Reviews for An Old Machine's New Home
Prometheus-777 chapter 4 . 1/5/2021
"When it tried communicating with them, they all shivered for an unidentifiable reason and went from kneeling to prostrating. It attempted to communicate with that group twice more; getting the same, or similar reactions both times; but none of the aliens responded with anything more than dazed mutters about their "God" finally appearing in-the-flesh."

Heh, this while part reminds moi of how Superman lands slowly and gracefully among humans. Th looks they give it's as if he's their alien god. This is from the recent Superman movie trailers. I think it might be the Batman Vs Superman one from the DC Cinematic Universe. I think once he lands among Soldiers and once among civilians. It's that awe you get and that morbid feeling that Superman could easily just kill those Humans and there ain't nothing (I know, oxymoron lol) they can do about it lol.

"Really, the only use they had in actual combat – according to its simulations, anyway – was as suicide bombers, as the 'hump' on each Unggoy was actually a concentrated pack of methane"

Ayyyy lmao! Even a Reaper I thinking of utilising the suicide bomber gmGrunt strategy too kekekeke! The more things change, the more they stay the same.

"a program labeled "Orchestra". A quick scan of the files it had access to revealed this "Orchestra" was responsible for maintaining its body"

Aww, how nostalgic... Guess who's back, back again. Orchestra a back! Tell your friends! Nice to see a familiar character. Or plot device? Either way regardless, at least I comfortable in having foreknowledge of how it works based on your other story. Althoughz I suspect it's responsibilities and capabilities will be varied here, unless I am mistaken. I can't wait to see how prominent of a role it will play in the future henceforth.

"the blackness it first awoke to now filled with endless moving lines of pale blue code"

Oho?! Is this a not so subtle reference to Halo 4's ending where Cortana and the Master Chief were in that hardlight "cube" shield to protect him from the tactical nuke he manually detonated in his hands? How the walls of the hardlight shield were full of moving stands of code similar to how Cortana's body looks? Ooooh la la Monsieur Edge-kun! Your love for Cortana is evident! Dufufufu! ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

"Orchestra assistance program, assigned designation 357-Last of the First; awaiting operational guidelines, Conductor."

Ooh, and so the nostalgia thickens! Conductor, eh... Not half bad. And Last of the First designation immediately reminds moi of Forerunner names such as Bone Stellar (Makes?) Eternal Lasting and Engineer names such as Heavier Than Most. How fascinating!

"and making sure the entire process was kept 'out of view' of the assistance program."

Sir David Attenborough: How utterly fascinating... A paranoid Reaper! That's a first. Reminds moi of Shepard's speech on teaching the Reapers fear, kekeke.

"the primary body of True Intelligences"

Welp, this is, unless I am mistaken, the first ever mention in any of your ME stories where "True Intelligences" was ever mentioned. How fascinating...

"So the Universal Form is my body. But 'True Intelligences'? More questions…how annoying…"

Oi, oi. This has made moi think of how Harbinger Assumes Direct Control and how Sovereign did the same with Saren's cybernetic corpse. You know how both Harbinger and Sovereign have one thing in common when fighting by proxy via Assuming Direct Control? How whenever their host dies they both basically "fall unconscious" or basically get a mental feedback overload over the connection? This explains how Sovereign got a mental backlash over Zombie Saren's second death. Also why there's a cooldown period between each "Assuming Direct Control" possession. This must mean Harbinger ends up floating in space aimlessly like Sovereign, with Kinetic Barriers and Armaments down and left vulnerable like Sovereign was. Fortunately for him he has his Reaper Armada Brethren to protect him during this throughout the Mass Effect 2 game, right? So then if the Amnesiac Reaper does Assume Direct Control and his host dies, then he SHOULD be vulnerable similarly, right? But this is the Halo universe, so Macs and Energy Projectors exist, to name a few lol. That and plasma weaponry. So getting K. mid combat wouldn't be wise unless he gathers a supremely formidable fleet of Covenant, Human (UNSC, Insurrectionists and Independents alike), Forerunner and Flood (if he ever gets that lucky kekekeke). That said... That momentary vulnerability might be how anyone can beat the Reapers. Imagine... If Sovereign never Assumed Direct Control of Saren's cybernetic corpse and just focused on opening the Citadel Station Alpha Relay straight to Dead (oops, Dark) Space, then he never would have died and there never would have been Mass Effect 2! Isn't that morbidly fascinating?! ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

"Is it possible that a side effect of Command Voice renders them unable to properly stand unless so ordered? Something to be tested in the future."

