Reviews for To Coda
ladyqueerfoot chapter 12 . 7/18
(hmm idt ive reviewed this chapter and it has a penny review so i'll just drop this here)

After a wee break, I am back and ready for more discussion. I left off with Mazzen so now I’ll get to the other kids.

I wrote that like a year ago oops… anyway hello I’m back. In January I realized “Huh, I never finished my TC review. I should do that.” I didn’t though because college bullshit whatever but I promised to myself, that I’d finish it over the summer and post it on your birthday and well that’s today so yeah, happy birthday, my friend! I was rereading the earlier part of the review where I was all emo about this being the end of an era and acting like I’d never talk to y’all again which is literally the clowniest clown behavior ever I’ve exhibited because we all still talk every day and MVO exists and is great. I’d also like to point out that I had no idea Em was going to post a longass review last week, so I am not copying her because I too had this idea. Happy 480 reviews tho, dayum!

Right, so there’s 75% of this cast to go and also I wanna say a few things at the end abt this fic as a whole. It probably won’t be as long as I initially planned because I only reread intros and pre-games to prepare for this but I still remember a lot of what happened because again, this was an era.

𝗗𝗲𝘃𝗮𝗻: A straight-up fucking legend; good lord I adored this dumbass bimbo bitch. I think it’s really funny how most of Em’s kids have this deeply upsetting energy to them (ie Edric, Moe, Merrick) and then there’s her kids for you, dear lord. She and Varrik’s friendship was iconic as hell and good lord she was just so much fun. Anybody who can make a pro-lifer lose even more brain cells is a winner to me and just yeah, I think she is very neat and I am glad she and Varrik get to do dumb shit together for eternity.

𝗩𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗸: Ah yes, the other half of this iconic duo of shitheads. As dumb as he is, I think Devan was dumber, but Varrik was still fucking legendary. I will discuss it more when it’s Lex time but I deeply enjoyed his role in the slowest slow-burn that ever did burn slowly. It was really cool to see two different sides of him with Devan vs with Lex but ultimately both sides showed that Varrik Varnett is a damn good dude and I’m grateful he exists. So glad he got his designer nipples, we love that.

𝗜𝗻𝗮𝗿𝗮: I definitely remember her less than I do the others, in part because she spent a lot of the Games playing second fiddle to Micah, and then he was busy being gay after the Games so we didn’t see much of her. I guess it’s sweet that she went back and saw the kids, but beyond that, I constantly forgot she was alive. Not your fault, by the way. This cast was iconic, some bitches were bound to slip through the cracks.

𝗥𝗲𝘅: He entertained the ever-loving fuck out of me. I wasn’t the biggest Rex fan until post-Games, I just sort of thought “cool, a demon child” and then he died early and I wasn’t too shocked but then we got into post-Games and his relationship with Shoah which was just… so fucking nice to see. I never thought somebody’d be able to fix Rex of all people, but my girl Shoah is talented as fuck. I loved this arc for him especially because it really highlighted the fact that as fucked up as he is, Rex is still just a kid and he has time to grow and change, which I think he’s now on the right track to do.

𝗜𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮: Well, well, well… if it isn’t Miss Victor ! God, Ilaria is so fucking cool, I am sort of still obsessed with her. Look, as much as I love a good dommy mommy (hi Velcra), I love somebody surpassing their dommy mommy even more, and that was simply based of Ilaria. I don’t know, she was kind of epic. I know some people (one person. you know who.) were disappointed when she won, but I think she was the perfect bad bitch to lead our gang of survivors and just… what a queen. And she has finally found peace too, ugh her mind. I am obsessed I don’t know what else to say.

𝗖𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿: Yeah, yeah, he was sexy, I agree with everyone else. I mean, we didn’t see much of him so I feel like all of the Callister love was because he was hot, but also I do love myself a good mercenary. I will never forget during the finale VC when i said something along the lines of “I dont get the cal hype” and dyl voice revealed by saying “Cause he’s hot, duh!” That was funny shit.

