearly "undestroyable" in canon.
I was really worried after your cliffhanger at the last chapter but it has turned out for the better. Now both can take care of each other even if they still have a long way to go. I'm curious about the epilogue.
lurkingwhump chapter 7 . 12/23/2020
Oh, Rich is sweet but funny, trying to reassure Jane Kurt will be back soon. But damn, her guilt breaks my heart. Loved it how you describe the struggle between her wanting to be with Kurt, and trying to use the hallucinations to find the bomb. Trying to soothe Kurt while arguing with her vision...poor Jane. And poor Kurt! Damn, he’s going to be in excruciating pain after that surgery. He needs some of the good stuff. Definitely need an epilogue for this.
brbl56 chapter 6 . 11/25/2020
Wow! This chapter was well worth the wait. It was so compelling. And you almost gave me a heart attack at the end. These two are so connected. Not to imagine if one of them looses the other one.
Thank you so much for continuing.
lurkingwhump chapter 6 . 11/24/2020
Oh no! Kurt! Now I’m scared. Please let the antidote work because they need each other so bad right now! But damn, Kurt’s fear and desperation was so palpable. And Jane holding and soothing him nearly had me in tears. To see him that scared that it takes even Jane a long time to calm him, it’s heartbreaking. And now...ugh, she’s going to feel so guilty.
brbl56 chapter 5 . 10/26/2020
OMG how suspenseful is this! You nearly gave me a heart attack when Jane came into contact with the ZIP. They both go to the end of their ropes to see or rescue each other. What a couple!
I love this fanfic.
lurkingwhump chapter 5 . 10/26/2020
Oh, my heart is in shreds again. You had me practically begging there, as Jane got exposed. And that message...*sob*. Ugh,please, please have them reunite soon! Even with Allie reassuring him that Jane is fine, he must be somewhat distressed until he sees Jane again. I know I would be.
brbl56 chapter 4 . 10/3/2020
That's an excellent (and unexpected) chapter! And right what I was looking for. Thank you.
Thank god Jane prevented Kurt from getting restrained. That would've been absolute horror for him.
I love the scenes where both are able to comfort and calm the other half. Especially that Kurt in his weak condition manages to surpass himself just to talk to Jane and soothe her and convince her to rest.
lurkingwhump chapter 4 . 10/2/2020
Oh poor Jane, her guilt is so heartbreaking. She desperately needs Kurt to convince her this wasn’t her fault, once he’s better. Convince her that she *saved* him. Otherwise the guilt will eat her alive. Please? I’m glad Jane was there so that they didn’t restrain him. After everything Ivy did to him, the restraints would’ve terrified him, sedated or not.

Love it how you portray how they’re able to read each other. How Jane’s presence permeates the pained fog he is in, and how her voice and touch calm him. Love it to bits. I can definitely see that Kurt would see past her facade. And him pleading with her to rest...you know she can’t say no, especially when he’s so injured. Oh my heart! Loved this
Guest chapter 1 . 9/11/2020
Poor Kurt. He’s going to be on some heavy pain meds. Chest injuries are slow and painful to recover from, and he had internal bleed too.:’( . At least he has Jane to take care of him.
lurkingwhump chapter 3 . 9/3/2020
Adsfadsf. This chapter is perfect! Hits all the right buttons. You have a knack for getting in the characters’ heads, theit thoughts. Jane’s guilt is heartbreaking, and the only person who can truly comfort her can’t be there. It hurts. But I love how understanding the team and Allie are, gradually getting through to her and reassuring her. And, lol, the doctor’s comment about Jane. Very true.

And what about Kurt then? Awww, the confusion and fear are so real that you can feel it. And then, Jane’s voice tenderly soothing him and comforting him. I love it how she’s able to calm him with her voice and touch. The kiss was the final touch that made my heart explode.
brbl56 chapter 2 . 8/23/2020
I agree totally with lurkingwhump. Kurt should be treated in a hospital. So thank you for continuing this story.
Stubborn Weller would finish his mission even if he carried his head under his arm. And so would Jane. Therefore her reaction is obvious.
In the car you can feel Janes inner battle and fear as Kurts condition deteriorates. And the last sentence is so hearbreaking. Poor Jane. Of course poor Kurt, too. He's suffering so much.
lurkingwhump chapter 2 . 8/20/2020
Oh, this was good. Exactly what I needed today. I can only imagine how terrifying it must be to notice you can’t breathe. You could feel the distress and agony Kurt was in in the SUV. The thought of Jane having to do CPR scared the hell out of me, considering Kurt’s condition. Thankfully it didn’t happen, I’m afraid it would’ve killed him. But my god I loved that last bit, of Jane talking to him softly and calming him down. Love, love, love small moments like that.