Heh. Kinda like Sword-Ki or Spiritual Pressure from Bleach, or even Presence, from countless anime and manga, that quite literally forces the weakest characters to collapse and the awesome power projected by the user.

"That makes the third one in seven minutes. This is becoming concerning."

Admiral Akbar: It's a TRAP!

TRAP-KUN: Ohhh... I had one job. One Job! And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you, meddling Admiral Akbar-sama! Baka!

""What about the other nine teams? What are they reporting?" he asked with a mask of calm indifference in place, keeping up the illusion of a fully in control superior."

FEAR-KUN: *Sniffs the Shipmaster* Ah, yes... The sweet, succulent, aroma of...fear! Gehehehaha!( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

"and continue to advance further into the unknown vessel. Wait…"

This is the point where a competent Elite Commander should have recalled all SpecOps teams to the Righteous Vindication... Or better yet, pulling a Halo Legends by sacrificing all decks with airlocks directly connected to the Righteous Vindication like how Master Chief got left over in a similar section before Kelly grabbed and swung him into the rest of the Covenant Warship to continue doing badass Master Chief stuff and rescuing "The Package" aka Dr Halsey like BAMF!

"Sentinels scattered across the exterior of the unknown"

Hmm-hmm... This makes sense. In Halo 1, the Terminals how that an unknown alien hip crash landed on Halo-04 but Guilty Spark only..."contained it." Forerunner Sentinels are known to have canonically taken down a Banished Super Carrier and left Atriox and his Banished, stranded on the Ark, thanks to Spartan Jerome assisting the UNSC AI (Isabel?), in triggering a hostile response from the Sentinels on the Ark after using the Super Carrier to glass/vitrify a section of the Ark. So it makes sense that Sentinels would be surrounding the "UFO", HAH! Can't believe I ACTUALLY got to call a Reaper a UFO lol! Makes sense from the perspective of the Halo universe I suppose.

""I…am unsure, Fleet Master," the woman said"

How fascinating... So you're linking Halo 5 canon of how Fe ale Elites, whilst few and far between, were always a part of the Covenant, and now after the Covenant-Human war, the Arbiter has been working towards ensuring gender equality by allowing female warriors to join their ranks to hater their forces! Subarashi! Also, in the worst case scenario, like Sanghelios and all Sangheli colonies are being lost, the surviving female a male Elites onboard their warships can ALWAYS just "restart" their race on a new world or gagantuan space station 6 similar to High Charity. Brilliant move mate!

THAT and having female and male Elites conveniently allows a chance for Conductor ti Voice Command HIS Elites to procriate and propagate to naturally increase his ground troops as well as, coincidentally AVE a new generation f Covenant forces who are born and are nurtured to worship him as their God as well as benefiting from him in the only way that matters that the Prophets never allowed... Elites that learn MORE than just COMBAT, but ther forgotten skills such as industry, science, mining, education systems, gender equality like how the Arbiter championed it, well, basically a communist society since everyone Controlled by the Amnesiac Reaper benefits as long as they're alive to do so lol.

""A Luminary does not lie." Thavu interrupted with a quote from the Writ of Union, more for appearances sake really than anything else.

"Of course, Fleet Master," she was quick to sa"

Heh... I wonder, besides both of them fearing looking like Heretics for merely suggesting the Luminary gave force positive readings...could it be that Thavu is as physically imposing as the Halo Wars 1 Arbiter? If so, this could also suggest he'sbeen around longer and probably got passed over for the Arbiter position as well as it being a symbol of shame, but also that he probably has a mean streak and that's why the nameless (wish she was at least named, like Rookie/Neophyte, that it makes sense that he is her Sensei, and he's shadowing her work because he's grooming her to replace him since he's getting old, cool idea right? At the moment these characters are like blanc canvases being slowly painted. So ther story is like a tree with many roots. When a one path s chosen, others are closed off but probably reconnect in the future when opportunity arises, like a decision tree) female SpecOps seems scared, awed, or respectful of him, albeit reluctantly. I imagine their relationship being like Luke "Darth Vader" Skywalker and Ahsoka "Snips" Tano from Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series that used to be aired on Cartoon Network.

