Reviews for The Little Things Give You Away
Ginza chapter 1 . 9/14
Perfect little add on to this episode, I think you captured them in season 1 very well. It makes me miss the good old episodes when things were simple, yet at the same time glad they moved past old resentments and the not talking about things... well, mostly. Geez, it's gonna be so hard to say goodbye to this show!

Sorry I've been so busy that it's taken me forever to get around to reading this!
freetobescary chapter 1 . 9/10
Ugh, I hated how unfair Sam treated Dean, how little he knew him in Season 1 eventhough Dean was the one who raised him This brought up all those feels again
borgmama1of5 chapter 1 . 9/9
This is an achingly perfect story of where Dean's head is at after this episode-I am in awe at how on point you wrote him!
Wildfire's Flame chapter 1 . 9/9
Very nice. I always liked asylum. Actually the first two seasons are still my favorite seasons... Plus who doesn't love a shirtless Jensen/Dean. Wow is it hot in here? Lol... Anyways... I liked how Dean was like shut up Sam. His concerns about following dads orders or there are consequences. I liked the brittle silence too. Thank you.
shadowhuntingdauntlessdemigod chapter 1 . 9/8
Oohhh man this was perfect, I could just feel the hurt, both physical and emotional. Loved the line about what happens when Dean doesn't follow John's orders, it's such a correct perspective for him to have, and definitely shows his disconnect from Sam in regard to their father in that way. Man, there's so much left unsaid, and the weight of it, oof, wonderful job!
ISEL chapter 1 . 9/8
Muy de acuerdo contigo solo el fina de la serie, también estoy lidiando con ello y no me siento bien. Momentos como los que nos presentas en este verso me hacen recordar que siempre hubiera deseado una historia de los chicos poniendo sus sentimientos en orden, siempre a sido tan difíciles para ellos expresarlos, especialmente para Dean, que compartir algo de ellos siempre es agradable.
Jenjoremy chapter 1 . 9/8
Oh wow, that was fantastic! I love tags to the older episodes when they were so young and relatively innocent. Thanks so much for sharing it!
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 9/8
So spot-on in tone and character-just real and perfect. Such nice work!
ImpalaLove chapter 1 . 9/8
Ohhhh your author’s note had me FEELING SOME THINGS. So crazy how big of an impact this show has had!

“...little grimaces that have that patented, irritating mix of overbearing concern and quiet wariness.”

Love that line because I can picture that exact expression on Sam’s face. Such great specificity there.

“Because when Dean doesn’t follow Dad’s orders, the striga happens. Flagstaff happens. So, yeah, /of course we do./”

That’s one of the most succinct, accurate explanations for Dean’s unquestioning adherence to his dad. It was such a key part of who he was in the early seasons, and I love how you let the simplicity of the above line speak for all of it. Because the bottom line for Dean is keeping Sam safe, and he’s learned that when he doesn’t listen to John, somehow Sam ends up in trouble….or gone.

“And s, it sits there between them, unacknowledged and unresolved. An unsteady tower of collected exhaustion and stress now topped with old-yet-fresh resentments and accusations, just waiting for the proverbial last straw.”

That right there is one of those wonderful ‘That’s it, that’s the whole show’ lines. Unfortunately haha!

Another lovely, nostalgic little tag which was perfectly timed because I turned on the TV this morning to see an old episode from season 1, so I was in the perfect headspace for this. Not even gonna talk about how YOUNG they were because we’ll be here all day but wow. So insane to think about how much has changed.
Maz101 chapter 1 . 9/8
I have always so enjoyed your writing of Dean. I am having to keep a tight rein on my indulgence in SPN fanfiction right now because my emotions over the ending of the show are bubbling just a bit too close to the surface. Only a few writers for me and you are one! This first season, the earliest seasons, getting to learn these characters - my feelings about them at the time are a major part of my memories of my life of that time - I had plenty else going on of course but this show is so integral. This episode was awesome and I love your tag!
JennK528 chapter 1 . 9/8
This was my first ep, too! Caught it during a couple of weeks of reruns during Christmas and New Year's before starting with new eps in January. And I came in halfway through and that was enough to get me hooked...:) *sigh* Fifteen years, dude!

Anyway, lovely tag - I like Sam a lot better these days than I did earlier...HA! Glad he's grown up. And we NEVER get enough bandaging-up-in-the-bathroom scenes - if any! Thank goodness for fanfic to fill in these lapses.
ngregory763 chapter 1 . 9/8
Oh how I love your tags! You are amazing at writing them and even better at expressing the raw emotion and hidden hurts. Thank you for sharing and feel free to post anything Supernatural that you feel is looooooong overdue. I will eat them up!
Nova42 chapter 1 . 9/8
I love this little tag, I love that you have made your return to fanfiction, it makes my little black heart go thump. Or that could be the double bacon cheeseburger I had for breakfast. That's a breakfast food right? It has bacon.

I love the title of this story, it's perfect. The story is perfect, not to long, not to short. Just enough.

I feel bad for Dean, going through so much, and Sam wanting to talk but not knowing how cause this version of Sam and Dean are still feeling each other out.

Perfect, write more. Don't forget your reading homework.