𝗔𝗹𝗲𝘅𝗮: Her arc was so poggers champion she made Ali cry (though she denies it) (because Lex survived and therefore Ali did not cry). But yes, I will again reiterate that I fucking love the two of them, even though for like two months I thought when y’all said “varexa” u were referring to varsen and alexa and I was like HUHHH bc idk varsen doesn’t like women i don’t think they do. Anyway, lex’s arc was subtle but like still she popped the fuck off. I love people growing and allowing intimacy into their lives and settling down to be with the silliest goofiest guy of all time. Yeah, I love Lex she is swag

𝗩𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘀: The memes were funny

𝗣𝗲𝗻𝗻𝘆: Ew (you did very good with her) (if i subbed her now she’d be she/they) (i feel like i already said last year that u popped off w penny, and it holds true rn) (69)

𝗠𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗵:Love this bitch gahh! I read my micalo essay again a few days ago and yeah micah is just best boy point blank period. He loves his family and just… the reputation broadway’s the book of mormon failed to provide. I maintain that micalo was sort of the best ship of all time besides hollethe (/j) god i love those gay boys and micah teaching milo to love himself and micah being selfish and accounting for his own needs for the first time in his pathetic gay life, christ almighty! I just am a micah stan account forever

𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗼𝗹𝗱: congrats on the wedding queen!

𝗥𝗲𝗻: I just didn’t really connect with him as well as I did everyone else but like… idk it was cool when Velcra did Velcra things to him. She could’ve done more, I’d not be mad.

𝗟𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗲: she gets points for being penny’s friend and being a silly little disaster gorl, but i will be honest even afgter rereading intros i’m like “all right. That’s lisse ig.” so yeah, she’s cool!

𝗛𝗼𝘀𝗲𝗮: hello my favorite gayass alcoholic drunk loser since haymitch. He was fun times all good in the hood, i loved his dad arc it’s giving f!g steve harrington tbh. He was kind of an idiot but idk i adored mr hosea (i almost said hawke fuck) (i dont even like him) yeah yeah good job drunk boy

𝗖𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗺𝗶𝗿𝗮: omg the tribute i submitted 1!1! Hii casiii. You know what, I still fucks with Casi. She’s simply a mood and just a bitch and honestly I love when characters are un apologetically annoying and bitchy and then they’re gay. Like yes… give me more. I mean, she makes sense tho because ew her family, but just yeah… casitella is based even if i think of micalo more because im a bad lesbian.

𝗛𝗮𝗹𝗲: God what a fucking unit! Yes yes sexy fireman slay, and then his boyfriend Dyl. He was ultimately a good boy, I have no qualms about mr. hale. I just wouldn’t let him devour me, y’know?

𝗟𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮: Oh shit! A child!

𝗢𝗿𝗶𝗼𝗹: Lol, nerd! Nah, he annoyed me but affectionately. I love bitches.

(haha can u tell its the 19th and im rushing yet because i sat down to do this after dinner and taco bell demolished my insides)

(anyway…)

So i will now discuss just… idk bulletpoints of things i like, I’m not smart enough to do analysis

Everyone volunteering is a great twist especially when it’s not the 151st hunger games
I like how you did intros leading into the capitol. It gives us a great view of who everyone is without being too repetitive
Also i thot u slayed the 1 pregames pov format esp since we really did know these fuckers well by the end of the fic
They are my best friends idk
Ur games were so good
I loved when only mazzen died in the bloodbath and it was bc of my wife velcra. That was really woke of u
I also loved wthe arena being the capitol bc final hunger games and the mannequins scared me shitless
But like in a good way, i promise
I miss kenny oops
I also um… wish one of the kids died in that explosion (u know who)
I am glad it was a happy ending esp after you’ve written this verse for so long
Idk much abt ur verse but Ferrox saying it’s time to go home just felt right so i’ll roll with it