"After all, he wasn't the Vindication's shipmaster, and until a new one was found, the throne would remain vacant."

But isn't he technically the Acting Shipmaster now that all former crew members of the Righteous Vindication are on the kill list? It's like how Commander Shepard is referred to as Captain, despite not holding the rank, merely because s/he "Captains" the Normandy SR-1 and SR-2. Ergo, as the highest ranking Officer to commandeer the Righteous Vindication, he SHOULD and IS the Shipmaster "Captaining" the aforementioned Warship, is he not? Or am I just reading too much into this lol. Or perhaps is out of respect? Either way, he's not very ambitious as to "Assert his Dominance" by sitting on the Command Throne as a power move/play to show all on the Bridge that HE'S in charge lol. Actually this explains why he didn't immediately suspect or allow his Huragok to examine the Reaper tech and thus desciver the mind control properties SOONER.. or at all, thanks to his incompetence. I feel for the female SpecOps Elite as she ACTUALLY made great analysis and suggestions as by conjecture and speculation as to what potentially happened. She should be in charge lol. Perhaps this is her opportunity to backstab him and take charge? A mutiny! Kekekeke! A typical Kig-Yar pirate move, but a good, if risky, one nonetheless. And anyways regardless... He's the bloody Fleetmaster lol! He is automatically I'm the Shipmaster by stepping aboard any Covenant vessel in his Fleet or without a Fleet. Bollocks mate kekekeke.

""Fleet Master, behind youHe spun around to face whatever threat managed to sneak its way onto the command deckdeck"

Eh? This doesn't make any sense. There's more that one SpecOps Elite on the Bridge. ALL Covenant automatic sliding doors/bulkheads make a distinct loud chiming whenever they open/close as well as a hissing sound as if air pressure is being released, IIRC. So then how come his so called personal SpecOps guards, who're mind you, as SpecOps, should have received the best of the best training, failed as well as being masters at subterfuge, failed to notice a lone Kig-Yar enter the Righteous Vindication's Bridge, walk/run towards the Fleet Master without a cloaking device, arrive behind the Fleet Master Thavu, and then attempt an assassination like Jing Ke's almost successful assassination against the 1st Emperor of China? Surely, like in Jing Ke's case, this assassin's should not only have been spotted but dealt with or at least stopped, searched and questioned per some precepts/protocols right? There should have been permanently cloaked SpecOps guards directly outside the Bridge bulkheads with SpecOps Grunts and Kig-Yar setting up Plasma Turrets and Deployable Energy Shields to prepare for a siege against the Bridge. The same, I imagined would have been reflected outside the Reactor/Engine room, the second most important target other than the Bridge for a boarding party to capture and hold as leverage/hostage. Then they should have set up similar positions outside the airlocks connecting to the Amnesiac Reaper to repel the now hostile former "infected" (read: Indocrinated) crew members. Orders were to kill them on sight anyways so why this lack of precautions... It doesn't make sense... Surely the SpecOps Commander should have acted like an Adjutant to the Fleet Master the same way a military General in any Human democratic government acts like the President's/Prime Minister's Adjutant too. She/He should have seen that the Fleet Master was making strategic errors that would make Sun Tzu weep in sadness at the complete disregard of even the most basic military protocol in this situation against an "Unknown" foe. This SpecOps Commander should have then declared the Fleet Master UNFIT to Command, and arrested Thavu, and/or relieved him of his Command. This UNSUNG MVP HERO should have made it seem like Conductor was boarding The Long Night of Solace on the Legendary Difficulty, with too many Fuel Rod SpecOps Grunts, too many Advanced Point Defence Gauntlet Kig-Yar, too many Hunter pairs scouring and Hunting the Righteous Vindication for any strugglers and creating a physical Trump Wall in ALL the Hallways leading to and from the Engine room and Bridge to and from the airlocks attached to the Amnesiac Reaper. There should have been many Jackal Beam Rifle ProGamer (kekekeke( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)) snipers. There should additionally have been too many SpecOps Huragok with th strongest AOE Shields as well as having an inexplicable tendency to commit suicide amidst hostile boarders from the Amnesiac Reaper whenever they detected malicious, Flood like subvertion to their systems. Basically it should have seems as impossible as possible. Then the Conductor should have shown how much of a strategist he is by beating these adverse odds and overcoming such insurmountable odds to prove that he can take on ALMOST anything short of the Flood in a Halo Wars like battle. He would be like the Champion of his Reaper Faction and Thavu and the SpecOps Commander would be Champions of their Covenant Faction. Then Conductor oumd fight a nigh-assymetrical war/battle and get to say those glorious words: "ALL UNITS...!" ( ꈍᴗꈍ)( ꈍᴗꈍ)( ꈍᴗꈍ)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) Maybe even Voice Commanding them like, "ALL UNITS! CAPTURE THE REACTOR ENGINE ROOM WHILST I... PERSONALLY CAPTURE THE BRIDGE. EXCEPT FOR YOU RANDOM KIG-YAR 13. YOU WILL MAKE LIKE A SUICIDE GRUNT AND COMMIT SUICIDE FOR MY-AHEM! "OUR" GREAT JOURNEY! (THAT AND NOBODY LIKES YOU...*Immesureable sadistic schadenfreude euphoria! Heeheehee!( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)*"

