Reviews for Prosthetics (HTTYD 2 AU)
Guest chapter 5 . 12/7/2020
Drago not being instantly forgiven despite showing regret is good writing. Since it would be very unnatural after everything he has done. As I assume this would have been the case had he made it into the 3rd film.
Drago not being the emotional touchy type is understandable but considering his reputation he's probably kept his real emotions bottled up and probably would only break down in tears when in private and alone otherwise his crew would see he's not so invincible and turn on him easier. He probably just needs to find an island to stop on for some time alone to cry, gather his thoughts and wonder where he went wrong.
Drago leaving his bullhook and fake arm behind was rather clever to show he's making small steps to changing without verbal communication. Considering the bullhook is a infamous tool for a cruel method of training elephants and the Bewilderbeast being based on elephants and it's implied that Drago has been beating his Bewilderbeast ever since it was a hatchling so it's grown to mentally fear the beating of the weapon. So him flat out leaving his main weapon of cruelty towards dragons behind shows he's seen some light.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/12/2020
Maybe having Drago seeing Hiccup getting upset over Stoick's death triggers a flashback of when he was a boy and he cried for his parents after they were killed by the dragons that burned his own village and Drago has an epiphany or something along those lines? I dunno just a suggestion and idea to slowly push Drago towards his redemption so it comes off as natural and not a rushed 180 turn.
Not many fanfics dive in the concept of Drago having a potential vulnerable side, what he was like before he lost his village and family and the side of him that is likely traumatized and just wants his parents back.
NordicWarrior chapter 2 . 10/13/2020
If I was directing the third movie, Drago would be the main villain.
Guest chapter 2 . 10/7/2020
Yes please give Drago a redemption arc in this story. I was disappointed that he got aborted in the 3rd film. He had potential and depth in regards to losing his arm, village and family to dragons when he was just a boy. But they just went nowhere with him and wasted him. There's also way too many fanfics where Drago is portrayed as a full blown a**hole without any depth or development and does some extremely vile and sick things to Hiccup.
So Drago getting development, humanity, depth and the redemption he was supposed to have in the first place would actually be rather refreshing.
Jdog4161 chapter 1 . 10/6/2020
to guest and any others-
I can start on this story I just wanted to see if anyone even wanted to read it since no one told me they wanted this I am gonna write the story people currently want... as people are complaining I may make an exception for this story and write it as I actually wanted this one to 'win' the pole... HOWEVER this does mean I will be working on 3 separate stories at the same time... therefore because I have school, 3 stories to write and my own personal life my update speed is gonna tank! please be patient.
-Jdog4161
Guest chapter 1 . 9/26/2020
This whole pole thing about voting to which story should be written is not a good idea.
It means the other stories including this one are not gonna get written and readers who were looking forward or didn't vote are gonna be disappointed.
Nobody ever really writes stories in regards to Drago's conversation with Hiccup and his past so this makes it even more frustrating.
Either actually make a start on this story or delete this if it's never going to be written to spare the disappointment of others (including myself)