Reviews for Fighting Nature
Eonn chapter 14 . 6/2
I'm not sure what makes me sadder, hearing that you are shelving this story or what happened to Sid. I've really enjoyed this up until this point, and have been looking forward to new chapters since I found this story early on. You really are a gifted writer, though I know you can't force yourself to keep writing something you've lost your passion for.

Sucks what happened to Sid. I really enjoyed him as a character, and Typhlosion is one of my favorites to boot. I wonder if he could have survived an injury like that, but I'm really just grasping at straws.

Both your story and Sid will be missed, but I hope you're successful in your future endeavors.
Flyg0n chapter 14 . 5/30
My heart is broken in pieces. I understand though, and wish you all the best in your endeavors.

I am very nearly would be in tears over what hapenned...

I want you to know I lvoed and appreciated every chapter anyway. :((
Damn that sucks that you aren’t feeling passion for the story anymore. No pressure to continue writing but I just wanted you to know that I enjoyed every chapter. Going to finish off what you have finished and daydream about the ending. Infinitely intrigued by all the characters and it was a fun ride while it lasted. Thanks for taking the time and sharing your narrative with us, even if you weren’t as passionate writing this one!
Demiurgic Pen chapter 12 . 3/6
Hurray Sid evolved!

*ahem* So, I'm a little confused by the opening section of the chapter. Not that it was difficult to follow or anything, it's just... I'm not sure whether that section is supposed to aid in making Shadow look imposing and clever, or if it's meant to undercut him a little. Because to be honest, when that section ended, I felt thoroughly unimpressed by him. He just came across as very small and petulant. Now, the next section with him in it, where he's scoping out the bar and doing various things to pass the requisite skill checks and such, that was all good. But that initial section left a much stronger impression of the character that is going to make it harder for me to feel all much of a threat from him going forward.

Anyway, what I'm hoping for is that Shadow comes back with a full squad of officers to raid this place, but they've already moved to the new spot, and he just winds up looking like an idiot. That'll really piss on his bonfire.
New here!

Just finished catching up to the most recent chapter. I’m a huge fan of PMD so I wasn’t super sure if the initial hook it interested me enough but, uh... here I am. I first I wasn’t super sure if there was gonna be much underlying plot but now it's really taking its stride. Questions on how or why fighting has become so dulled down but you know, having a dystopia is easy if no one knows hoe to fight back. Such a fun dynamic of seeing the mon’s learn more about themselves by fighting for their first time. Quilava learning Flame Wheel is super awesome. Been loving the fight choreography and the colorful characters. Very interesting Main character that you’ve decided to choose. Super unique considering its for SwSh but I’m all for it. I’m looking forward to seeing more chapters and thanks for writing.
Demiurgic Pen chapter 11 . 2/6
So, things are getting pretty tense and all, but the main thing I took away from this chapter is that Raskin and Lyco have been checking out each other's tails...

lol, jk. The main thing I took away from this chapter is actually that Raskin and Sid may have just screwed themselves. Of all the places to pick for a new Fight Den, a plant site has got to be one of the worst. There are probably several official documents pertaining to the city (planning, waste management, employment, financials, documents specifically about the discontinuation of the facility...) that are going to have that plant on them, so it's going to be pretty easy to figure out where the hypothetical large group of rebels is gathering in secret. I'm frankly surprised that Shadow hasn't already done some digging of possible spaces like this already. Whenever he does, it's also going to be bad that there are multiple entrances/exits. The police can easily set up a raid to flush the Fightdenians toward certain exits where ambushes are set up.

Or maybe I'm just "Worst Casing" it. I guess we'll have to see.
Colgebo chapter 11 . 2/6
I see that the next place for the fights is already being prepared. Nice to see it's going pretty quick.

What Lyco said confused me a little. Aren't the cops supposed to learn to fight? It may seem unfair, but I think it would make sense if they knew, so they easily control any fight between civilians. Or maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

Good chapter. Hoping to know more about this Shadow guy in the future.
Adamfics chapter 3 . 1/23
I had free time to do one more review for the night before hitting the hay, and so I'm reviewing the third chapter of this fic of yours.

Starting off this chapter, we finally got to see the highly anticipated fight that Raskin and Sid had been organizing for the past two chapters. I must say, this was a pretty solid chapter in many respects and there were a lot of places that had me smiling, especially the small moments where the characters threw banter at each other.

It comes as no surprise to me that a lot more people showed up to watch the fight than the two had anticipated. Considering how starved pokemon in this world are for some violent stimulus, a chance to watch something like this is simply too good for anyone to pass up even if it came at a lot of risk for them.

The fight itself was pretty good. I enjoyed reading through it, and I think you made a clever use of the pokemons abilities. Like Chaka aiming for Aster's leg with what I assume to be hyper fang and Aster retaliating with a bullet seed. It's a shame the fight was cut abruptly from then on, though the fight was pretty much over by the time the rat got thrown out of the ring. Thankfully, no one died during the scuffle, and even the Deerling and Krokorok fight got broken up before it could get really heated.