Hypothetically speaking of course! ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ꈍᴗꈍ)( ꈍᴗꈍ)( ꈍᴗꈍ)( . Y . )( . Y . )( . Y . )

Guess I have read TOO many space opera novels like The Lost Fleet: Dauntless saga.

"Alright, that's the final prologue chapter over and done with. What did you think?"

NANI TF?! If this was MERELY a prologue giving US Reader-kuns a TASTE of your story, as written by you, Edge-kun and as edited by Pilot-kun... Then I stand (read: sit on my toilet taking a shit, because I CLASSY like that and one of THOSE people that reads stories on a toilet because of how cathartic and therapeutic it is) in awe! Subarashi! Sasuga Author-kun and Editor-kun! Shout out to the Unsung Editor-kun Heroes out there! The Robins to the Batmans. Working on the background like Warframe Fashion-frame Ninjas!

"I believe his words were: "Some sort of ancient alien nanite technology that makes people worship the devices before driving them mad and altering them," or something to that effect."

My Goddess... It all makes sense now! This explains everything! Your mention of the Reaper Indoctrination Nanites in TBR; The mention of them here too in AOMNH; the explanation about it here; the canonical basis; and how in canon they develop Indoctrination Countermeasures to "block" the Reaper Indoctrination "Signal"; Fuckin' hell, this EXPLAINS the SYNTHESIS ENDING; How the SYNTHESIS WAVE converted Organics and Synthetics alike to be both (cybernetic?); How everyone and everything must have been Infested by Reaper Indoctrination Nanites by simply visiting or living on the Citadel or being near so called "Prothean" artifacts/relics (depending on whether you're Reaper/Prothean like Javik or not); How they must be contagious but simply waiting for a "Reaper Signal" to awaken them when in close proximity and for long enough periods; How they must be non intelligent and waiting for a Controlling Intelligence to trigger their Indoctrination process in the same way that Conductor somehow Indoctrinated a Hunter with Nanites that were evidently and inexplicably ALREADY inside it's body and each individual Lekgolo Worm (ACTUALLY the Hunter probably stayed too long near Reaper tech and onboard the Amnesiac Reaper for the Nanite Infestation silent invasion to take a foothold like mindless sleeper agents waiting operating on standing orders and awaiting a Controlling Intelligence to give them new Operational Guidelines). Flipping heck this is decent!