Ehh 30 minutes late, i’ll take it

Bye bye for now i will see you on friday with training 2

Fuck this shit i’m coda’d
linds
District11-Olive chapter 65 . 7/13
Some might say I’m late, exactly (to the date I checked) a year late in fact. Some might think that it’s because I forgot or because the epilogue and its contents scared me so I put off reading it to protect my feelings.
To those “some” saying these things I would just like to say - shut up. I’m here now and that’s what matters now let’s go.
Mazzen (24) - Honestly I’m just glad this poor child finally got some therapy. It was a really nice ending for him here to get to be finally free from Velcra even if it wasn’t necessarily his doing. He just seems to really be starting his life again here, especially getting friends close to his own age after letting in his therapist. Power to you child.
Lisse (23) - I’m so glad to see Penny and them still together and off on this grand adventure. They’re both free from their districts and also seem to be starting a life of their own that they now actually get to choose. I love the vibe of starting over that this whole epilogue has and I think that theme is strong with this group. The found family continues and they get to go to the wedding. I hate weddings but fine this is cute.
Cal (22) - I fully forgot he got got this early on because I can remember so much about him and his plots. I like his found family vibes too with Iliara and later reuniting with Licia. Particularly him and Iliara are just teaching each other the things they have (Iliara with trusting someone and having a place ; Cal with dealing with anger, emotion through fighting). They just make each other better and seem to be doing really well with everything considered.
Rex (21) - Honestly I did not think you could make me like him at all but this ending for him just works. The play on him really just being a lost, angry kid is so well done and it also doesn’t ignore his past. The choice to pluck him fully from his district right away was genius and truly the best thing for him in this case. I hope that he’ll draw on the walls and make his room a home.
Oksana (20) - Gdi I love this girl so much and nothing at all has changed about that one. I feel like the vibe of her has almost flipped from her introduction where she was sad with glimmers of happy and is now happy with glimmers into the sad that still remains. Ambrose showing up with flowers was cute as always and her with Micah early on was obviously adorable. I hope she just has a great life okay I want that so badly for her.
Penny (19) - I’ve already touched on her but I will say she is a stand out in this found family. She just seems so uninhibited now in that child-like way I love to see. The haircut scene was just so cute and mundane but that’s what also made it really nice to read. They’re getting some semblance of normal and happiness even as they search the nation for adventure. The change is really the best thing for her and also never going back to D8 again.
Oriol (18) - I can’t honestly remember if I liked him but I do now for sure. He learned to stand up for himself even if it took a while and realized that him and his needs matter. The connection with his earlier scene was nice and we love to see families trying to correct their mistakes. Not only that but him making his sister some tea anyways was just sweet because it’s not obligatory. He still cares for his family and wants to help but just not have it be the auto expectation. I hope things keep getting better.
Licia (17) - I loved the detail about Roscoe talking to her like she’s an adult. It seems like what she needed was to have some say because she’s been stuck in that protector role forever yet still looked at as some kid. I love the idea of her going to live near Cal and Iliara I hope it happens or at least she visits. And then her brothers starting to take care of her a little with the nightmares and Licia realizing she can allow it sometimes. We love growth.
Veles (16) - He definitely fits the theme of starting over but I think so far he’s had the least happy of endings. Truth be told though I think he will be happier in the Capitol than he could have ever been staying under his family’s thumb particularly after his sister is getting the company. Him being largely ignored by the Capitolites is probably good for him too even if he wants to take that revenge on his family. Sort of hope he gets some of his own success but also I’m okay if that doesn’t happen.
Lex (15) - I’m glad she has someone to lean on at least a little bit now and I love the full circle of themes as well from where she started on that lake and where she ended. Its funny how it takes someone dying and coming back to really get their families and themselves to realize what’s important and I think Lex is a good example of both. I like that she went back to her hobbies and what makes her happy. Girl just move to D4 though maybe not because then you’d have to deal with them lol jk.
Mari (14) - Honestly I was very happy to see that the wedding wasn’t ruined by her leaving but also that’s sure to lead to some turmoil later. She needed that reality check badly and got it but somehow still came out very okay which ngl I would have liked to see her suffer a bit more for her mistake but I get it the epilogue is happy for now (I haven’t finished reading and I still am unsure I trust it’s staying this way(. That being said I do love this found family a lot and her friendship with Ren being so close is major cuteness. Also love that the group is back together again and just as sweet as ever.
Ren (13) - Okay him having friends and being so wanted in one place has me soft. I like that he’s leaned into trusting that Mari isn’t temporary and he deserves this so much. That and the fact that Mari had him right up there with Taryn says so much about their closeness. Their conversation was also sweet because they really did support each other through and after the games. We love to see it.