We were also given some clues about Raskins past at the end of the chapter. From what I could tell, it seems his dad got arrested when he was a kid? That being a traumatic experience for a kid to witness aside, I wonder if his dad ended up behind bars because he fought someone or maybe he was evading taxes or something lol. There's probably an answer to this already in later chapters, but it's fun to speculate before getting there to know it for myself.

All in all, a pretty solid chapter. Didn't skip any beats. The next chapter's title looks pretty enticing, and I can't wait to see what it holds in the future.
Demiurgic Pen chapter 10 . 1/16
Aeris: I wanna fight more!
Raskin: How about you don't and instead use your skill so the rest of us can fight more?

Brilliant.
Demiurgic Pen chapter 9 . 1/9
Finally got around to reading the newest chapter. First and foremost, if "Attack of the Buibots" doesn't become a oneshot or something at some point, I will be eternally disappointed.

On a more relevant note, good chapter. I'm... not super crazy about characters with names like "Shadow" and such, and capitalizing Energy to demonstrate it as a Big Important Concept is a little unnecessary, but these are small quibbles. The stuff that really matters most, you continue to do well with. I'm very glad to be learning more about Lyco, and the best thing to learn about new characters is information that complicates the current situation in the narrative, which is exactly what we've got here. I also like the smaller threads supporting the central issue; it'll be interesting to keep track of things like where Tyler is and what he's up to, how Aerith- excuse me, Aeris acts in the future and if that attitude of hers becomes something more problematic, etc. Also, a Flygon President is pretty great. Reminds me of Shadowrun a bit.
Demiurgic Pen chapter 8 . 12/2/2020
That Tyler's a little shit. Just waiting for him to cause trouble. He seems alright for now, at least. Also, what a bad host Lyco is. Making Raskin make his own hay pile. For me, that would be the last straw...
Demiurgic Pen chapter 7 . 11/16/2020
I like the addition of Sid's POV. It's great to have contrasting perspectives on the events of the story between him and Raskin. Looking forward to when we get Lyco's POV, although that's probably not going to be for a while.
Demiurgic Pen chapter 6 . 10/21/2020
I don't think it's a surprise to anyone that knows you, Cynshie, to see how well Sid has taken to the battling here. Good to see him all... 'fired up', if you will. But that was a good note to end the chapter on, Raskin's lamentation about not feeling the same way. I think that, paired with the repeated memory of his father's arrest, and the mutual feeling between himself and Lyco, is what really drives this chapter. And ultimately, I think that's also what will drive the story going forward. It would be nice if they could catch a break and just have the life they always wanted by running the Fighting Den, but that's not how these tales tend to play out. I feel like Raskin might wind up fighting a very different nature than the other Pokemon here, before all is said and done. Looking forward to seeing how that's going to play out.
Flyg0n chapter 6 . 10/21/2020
I think this may be my favorite chapter yet! But then I kinda felt like that about the five chapters prior too...

But seriously, this was such a great kickoff. We finally reached the first fight night! First rule of fight den, don't talk about fight den. I see what you did there ;).

You did a fairly good job of describing fights, I could picture it well enough in my head. I think the only part that confused me was Raskin's flashback. Maybe you could Italicize it? I think that would improve the clarity a lot.

Anyways, I'm loving how pokemon are finally beginning to discover their abilities and powers. I wouldn't be surprised if Sid evolved at some point down the line.

Keep up the good work! You've been updated fairly steadily and consistently, and you have probably one the most unique settings on this whole site. I really want to see where this goes.
TheG0AT chapter 5 . 10/12/2020
— “being made redundant” is strange phrasing to me. Is that British, by chance?
— Raskin and Sid each grabbing a beer when times are tough is a mood.
— I don’t know if this was intentional or not, but I love how Raskin immediately goes into explaining his theory (which is largely based on assumptions) about why they’re getting laid off right after he starts to drink alcohol. Gives me similar vibes to sitting down, sparking a joint, and theorycrafting about, I don’t know, the Illuminati or something. Makes Raskin even more relatable to me personally.
— Speaking of theorycrafting, I have a hunch that this absolutely intentional timing isn’t related to the fighting excursion at all. It seems deeper-rooted than that, perhaps having to do more with the backstories of the bosses themselves or perhaps another tangential storyline, such as Raskin’s father or that Skitty at work. Hmm.
— Speaking of theorycrafting again, I’ve noticed the careful detail placed into Raskin’s perception of money, negotiating prices down and fretting about spending only two Poké for the lift. When the eventual success arc happens with the fights, I anticipate either Raskin or Sid (or both?) will lose perspective on their money and scale up their standards by however many magnitudes of ten.
— Raskin is gonna get his asssss beattttt in this fighting club. Cannot wait lol.