Reviews for Faded Memories
Guest chapter 6 . 5/1/2021
"A lot of you guys already know that I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, I have told a hefty majority of you guys in private. Basically what that means for me specifically is that I have long periods of hallucinations and delusions where I am made to think things that are not true. I have been struggling with this since late last year, and really it's only gotten worse sense."

"I have a person who follows me around named Connor. I know for a fact I have told several people about him before, specifically Anna Zotta and Derf. He used to just follow me around and ridicule me but recently he has gotten much more threatening and he forces me to do things that I do not want to do."

"Another big symptom I have been having is more on the delusion side than the hallucination side. I have very vivid dreams that eventually turn themselves into false memories where I think things have happened to me when they really haven't. Talk to any of my close friends (Alex Nesler, Anna Zotta, 4%, Sp1nda, April Shaw, etc) and they will know that I am constantly out of my mind with crazy theories and stuff, and I thank them for not judging me and just telling me simply I'm being delusional."

"The past two weeks I have honestly been scared for my life. I was told that I was the target of a government experiment on the viability of the Esports industry and using influential people to control masses of the population. Connor told me I had poison in my blood that they could activate to kill me at any time to make me die."

"They needed me to become a very important and followed member of the community so that I could control people for them. I know I'm an asshole for throwing you guys under the bus like that but I was honestly scared for my life. I needed to get enough fans so that I could make them vote how I said or go to certain events that I wanted them to go to or whatever."

"So the only way I could think of to get a lot of fans was to capitalize on my knowledge of the inner workings of melee and my ability to hack the game. With the intent of making a name for myself as a low tier hero so I wouldn't be killed, I made a hack that would make Pichu's hitboxes bigger and stronger if you held the stick in the bottom left corner of your controller and held the L button while you started a match as Goggle Pichu. "

"I tried to tell quite a few people I was cheating, but every person I told thought I was being delusional and that I had actually deserved the wins. People I told include April Shaw, 4%, Derf, cWeb, and Walt. They all wrote it off as me being delusional, but I couldn't prove it to them without the government figuring out I was warning people of their plans to control them, so I didn't dig into it deeper."

"I know this doesn't excuse my actions, I just had a lengthy phone call with my doctor and I have an appointment lined up for Tuesday at noon. I should have told more people even though I thought it would kill me to do so, I should have recognized I was being delusional. "

"I am making plans to apologize individually to each and every person I beat with the hacked character and to pay 1st place payouts to every person who's bracket I ended with my hacked character. I don't expect forgiveness for this, but I felt I needed to explain my thought process. I have been banned from most of the NEOH/PGH events until I have turned 18 and have made reparations."
Guest chapter 5 . 4/21/2021
1 chapter 1 . Nov 14, 2020
Why did you delete your older stories? They were low-key iconic and it's amazing to see how much you've improved. I wish they were still up.
report review for abuseCelticGames4 chapter 6 . Oct 11, 2020
Dude I completely understand. Our school's starting to talk about letting kids back in and I'm so not ready for that to happen, I can't imagine how stressful it is to have those little snot-buggers in person. It really feels like a lose-lose.
but we do love to see young love and I like how these intros allow to see all of the tributes and their relationships with each other before we get into the Games. That's a unique touch that I appreciate about this story!
Sorry for being late on this - life's wild - but I don't intend to go anywhere and I definitely intend to be reading and reviewing still, even if it's a little delayed.
report review for abuseBradiLain chapter 6 . Oct 1, 2020
absolutely love the name everest, first off. it's so good. so she is immediately set on a pedestal for me that i desperately hope she can fulfill. and y'know what? i think that she did. I like her a lot. i don't know, like, a hell of a lot about her, but she truly seems to be the life of the party, doesn't she? she's interesting. definitely my favorite so far.

i do love young love, lmao awkward little kisses and blushing and never being able to say how you feel. they're cute, little lorelei and kalman. i feel like i'm glad that i was introduced to lorelei this way, bc otherwise her headstrong nature would've absolutely rubbed me the wrong way. they're a cute little pair.