"I'm of the opinion that the codex in general should be taken with a grain of salt due to it being written from the perspective of Citadel/Alliance researchers. Unreliable narrator being a thing and all that."

I totes agree with ya here BOSS! The Reaper Codex Entries were NEVER written by REAPERS or a REAPER personally... Thus, good old Human and Alien Error would have struck. Those entries are full of conjecture and speculation to fill in gaps in information. For example, the CODEX ENTRIES are constantly being updated in-game as and when you learn new intel "LIVE". Like accessing a TERMINAL or a DATAPAD ENTRY after hacking it. Kinda like th intel on the COLLECTORS onboard the COLLECTOR BLACK ARK in Mass Effect 2... Why did the Collectors LEAVE us a dissected Collector dead specimen to find, suggesting they're constantly experimenting in themselves to constantly Upgrade and improve themselves to surpass their previous versions?! I daresay, that was intended as a trap. The first CASUALTY of WAR is INFORMATION... They WANTED us to FIND OUT. They wanted us to make the connection that the COLLECTORS are what's left of the PROTHEANS... They probably intended that as psychological warfare too make us distrust our INTEL about everything we know and EEZO based TECH... They wanted to introduce...DOUBT... Look what happens whenever we try telling INTEL like this to the COUNCIL... They unanimously reject out new revolutionary intel because it clashes with what they comfortably know. It's like heresy and sacrilege in a religion like the Covenant lol. "How dare you suggest HUMANS are RECLAIMERS?! The LUMINARY does NOT lie! They're the enemy! That RECLAIMER Forerunner symbol means ENEMY!" Something to that effect... Hypothetically speaking of course. I merely resulting to conjecture and speculation myself too, so this is largely subjective.

"In gamer terms: humanity OP, pls nerf."

Damn straight BOSS! Didn't they lose all their planets but one... The last planet of which they defended to the bitter end for approximately 50 years, more or less. Imagine what kind of War where Fortress Class W
Tom712 chapter 4 . 12/31/2020
nice
Blaze1992 chapter 4 . 12/31/2020
Hey it's not my fault the majority of games/media make the aliens the bad guys.
I just like it when karma happens to those f**king up the peace.
RandomReader chapter 3 . 12/30/2020
Plasma has mass, thus kinetic barriers stop it. The electrical charge depletes the barriers rather quickly though. Reaper barriers are even moderately effective against laser weapons, since they are strong enough to distort spacetime itself. That last one only goes for capital ships though.
Blaze1992 chapter 3 . 12/29/2020
Nice to see the convies suffer from those twin tank team.
LaMario chapter 2 . 12/29/2020
The Banished would be perfect soldiers for the Reaper
Tom712 chapter 3 . 12/25/2020
nice
singpu chapter 3 . 12/25/2020
Um the mangaleko cannot be indoctrinated, the flood were unable to assimilate them and the flood are much more dangerous than indoctrination, the forerunners even studied the mangaleko during the forerunner flood to make some form of protection but failed.
Prometheus-777 chapter 3 . 12/25/2020
"Glad to see you enjoy the character that is Fleet Master 'Zonomee. Still working out his backstory, but it should be quite the doozy now that you've expressed such an interest (hey, you're an awesome reviewer, so it's only fair).

Prom-kun: *Totes abashed but totes trying but failing to look stoic and unfazed as I blush...* Uwaaaah?! W-when you say it like that... N-not that I a-appreciate the c-c-compliment or a-anything, but t-thanks... B-baka! ( ꈍᴗꈍ)( ꈍᴗꈍ)( ꈍᴗꈍ)

"An embarrassed and bashful Reaper…crap, do I have some out-there ideas or what?"

Ferb: Yes, yes you do...

"Hey now, this is Halo of all places; just how could I fit…"personalities" like them in here? Never mind the fact it's rated T! Not every story I make is going to have characters that get more of "that" than James Bond!"

