Reviews for Sacrifice Par Amarth
This story was intense. Wow. Really well written and interesting. Thank you for writing this, it was fun to read.
Guest chapter 3 . 9/20/2013
Oh oh. Bad news. :(
Guest chapter 2 . 9/20/2013
Willow, you did not just say that word.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
Interesting start. :-)
Bugsquirt chapter 16 . 5/24/2012
You should categorize this story with "angst" first, then "drama."

After this chapter, and the large amount of Plot Induced Stupidity throughout this third story, I think this will be the last one I'll read. The PIS felt like it was inserted so that you could prove how "evil," judging by your author notes, you could be to your characters. It really did a disservice to them, which was disappointing. I'll also emphasize that you break many thematic elements of the universes you are writing in. But, I suppose, that's the liberty one can take with fan fiction.

But I'm keeping in mind that this was written near 10 years ago. I noticed that you are writing Equinoxium 2, and that you recently updated it. I remember enjoying the first one. I'll have to check out this one now that you appear to be actively adding to it again.

I'm willing to bet that you write (or will write as you update) Buffy into another torture session again.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 22 . 8/2/2011
good
Nemo chapter 22 . 6/23/2011
Great story! All three of them were very good. I would write a more specific review but writing isn’t my thing.
Raj8 chapter 20 . 4/3/2011
This was a great story I loved it.
Joe Lawyer chapter 13 . 3/17/2011
Don't be upset, lol, but perhaps Harry and Buffy should be wearing their portkey, like a locket or something. Just an idea...no big deal.
Joe Lawyer chapter 12 . 3/17/2011
I'm trying to recall if at any point thus far, it's been explained why the key should be denied to the hell gods...beyond the idea that we should probably deny them anything they want as it wouldn't be good for us. I'm not sure if there was a concrete reason stated that Buffy is aware of.

Plus why has the glowing ball not made an appearance? Lol, the slayer team seems to have dropped the ball on making use of that particularly useful device.
Joe Lawyer chapter 10 . 3/17/2011
I love the way the relationship between Harry and Buffy is written so far. It's curious how we haven't seen any "I love yous" so far between the two. Perhaps that would make it a bit too real, lol.

No offense intended, whatsoever, but I'm curious why Harry has not seemed to use a wand in any of his fights this story, at least as far as I can tell. Originally his wandless usage was merely to get around the brother wand effect with Voldemort. Did the final battle damage his ability to do magic with a wand? Because I would imagine that magic with a wand would be less power intensive, faster, and require less concentration.

I also wonder if he did any research in offensive magic geared towards vampires and other dark creatures. As the wizarding world has known of and probably fought these creatures for thousands of years, I would imagine they've developed some pretty deadly magic specifically designed for fighting those creatures. Also, what about protective amulets, or other magical artifacts that might negate a vampire's speed or strength or provide shielding to protect from bites, etc? Again, wizards would likely have come up with a solution to negating a vampire's powers and abilities. On that matter, couldn't he just conjure some sunlight? Lol, it might make the fighting a bit anti-climactic, but probably pretty effective.
nightshadowlife chapter 22 . 1/13/2009
I really loved this trilogy! This story was amazing. I dont think I have read a story that had so many high and low points. Absolutly hooked! Your an amazing writer and I can't wait to see more of your work!
s-david-m chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
Very good trilogy. My only honest crticisms are that I prefer ensemble pieces more than the solo ones. Also, the highly compressed timeframe makes the story slightly unbelievable (besides vampires and hell gods I mean ;-). I don't care how strong Buffy is, or how endearing Harry is, no one goes what she went through over 10 or 12 months and comes out sane. A slightly longer time frame would work though.

There were also a few parts which I found a bit awkward, where my eyes just started skimming the text because it was another paragraph either just rehashing some emotional topic, or it was some lengthy internal character interlude which broke up the natural flow of character dialog. Such interludes sometimes forced me to to back up and reread the last dialog snippet to get my place, which the reader should never have to do. A more liberal application of "show, don't tell" would clear this up and would make the writing tighter IMO.

Don't get me wrong, your writing is worlds beyond the typical fanfic, which is why I'm even bothering to provide such lengthy, honest critcism. I've enjoyed all of your stories so far, so thanks! :-)
KingZilla chapter 22 . 12/7/2007
I LOVED this story and the one before it. I haven't actually read the 1st one of the trilogy yet since I didn't know about it (I was in the mood for a Harry/Buffy fic and googled it) but I do plan on reading it now to see what I missed. This was an excellent stroy with an extremely great, and well thought out plan. Hope you keep up the great work in all of your stories.

KZ
avidgokufan chapter 22 . 2/27/2007
You said something ripped as Buffy took the key energy back into her. What are the consequences of that? YOu really should write a part 4! I love all of the three first parts. They were incredible. I liked this version better than Season 5, though Season 5 did have its moments. I'm glad you didn't let Buffy die. I'm glad there was no Dawn. All in all, I'm very happy at the moment, so continue writing. Hooray! Please write another sequel! Maybe with the First?