Like: Everest
Neutral: Kalman
report review for abuseFlawlessCatastrophe chapter 6 . Sep 26, 2020
eve: haha oh shit underage drinking?! i do not condone such scandalous behavior! just kidding. eve seems like a sweet gal; she reads as an everyone's girl, unlike josephine who doesn't let anyone get too close. interesting that she has a crush on someone, i'm assuming it's... dash? i think it's actually neat that she's so daring and reckless, that's really fun for her and coincides very well with the quote that she was given on the blog. "she loved being outside her comfort zone." honestly, right now i'm just thinking about how that bodes for her during the games. how's being stuck in an arena forced to fend for yourself against 23 kids who want to slaughter you for outside your comfort zone, eh? ...oh we're not supposed to think about that yet? oh, okay. sis really went for that kiss at the end, um i have nothing to say but YOLO am i right girl. secure those lips! she went hammy, good for her!

kalman: oh god more straight people? just kidding. kalman really took the time to listen to lorelei, he really just let her confide in him and that's just really sweet of him. damn these two are just sweet all around huh. it was fun to see that side of insecure, doubtful side of lorelei but i have no doubt that shes still a massive bitch. not gonna lie i felt like we had more characterization of lorelei than kalman but i have no doubt that kalman will be explored with just as much depth in another pov. :) he do be out here reinforcing the fact that he is wholesome! i expected nothing less from his blog impression and i am happy with the result!

neutral: josephine, eve, kalman

this was a nice chapter! don't worry about the infrequent uploads bro, life kicks us all up the bootyhole. it's just good to see that you're still holding up all right, especially w how high-risk your job is? :(( it can't be easy. will be eagerly awaiting the next chapter, whenever it comes out! :D
report review for abuseFlawlessCatastrophe chapter 5 . Sep 26, 2020
all right reviewing time. i'll be formatting it by first talking about the tributes introed in this chapter and then going on to the blog review because i haven't done that yet! it's been a long time coming, sorry it took embarrassingly long for me to pump this shit out but here i am now. hope you will be entertained

josephine: oh worm, she does dance? that's kinda quirky! out of all the talents she could've chosen to define, it was dance. that's honestly pretty cool i won't lie; can't help but wonder if it had anything to do with her past life? seems to me that she's a pretty standoffish tribute that doesn't lower down her guard, not even for the siblings she's been interacting with all her life, because she can't trust that they'll have her back in the arena. very smart of her to be cautious, i gotta be honest. i'm curious about this eve character, though; what's different about her that makes josephine /kinda/ consider her a friend? i guess we'll find out! oh and it looks like josie here beat the fuck out of the producer for "having a camera in her face". look that's the most insignificant reason to beat someone up for but at the same time i'll never dissuade girls from kicking ass with little provocation. speak your truth sis!

gus: oh man right off the bat i like gus A LOT. he is simply... a goofy boy. a goofy goober, if you will. he's so overdramatic and for WHAT? i wonder how often he pulls the same pain prank and how tired his friends are of that shit LMAOO. i have to laugh. he seems like such a bastard but in the endearing way, you know? i especially love how close he is to the other boys, and how he is just the slightest twinge jealous of hiro for being good at everything. it gives a lot of depth into his character. man i'm gonna end up relating to this dude hard i think. the banter in this pov was especially fun, they talk just like how silly teenagers talk and i would know because i am one. well technically he's a preteen in this pov but the point still stands. i think he will be lots of fun to get to know :'))

neutral: josephine
dislike:

oh i just wanted to say that these flashbacks are actually really fun. i like how it's not chronological, it shows that the moments you're showcasing are like actually pivotal and relevant to their characters. that's always nice to see caleb. this is fun so far i won't lie!

okay now blog review time! technicallyyyy i've seen the blog before on multiple occasions but i haven't gotten around to actually sitting down and actually writing out my thoughts on these kids. so just pretend that these are my first impressions ok :))

mckenna #1: josephine's faceclaim is immaculate. wow she is simply... so gorgeous. i like her quote, it really shows that she's a bad bitch that won't take shit. im predictable but im simply loving that energy. i just realized that there are no s/ws so this blog review will run shorter than my other ones but that's okay i'll overcompensate then. i'm kind of surprised that her og placement was 13th because she seems like a real contender. as for gus, we have yet another booboo stewart faceclaim but honestly idgaf man is handsome...! i really LOVE his quote it shows that he FOR REAL for real is just a good dude at heart who really cares for his friends :')) omg stop i am getting a little sad. i don't want him to die already.