Dark Lord Sauron: Gehehehaha! *Immesureable sadistic schadenfreude euphoria! Heeheehee!( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)* I leave that to you umm, VERY VIVID imagination O Author mine! Keelah'Salei, to you buddy. May the Universe bend the laws of causality and acausal effects so that you may experience Good Fortune and some hints of "this and that". Fufufu! ( . Y . )( . Y . )( . Y . ) *LOTR Sauron theme song plays and intensifies as it transitions into Sephiroth's World Enemy theme song!*

Now for the story Review itself! ITADAMIKATSU!

"Now then: I'd say it's about time for the chapter itself. Oh and I suggest playing your favorite combat score, preferably from Halo but others work too, when they step onto the Reaper itself. One with a slow build-up before it takes off would be best. If that wasn't enough of a clue: expect some action this chapter."

Heh! *A certain theme song heard in Halo 2 plays in the Background* "...Only the strongest will survive!" Music sorted good chum.

"until finally, the warrior on point informed them of an Unggoy shambling around ahead of them and mumbling to itself."

Oho! This eerily atmosphere... The odd behaviour of the indoctrinated crew... Definitely feeling it... The vibes if the Reaper Derelict from ME 2. That and the eerily atmosphere is reminding moi of Halo: Combat Evolved's "The Library" mission... So much horror vibes, my good Sir, I daresay!

"one of them with a shot into its methane pack and the other to its head (he thought he heard a strange noise like a celebration for a moment, alongside some sort of confetti appearing out of nowhere only to then disappear, but he brushed it off as a trick of the ambient light)"

Ayyyy! Grunt Birthday Party Confetti! I love that Skull! The whole "YAAAAAAAAAY!" Never gets old man. It's like the sound of kids celebrating th deathday of each Grunt dead by headshot lol. Umu! Immesureable thanks for this unexpected yet pleasant surprise!

"the eight SpecOps warriors then proceeded to charge at the final grouping of enemies"

Oh man... This is nostalgic. Reminds moi of the Halo 2 SpecOps missions. Those were my favourite.

""Excellent. Prepare to-" the man never finished, as a green explosion replaced the area he was formerly standing in; nothing left of his body remaining when the green flash subsided."

LUL! Get rekt nub! Kappa haha. But what a death! Neither glorious nor honourable and yet with forlorn hope and sorrow.

""Mgalekgolo pair!" one of the SpecOps yelled into their squad comms; doing an admirable job of not sounding afraid of the incredibly dangerous walking tanks."

Heh. So even Elites et their alien boots when faced against Mgalekgolo pairs eh. Good to know.

""Mark!" Jykan said, and the three tossed their grenades while the other two switched fire to the so far unharmed enemy."

Heh. Sound tactics.

"The damage was enough to make it slump to the ground like a boulder."

Oho?! But don't Mgalekgolo just transform into Lekgolo after their Hunter form or Scarab form "dies?" They're a colony, yes? So then like in that live action Halo series and in Halo 5, shouldn't the surviving worms have escaped, probaly into their worm brother? Or were the Plasma Grenade explosions so powerful that each individual Worm stood no chance?

"it lowered itself to the floor and kneeled in the direction of the vague figures."

Oho?! Now colour moi intrigued by those vague figures. Are they Prophets? Do they have the immesureable telepathic powers of the Leviathans? This and many more questions, I can not wait to discover the answers to in the upcoming chapters, UMU!

"The second half should be put up in a few days, and will finally rap up the 'prologue' segment for the fic before getting into the real meat of it. What'd you think?"

What do I think? Hell, it's time we meet Campascus-kun's spiritual successor in the Halo universe, that's what! We've seen many iterations of him in your other ME story. Now is the Halo universe's turn, my good Sir, I daresay! UMU! ( . Y . )( . Y . )( . Y . )

"And yes, I fully intend to abuse this mechanic."

Sasuga! I expected nothing less from you Edge-kun. Only you would have this magnificué Reaper fetish in this way, UMU! I can wait to see what you do with it. Especially since at one point or another, The Flood and their puppet, the Ur-Didact, will become a problem. Even more so if this Reaper "derelict" explores the Library installations on most of not all Halos in the Halo Array. But the bane of both the Flood and organic Reapers will be the COMPOSER... And the Mother fuckin' Master Chief lol (a.k.a. the LUCKIEST living being in existence!) Dufufufu! That is of course... Unless the DOOM SLAYERS makes a cameo lol. HIM and HIS demon horde enemies lol.

