Reviews for The Game Is Not Over
NerdGirl1210 chapter 24 . 12/19/2021
This story is amazing! I feel like you do a really good job on keeping the characters close to how the show is. I can’t wait to see where this story goes!
Azyline chapter 24 . 11/30/2021
Hi :)

I discovered your story a few days ago, and I read it avidly. I really enjoy the way you're writting, and how you put things in place. I really appreciate how you use every character, and I have to admit, I particularly like the chapters centered around Callen.

Thank you for your great story, I am so impatient to read what comes next ! :D

See you soon !
Zero9 chapter 2 . 11/18/2021
Callen belongs to please
NcislaohneDeeks chapter 1 . 11/18/2021
#Deeks.
Painter chapter 24 . 11/18/2021
I can't decide about Anna either. I just can't see Callen in a long-term relationship! So I think dating Anna is one thing, but them being seriously involved doesn't quite fit for me. I can see why you've woven in that Callen might think about her here as clearly they have been increasingly together as a couple.
Callen has a lot to process doesn't he... It's great to see the concern Sam has for Callen, but Callen not sure how to handle it, and preferring to be on his own... (I must say I found it really really surprising in S13 'Subject 17' that Callen went straight to Sam with his thoughts about the files he found (and Sam was so dismissive :( ) it didn't quite seem like Callen somehow!) Anyway - I like how you always manage to keep the characters true to the original/earlier seasons, which is how I prefer them :D
Guest chapter 24 . 11/17/2021
I always enjoy seeing another chapter. Please keep them coming. Thank you!
NcislaohneDeeks chapter 24 . 11/16/2021
I am not a fan of is to blame for this whole thing.
Varvara11 chapter 24 . 11/16/2021
Hetty&Callen are Callen&Anna back together.
trscrny chapter 24 . 11/16/2021
Loved the chapter. Humor plus angst-always a good combination!You have let us into the Sam and Callen relationship as it mends. I enjoy that. And you have let us in on Callen's thought journey re how to handle this huge Janvier problem! Beautifully done. Thank you so much for a new chapter.
Take care of yourself,
Teresa
HFlorence chapter 24 . 11/15/2021
The thoughts of Grisha Callen. Sometimes watching the show I wonder what he actually thinks about the information they find but the writers don’t indulge in that very often. Nice to have it here a little.
Rosemoor chapter 24 . 11/15/2021
I'm not a big Anna fan, so if they don't get back together that's fine. Nice to see Callen and Sam's relationship getting back on track.
Vadercat60 chapter 23 . 11/11/2021
Excellent story, your best by far, your getting the Sam Callen relationship down. I look forward to seeing how Callen plans to bait himself under Sam and Hettys watchful eyes. Certainly an interesting AU. The show needs another villain like Janvier, he truly was an evil persona, must have been a joy to portray his character.
The cliffhanger the show gave us for when Callen shot him was a killer. Too bad they've not returned to that genre of writing.
I think you need to incorporate Connor more into the story, he's becoming more of a lame duck character and I'm sure that wasn't your intention, otherwise why bother putting him into the story?
Vadercat60 chapter 22 . 11/11/2021
Well you probably don't have the same writers as in the beginning. Just as on fanfiction, some people come very close to capturing the feel of the show and some people miss it vastly, but every writer brings a slight variation on the characters for good or bad. it's whether you can accept the variance and whether you accept the plot lines going on.
Mosely's term on the show tempered by Hiduko is probably the main reason the show didn't go belly up. I seriously disliked her character, she was narcissistic and didn't care if people knew it or not. The writing that year was forced and it showed throughout the year and happily they wrote her off the show, though I wish they kept Hiduko, I liked her character.
The next year picked up a bit, but it's going to be a slow process to get back to the level they were. I really think they started slipping when they killed off Michele and started adding a younger cast. Anticipation to make it a 20 year plus show? ongoing like some other long running police shows? is this an indication the others are leaving the show soon that we need to get used to these new cast members?
I personally feel the writing is fragmented, accommodating so many cast members that the story lines are thining. Hopefully this year 2021 the writers will have turned their creative juices at least to a long running juicy plot, I guess time will tell.
Painter chapter 23 . 11/3/2021
This is perfect. Both how Callen is reticent with Sam - the dialogue and actions between them are spot on - I especially liked Callen's irritation at Sam's over-protectiveness and how you kept them both so in character whilst also showing their deep partnership. They have a way of communicating that doesn't need words, and I really felt that here.

And Hetty..! Just perfect. I adore her and Callen together. There's this sense that at his very foundations is Hetty, she's his rock - but it's never overt or effusive, it's just quietly *there*. We all know he's more than capable of looking after himself, but he gains a kind of quiet inner strength from her that I just love.

I know what you mean about being disappointed post-Mexico. I will never understand why Callen was given those severe injuries and yet it was never reflected on by either Sam or Hetty, both of whom had laid down their declarations that they couldn't bear anything to happen to him. Anyway, we're seeing some of that from both of them here, so thank you!
Guest chapter 23 . 11/2/2021
Another great chapter. Thanks!