mckenna #2: eve is qUiRkY huh! her quote is making me nervous LMAOOO she gives me rat bastard vibes like girl what exactly do you mean when you say you'll do ANYTHING for $20? this bitch would probably pants someone for that sum of money i'd bet. she just got that devilish look in her eye. LMAOOO I RECOGNIZE KALMAN'S FACECLAIM this is a little embarassing, the same exact picture was used for one of the tributes in d&d :skull: ok anyway judging by his quote he seems like yet another nice dude, really uplifting and wholesome. homie material right there, no wonder he and gus get along.

mckenna #3: ummm mariska o_o ma'am i... i simply have a crush on you maybe... her faceclaim is so pretty and her quote is that? i kindly request that you step on me ah Ha Ha... i do gotta say though i know her theme song and uhhh the vibes are simply not translating for me. but whatever. hiro lookin mad fine too, shiiiit! YET ANOTHER WHOLESOME QUOTE! what's up with these mckenna boys being literal saints? boutta make a bitch act up...! i cannot wait to meet him he looks dapper as fuck

hazel #1: ally omg ma'am you are SO GORGEOUS WWHAHAHAHHHFBF i'm short-circuiting right now. she's so damn pretty holy shit. i'm not too crazy on her quote it sounds pseudo-philosophical but like i'm not gonna have heavy bias against her for that. gotta wait until her intros before i make real opinions first! dash, logan lerman faceclaim and a quote like THAT... bet the man thinks he's hot shit! already i'm getting the sleazy pretentious hoe vibes but perhaps it's just not translating well through first impression. i'll be keeping my eye out for this dude.

hazel #2: she's very pretty and i like her quote! very circusey! honestly i can't say much further than that, i already know some stuff about her from what will and linds told me but like it would be illegal if i factored those opinions into my blog review. sucks that she placed 6th, girl was kinda close. as for pio i'm fucking cringing at the quote i chose for him holy shit i wish it actually had personality but what can i do now :skull: wait actually if you're willing to change it i would like it to be updated as "Turn that smile upside down!... wait, no. I messed it up." courtesy of lindsay. if you are too lazy to change it that's actually so valid don't even worry about it.

hazel #3: altia ma'am you are So Gorgeous... hrnghh this blog review is literally just gonna be me simping over all the women in this story. sis has a really badass quote for someone who placed 19th...? um it simply isn't adding up LMAOOO. love how the other hazel #3 pick also placed 19th. coincidence or nahhh. raleigh looks like a whole ass BABY and his quote is so edgy for no reason AHHAHA i'm bout to strangle this bitch, the juxtaposition is just... i have to laugh.

katherine #1: ok carolina is giving me bad vibes right off the bat i highkey already want her to die. i simply do not like her. her quote is really common for a female tribute so that already makes me :/. and i don't like her name it's kind of lazy i won't lie. of course she placed 4th, wow! idk she just seems basic and borderline mary-sue. sorry to her submitter i aggressively am not vibing. brandon looks like a total asswipe and not even the love-to-hate kind. he looks like he's about to pull up his eyes and call me ling ling and other racial slurs...! katherine you uhhh your #1 picks were simply a no in my humble opinion

katherine #2: am i getting this right? katherine chooses exclusively bitches and asswipes? lorelei's fucking theme song is from HEATHERS she's already a total jvfvajavfvhj in my mind bro T_T i want to throttle this girl senseless and not even in the hhhrnghh way! next dude, poor guy f in chat for this 2nd placer. i don't even know what to make of his quote so i guess that's all i will say.

katherine #3: anetha again seems like an arrogant bitch from her quote but at least she's pretty LMAOO! not to say the other girls weren't but i think i prefer anetha out of katherine's female picks tbh. bold quote from an 18th placer, girl! PONCHE I ALREADY KNOW IM GONNA LOVE THIS KID, HIS FACECLAIM IS MAKING ME NOSTALGIC and his quote is just absolutely ridiculous?! i'm going bonkers bruh. AND HE PLACED 23RD... i think i would like it if he and pio allied uwu... haha jk... unless...? i just think they would be neat ;-;

shelby and princeton #1: hera you are so pretty omg... her quote is edgy but still pretty enticing i will not lie. she seems really fun and the fact that she placed 3rd has got me making googly eyes at her. ohh and for the male pick we got another 3rd placer... that's definitely peculiar. iridian's name is baller as fuck i really like it but his quote has got me doing mental gymnastics ummm maybe im lacking braincells but i simply Do Not Get It. i guess we'll see his personality in action at a later date!

shelby and princeton #2: omg... OMG! necessity is actually soo cute and for what! she seems like a very calculative and analytical tribute right off the back and i have to say i'm really liking her right off the bat :')) her name just slaps bro. and she placed #4, sis had to have major skills to pull off a feat like that. isaiah is very handsome; i honestly really really like his name as well. his quote gives me pseudo-philosophical vibes just like how ally's did from before but yet again i'm not gonna give him shit for it. we'll see!

shelby and princeton #3: alicia's quote has so much personality despite the fact that it's just four words! i think i'm gonna like her. she seems goofy like how the previous goofy boys have been. bruh girl alert! i would like to meet her soon uwu... and for seok umm not gonna lie i just don't like it in general when people use dolled up picks of kpop idols for tribute faceclaims but like i guess it's not that big a deal. the blue hair is certainly throwing me off though. his quote is actually really cool, i dig it! manz placed second so i'm thinking he'll be hot shit in the arena.

ok and that concludes my blog review! overall i'm interested into seeing how my opinions will evolve regarding these kids, once you intro them all. it is currently 12:22 am but ngl i don't think i'll be sleeping anytime soon so i'll be reviewing the next chapter in quick succession. :)) i hope these reviews brought you a smile in these trying times.
report review for . chapter 6 . Sep 24, 2020
Amazing chapter, I loved it :)
Everest: She's seems cool. She's brave by putting herself out there so she won't be a coward in the arena, that could either be a good or a bad thing depending on the situation. She's neutral for me, I don't like her nor do I dislike her
Kalman: Okay, but he's adorable. I love his quiet personality and the ending was so cute. Him and Lorelei contrast very well, how she's fierce and he's quiet - I like the ship so, so much! I feel like he'll be more hesitant in the arena than others, but I feel like he may last longer than the bloodbath, hopefully
Overall, a great chapter and I can't wait for the next :)
report review for abusePacecca chapter 6 . Sep 24, 2020
great chapter! and damnnnnn my boy dash gettin IN.
report review for abusechcolate chapter 6 . Sep 24, 2020
lorelei and kalman are too cute, i actually can't. and i love both of their names. and eve and dash. it only touched on it slightly and didn't really tell us how dash responded, but i think it'll be cute as well if anything happens between them, but it'll be interesting to see how long it lasts in the case where it does.

i love their secret parties every month because it really shows their personalities without their parents around. this chapter was great and really well written and i can't wait for the next one
report review for abusedavid12341 chapter 5 . Aug 30, 2020
Sorry for the late review, been trying to grind out my own intros for TTS, which is always exhausting lol.

Josephine: Like: Fantastic opening few paragraphs, I honestly love your writing style with 3rd person. While I liked her, and feel like she'll be a strong contender, I always like the flashier and more outgoing characters. Or almost always, anyways. Both her and Gus seemed like outcasts in their own ways among the group (not to say nobody else in the group liked them, just that they stood out), so I'm interested to see how Josephine in particular will end up acting once the Games start. She seems like someone who won't let anything stop her from winning.

Gus: Love: Ah I love him. His quote on the blog is amazing, his song is amazing, and his personality is most definitely amazing. He's gonna not make it very far in the arena, but I'm gonna enjoy every bit of him until then. His relationship with his 'brothers' and his fear of training are such compelling qualities, and I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops by the time he turns 18.

Overall, loved the writing this chapter. I've always liked your stories, but I'm definitely digging the switch to a 3rd person style. You just seem really comfortable writing this way. Everything flows so well and you have some really good imagery. I'm so excited to get to see a full story in this style, especially because this concept is really hooking me in. I'm loving the interactions between the siblings and the way that their life is structured. Pumped to meet the rest of the characters!

Chart time!

Top 8:
Top 12:
report review for abuseCelticGames4 chapter 5 . Aug 25, 2020
Alright, intros!
Slowly dying, so short review.
But I liked these tributes, didn't pick out Josephine from the crowd but now that I see her again I recognized her right away. She has a good shot at redemption here and her fiery personality really shows through here. Her cold personality is also going to show through for sure, but it will be to her advantage.
Gus is funny lol, but he's almost definitely doomed. It's good that Darcy and Synth are making him do the training at least, but I don't blame him for not wanting to, especially at the thought that soon he will be put up against the people he considers his brothers.
Keep up the good work!
report review for abuseBradiLain chapter 5 . Aug 24, 2020
I started off with Josephine thinking that I'd love her since she's a dancer and my dear Delaine was also a dancer, but big ooooooooof she went the opposite way I was expecting. she's such a hoe, but like not in a way that i'm vibing with. lke, if you're gonna pull a 'did i stutter?' maybe we don't follow it up with a 'i'm gonna call my mommy', you feel? She's kind of too full of spite with the only redeeming factor being that i really want to enjoy the dancer aspect of her character. i rate her six pirouttes out of ten.

gus hmmmmmmm not a fan. i feel like a tribute trying not to paint a target on his back isn't an entirely bad idea on its own, but paired with the melodramatic fake injuries just didnt work for me. His insecurity wasn't very entertaining for me either, i feel like you can't purposefully fail in front of everybody and be insecure at the same time. it makes it feel really insincere. but! we've still got many a few tributes to meet! i will rate gus 2 sweaty coaches out of 13.

report review for abuseBradiLain chapter 4 . Aug 24, 2020
The idea of these games causing a rift between Princeton and Shelby is genius. He has every right to be jealous of her having a child come home. these kids are practically adopted from birth - they're every bit as real as a child of their own blood. I think that their happy relationship needs something like this to keep it interesting, to keep it fresh.

I like that Katherine is going to be a trainer figure instead of a house leader. I think that keeps it a little bit more interesting than introducing just another house head. Love that.

you've got a really nice span of tributes it seems like ~ it's kind of hard to tell from just a blog, but i like a lot of the names and the faces and such. I'm excited to meet them!
report review for abuseAxe Smelling God chapter 5 . Aug 24, 2020
Josephine- this was nice to see that a tribute actually has something outside of the games that they do. Besides having these tributes having to loom over the games, she’s actually focusing on something outside of the games.

Gus- well I see that we have a big who has a heart of gold. This will be hard for him to push past but maybe he can be spared if his siblings understand or willing to protect him. He said in his quote he protects others so I’m glad to see what we will get from him.
report review for abuseAxe Smelling God chapter 4 . Aug 23, 2020
I love that we are able to keep up with the two of them and seeing why they are together and then looking to change some of these things up. This is surely going to be exciting and I can’t twist t
Guest chapter 4 . 4/21/2021
Darcy sounds like the kind of person to actually enjoy eating shit
Guest chapter 3 . 4/21/2021
The name Darcy makes me want to pull out my insides
Guest chapter 2 . 4/21/2021
Darcy makes me want to vomit
Guest chapter 1 . 4/21/2021

FlawlessCatastrophe chapter 5 . 9/26/2020

neutral: josephine
dislike:

I.Am.Your.Tribute chapter 6 . 9/24/2020
Amazing chapter, I loved it :)
Overall, a great chapter and I can't wait for the next :)
Pacecca chapter 6 . 9/24/2020
great chapter! and damnnnnn my boy dash gettin IN.
chcolate chapter 6 . 9/24/2020