"As I said at the top AN: sorry about the long wait. If it makes you feel better, I'm posting this alongside the first chapter of a new Mass Effect story I've been working on: A Cursed Existence, an SI that's…a little different compared to most others you've read, or at least that's my intention with it. Go check it out! Also, for those of you waiting on chapter 22 for The Broken Reaper, I'm working on it as we speak, so keep an eye out for it!"

Ahem! Y-you're forgiven. And n-not that it makes me f-feel any b-better or anything but... An Old Machine's New Home update as the proverbial Pizza base?! A Cursed Existence as the proverbial Pizza toppings?! And NOW you tell moi that there's a free side dish of A Broken Reaper incoming from your Gordon Ramsay-esque Hellz Kitchen itself?! *My Brain Trembles!* It's Christmas Miracle, my good Sir, I daresay! ASDFGHJKL! I can't even... Only one thing to say, since this makes the long wait at my table in your proverbial restaurant all worth it... ITADAMIKATSU! And Merry Maleficent MassEffect-mass! ( ꈍᴗꈍ)( ꈍᴗꈍ)( ꈍᴗꈍ) And a dastardly diabolical magnificué new year! ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

"What do you guys think? Please leave a review to let me know if it's any good and where I can improve!"

I for one actually enjoyed the tactical nature of the combat scenes in this chapter. So I would say you seem to tailor each combat scene to fit the Persona and fighting style of the leading character at the time in that scene. As in, Prenalon being brutally efficient whenever he fights in close quarters. Basically his whole "RIP and TEAR!" nature which, when juxtaposed to the SpecOps Slits here seems wildly different. In contrast, they seem to not only rely on their Energy Shields, but also utilise cover too where necessary. But this felt a more Elite-ish. Especially the wort, wort, wort part where they ALL go Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on that Elite Minor and his squad of Jaclas and Grunts lol. Energy Sword for life lol. Sadly the first idle Grunt to be assasinated was not killed with an wrist mounted Energy Dagger-kun like the ones seen in Halo: Reach. Especially since this is in the timeline after the Reach. But it also makes sense that he snapped the Grunt's neck as it would allow the SpecOps Elite to place his body leaning against a wall as if asleep on the job as Grunts normally are in each Halo game LMAO! So it can't be helped. Either way regardless, I enjoyed it. I wonder if you're taking inspiration from General Sun Tzu heeheehee!( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

"Right, with this finally put out there, I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you next time!"

Dasvidaniya O Author mine!

Now to set up my tent tight here at the end of THIS chapter. Why? Legend has it that if I wait long enough, the R.O.B. (Random Omnipotent Being) known simply as, "The Author-kun a.k.a. Edge-kun" shall "DESCEND" upon as mere mortals and grace us , even though "unworthy", with the infamous "NEXT CHAPTER BUTTON!" UMU! Good thing I brought lots of food and drinks for fellow camper-kuns! UMU! Now then... To continuously hit the "SACRED REFRESH BUTTON until R.O.B. blesses with that which insatiably and infinitely seek! UMU! UMU! UMU!

Keelah'Salei, to you buddy. May the Universe bend the laws of causality and acausal effects so that you may experience Good Fortune. ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
edboy4926 chapter 3 . 12/23/2020
Good chapter.
Tom712 chapter 2 . 11/3/2020
nice.
Also i am pretty sure the covenant should know about the flood already. They encountered it before.
Firehelper chapter 1 . 10/29/2020
Ooh I really like this premise I hope you continue
BlueWay chapter 1 . 10/29/2020
You fucking nail the opening chapter of this, kudos to you.
Blackberry Avar chapter 2 . 10/27/2020
Wait... how did this fleet have time to dock with this unknown vessel, when they were supposed to be chasing the humans from Reach? I think I've missed something here.
Blaze1992 chapter 2 . 10/19/2020
No killing or mass killing of unarmed combatants basically I don't care how many troops/police/criminals the reaper kills just no mass death or killing of Civ's just cause.
70 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »