Reviews for Soul of a Hitokiri
Poppy2 chapter 1 . 9/1/2003
Beautiful and interpretive piece. Simply beautiful and a fine sequel to "Descent into Madness".
Stevia Mojito chapter 1 . 8/9/2003
Hi! This was really good! Even though I, myself, don't prefer one-shots, this was good. Actually, come to think of it, I only prefer chapters becuase...I CAN'T write one-shots... ::blush:: Oh well... It was good and really, that's all that counts... ok, off to read more!
Amaya night rain chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
I like the story even if it is short. I just read another story that took place before this and it seemed almost a short continuation to it. I am very glad u wrote but slightly surprised, usually when I get an idea I think about it afterwards to if I like it, I don't think I would be able to stop even though it was a good place to stop my imagination tends to forget that stories have to end sooner or later, though I supose that that os what a fanfiction is, a glimpse of imagination to try and fill the gaps in a story. He, I'm rambling again, that really can be a bad habbit you know, look at me you see what I mean I can't even end a review and it doesn't even have a plot! ok I have to go before the review is longer then the story!Good bye. (note to self stop rambling in reviews wait this is rambling isn't it? ok I really have to go must just press the buttonBye for good this time hm!)
starfinder07 chapter 1 . 7/10/2003
This may be odd to say or read, but I feel moved. I enjoyed this as a serious fic. Usually, I'm more into the humorous ones.

I had an idea, though. I don't know if it's feasible, but I had imagined a second chapter or continuation of the lady going down to the place where the men were drinking with Kenshin. They could both sit down and have a drink. She could whisper that the people around them aren't comfortable. In a normal voice, Kenshin would say, "I know they are not. I make them uncomfortable." He gets up to leave and she lays a hand on his shoulder and he sits down with a thump. He looks at her and sighs. "But-" he says. "No," she admonishes. They sit and drink, no speaking. Then Kenshin starts to tell her of the children he played with including that adorable scene where Kenshin was the Shinsengumi.

That's just an idea that sprang into my mind and I have no idea why I'm typing it in this review. Never mind me, I have odd thoughts.
Aarika chapter 1 . 7/6/2003
That was really good. I have absolutely no criticism. There's not much I can say besides that it was an excellent point of view and I loved the sort of sad, unsure ending.
ISJ chapter 1 . 6/23/2003
I really, really loved this. Kenshin's character, and Battousai's, were hauntingly well-written, and Ikumatsu's sympathy was so tender...beautiful. Battousai's reaction was perfect and so sad.

Loved this a great deal. You're a wonderful writer.

Thanks!

ISJ
Zeit chapter 1 . 6/19/2003
I am not crying. I am so not crying... *sniffles*

I finally got the time to sit down and read fanfiction, and I'm glad I thought to check whether you updated or not. Very good use of a very minor character. I don't quite know if this makes sense, but... she almost is the reader, in a way. I can feel what she's feeling, and I think that's the sign of both a really good subjective narrator and a really good fanfic. I also like how Kenshin's recovery isn't so simple - the fic doesn't wrap it up neatly at the end, it understands that healing takes time.

Anyway, I could go on and on, but I'll shut up now. Good story. Write more. Inspiration :)
Shimizu Hitomi chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
I thought it was an excellent piece. If I remember correctly, Katsura Kogoro was an actual historical figure? Name seems familiar... I don't know Japanese history! _ interesting take on how they use him yet worry about him...
A-chan chapter 1 . 6/3/2003
Very Good! I can understand how Ikumatsu feels. She seems very motherly.

Keep up the good work
Akai Kitsune chapter 1 . 6/3/2003
Akai-chan luvs it, _

Another awesome piece. You write Kenshin as Battousai really amazingly... the reaction of the other men is so easy to visualize.

Ikumatsu seems like such a distant, unknown character in the Kenshin universe, and I'm glad you wrote this. It's always nice to see something new, and this was just beautiful.

I'd say more, but my mind is drawing a blank. But definitely keep writing, you're awesome, _
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 1 . 6/3/2003
It took my breath away. Wonderfully written.
Mir chapter 1 . 6/3/2003
Wonderful. Your style is crisp and poignant, and this is the first piece I've read with interaction between Kenshin and Ikumatsu (full marks for originality _~). One thing that stuck me about 3/4 the way through the piece is how everyone during the Bakumatsu seemed to dehumanize Kenshin, and when you have Ikumatsu, in stepping in at a critical juncture in his life, it feels as though she's one of a chain of people actively intervening to remind Kenshin of his humanity. Thus, far from being an isolated event, your one-shot feel like a piece to the larger RK puzzle fitting in smoothly at the end of the OAV's. Of note is the begining of the final section where Ikumatsu admits to her fear of Kenshin - even this small, choicely-phrased gesture clearly gives insight into her relationships with both men. Yokatta ne.
Neko Oni-chan chapter 1 . 6/3/2003
Wonderful little one shot. I say, if you ever feel like jotting down an idea you should do it again.

My fav fics are always the ones about Kenshin when he was still fighting in the war. I tear apart a lot, looking for something to read on that topic, and today I was rewarded with a gem.

Awesome- Oni
Conspirator chapter 1 . 6/2/2003
Words fail me-this story is great, in every way.
amamiya chapter 1 . 6/2/2003
Eh? How could I *not* like this? So gorgeously written; I was hanging onto every word. I loved the motherly gesture - it's not often that you see Kenshin being treated that way. Really tugged at my heart strings.

The small ideas that grab your mind and refuse to leave always make the best one-shots. You should really write more like this if the fancy ever takes you.
45 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3