Devan (12) - I am so proud of my girl and honestly I can’t think of an ending that I would have preferred. She really was just some drunk delinquent looking for approval and now I think she’s just gained so much self assurance. Her punching Tristan like I’ve never been prouder I hope his nose is fucked up for life and the D4 dumbasses laugh forever. I’m so so so glad they’re going to go on adventures together and just be chaotic and happy. They both really just deserve that even if they’re going to eventually go to jail I guarantee it. This duo still has my whole heart and I don’t think that will ever change. I’m not going to get sappy on main but they mean the world to me and I’m so thankful that they live on. The world is not ready but I sure am.
Tella (11) - God this was so gay but I suppose that’s acceptable. Apartment hunting is just the most mundane thing and I think it was the perfect way to show how their life is changing. They both had so much pressure, so much chaos both in their pre-HG lives and in the games. Now they really do just have the time to go search for a place to live and just enjoy each other. The mirror section really showed how she changed and now we get to see how they changed. It’s nice fine okay I admit it.
Hosea (10) - He really went through THG and then said “lemme walk through hell again real quick”. That withdrawal shit was powerful and just showed how strong he’s become, not only that but how he’s allowed himself to rely on Galvin too for help. I also appreciate that he’s not suddenly cured of his addiction because that’s just real. The relationship with his mom now just seems so much healthier and I too am proud of him.
Varrik (9) - Him getting to finally go home had me soft because you could just see how much he wanted it.I love that she just lets herself in unless they lock her out it’s very her. God I knew she would do it and I’m proud that Lex made the journey down to visit both her sister and this man. You can just feel his happiness that she cared enough to find him and is taking that step towards friendship that he so wants. As unlikely of friends as they are I am still soft.
Velcro (8) - This is such an intriguing ending. She ended up doing something? Good? For not only herself but the other survivors and the government? If that isn’t growth I don’t know what is. It’s fascinating to see the change when she has a specific task and we saw it in the games as well. It’s such a difference from her intro and even the first few chapters past that as she got her bearings. I don’t trust that she’ll remain in good graces forever but for now will have to be good enough.
Casi (7) - Okay if Tella’s part was gay then this was extra super gay. She really is growing and learning to be comfortable just being human which was certainly not a thing in her past life. These two truly bring out the best in each other and we love to see it. Also conquering her trauma from the games slowly but surely? Proud of you.
Hale (6) - Even though his sections focused a lot on his brother’s progress, I think they show just as clearly his own. He’s softer, more open to acknowledging his feelings himself than he used to be. And less serious for sure which is highlighted in this section. He might not love having all the people around but it’s good for him even if he can’t remember their names. That last line also was just brilliant.
Micah (5) - I still hate how much I love this ship. Him being so stupid nervous to see Milo yet all but running off the train to see him was so in character and wholesome. I love that he is enjoying being home and that Milo is an added bonus to his life. God this was so gay but it’s my favourite and I will not elaborate. If Milo doesn’t move his ass in with Micah and his giant family I’ll riot.
Inara (4) - I think chaos is exactly what Inara wanted. From visiting the Sisters to grab her kids’ shit to now living with all of them and running the whole show, she just seems exasperated but so content in it. This is what she risked her life for and she is so appreciative even if the idea of that many people in one house let alone children makes me want to sprint away. I just think it’s neat that she did what she wanted to do, save the girls and also herself.
Ambrose (3) - I still have a bone to pick with this kid so part of me is okay with him suffering without a singing voice for a little. Still, I suppose since the damage he did was temporary I will accept that his voice can get better. I think him having the realization that singing on the streets makes him happy and not necessarily being famous was a nice one. It’s the opposite of Inara actually, where he did this whole thing to get something and then is now okay without it. It’s a nice contrast.
Milo (2) - Yeah I like them still and I’m so glad that Micah’s there. It feels fitting that they stayed in that house even with the option to go anywhere. So much of Milo was built on the trauma that he endured and it’s still a part of him now just in a less overbearing way. I wouldn’t say that he’s doing well but he’s surviving and he’s seeing the good in his life now. Fine I guess he can’t go move in with Micah so I supposed Micah has to move his whole family there now. I don’t make the rules.
Iliara (1) - I like that this took her back to what she ran away from and showed her being so peaceful within it. She took all these people who helped her and has just engrained them so well into her life. I think this beach scene was a great way to wrap up the tributes even though I now see there is more and I’m only slightly afraid. The final lines hit really well and were funny enough also a great summary of TC “No death. Only life”. If this next section says anything different I’ll be knocking on your door shortly.
Okay damn what an ending. It was nice to get that literal closure from this story from one of the people that opened it. The imagery was great and the way that Ferrox thought about the place had such finalty to it. This truly was an amazing ending games and I think that was shown in this epilogue really well. It’s a new start for the tributes and also for the nation because no more HG, this is it and all.
I did it. I've fulfilled my promise and I am so very tired but so happy I finally got the courage to read this. It was so much nicer than I thought and I’m only a little sorry for not trusting you. We love the gay representation and also the fact that chaos lives on through my daughter when I know in my heart that it shouldn’t. Looking forward to being utterly wrecked again in MVO and hopefully not taking a literal year the past completion date to finish reading it xo
Remus98 chapter 55 . 7/21/2021
We’re chug chug chugging along.

Velcra: remember the long spiel I went on about Velcra giving Ilaria a nickname and how mad it made me? I hope you don’t, now that I’ve learned that Ria is another person :skull: Anyway, moving on. I wonder what this ‘research’ is really about, but I sense it playing into the subplot in ways I have yet to uncover. That peacekeeper better kick her ass.

Ambrose: the operation went well! Though it was nice to hear about it in Oksana’s POV last chapter, it was a relief actually seeing Ambrose wake up from it. I’m enjoying the attitude he has towards it right now, being willing to wait for the time it needs to take and whatnot. “Whether he can sing or not, another song will be written regardless.” CHILLS!

Milo: brave and stupid is a valid combo I guess. Maybe it’s things Micah should start pulling on again though, and get to stepping, because something needs to happen in this relationship ASAP. You’ve been beating around the bush for long enough guys. The tension has been there for ages, do something about it. Kiss, fight, hug - just something! Please!

Casimira: oh no, not the tapes. It doesn’t necessarily surprise me that she watched them, but that doesn’t make it a good idea. I guess it could be therapeutic in a sense, she’s valid for wanting to see what her family said about her, but it hurts. So much. Tella’s presence definitely softened the blow a bit, as did her kisses. Hopefully it will help her move on.

Penelope: omg subplot! I said that sneaking out wasn’t a good idea, and whilst I stand by that in regards to Penny and Lisse, I as the reader was very intrigued by this shadow. Someone who knew what they were doing, huh? Is it the bomber coming back to the scene of their crime? I’m very interested to learn who did it, and why. What’s their agenda?

Slowly making my way to the end!
Josephm611 chapter 65 . 7/20/2021
omg last epilogue and it's ALL THE KIDS AHHHHHH i'll give each one one sentence to limit the length of this review bc i don't ahve the patience and if i tried to do all of them i might be grumpy at the end

seeing oksana finally settle into her own life and be happy with it makes me happy beyond compare.
AWWWW YES ambrose with his siblings is so accurate and i love them.
donatella's moving on!
I'm so proud of Milo for learning to let go and that makes the reunion all the more satisfying.
Ok i lied last time we saw Velcra, I'm happy to see her here.
YAY mAZZEN IS FREE FROM VELCRA
AHAHAHA DEVAN BACK AT IT AGAIN
OMG HAHAHAH VARRIK DOING A PUZZLE AND THEN GOING HOME YESSSSS
YEAH INARA GET 'EM I LOVE THIS going back for their sentimental stuff she's such a good mom
AWWWWW Rex is gonna live with Shoah and i'm so stupidly happy for him
yay for ilaria, isn't cal such a good brother figure?
and OMG cal moved in yessssss i love this, i'm so glad it happened, he deserves happiness
i love lex getting emotional, she's growing and getting better and it makes me happy
gosh veles is still terrible and the way he treats iva makes me angry
omg penny getting lisse to give her a haircut is the funniest thing i've seen in a while
OMG MICAH'S HOME AHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHH AHHHHHH AND REUNITED WITH FAMILY AHHHH
mari's life is so idyllic and calm and normal now, and I really do love it, she's grown up
AWWWW REN IS GOING TO MARI'S WEDDING THIS IS SO SWEET
lisse and penny are sticking together that's so adorable!
of COURSE hosea would go cold turkey because he wouldn't do it any other way, but I'm so proud of him for making it. funny how hosea tried to save galvin's life at some point and now galvin is saving his
ofc casi isn't over things because she isn't that type but i'm hopeful she'll get there someday
HALE AND ARLEY OUT ON A WALK YESSSSSS
AWWWWWWW licia letting herself be cared for AWWWW
OMG ORIOL DID IT HE DID IT I'M SO PROUD OF YOU ORIOLLLL

omg there's part two. i won't comment on these because... heck i'll comment on the ones i want to. sorry to everyone else.
mazzen's making friends!
OMG LISSE AND PENNY AND MARI ARE REUNITED
AHHH AWWWW CAL CALLS LICIA
OMG REX'S NEW LIFE AWWWWWW
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG AHHHHH EWOEBGWE OGBIEWLUBG IEWUGBIEWU IUWEBF UBWEUB IUWEB GUWEIUGWEUIGIUWEGUWEIUGWERGBWEIUFBWEUIF UIEW UIE FUIWE FIUWEBUIFB BIWEBVIUWEUIBUIEW BGUIBWEFUIEBWUIFBUIWEBFIUWBEUIFBWEUIFBEUFIBWEIUFB EWUIBFIU EWBFI OKSANA AND AMBROSE /ARE/ A THING AND HE BOUGHT HER FLOWERS AND I WANNA SCREAM I'M OBSESSED WITH THEM AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEFE FWEOIFGBWEOIOIWREGWEHIGOWEROIBOIWEIOGWEBUIGBWEOUIGWEUIOGVEWGOUEWGWEGYWEOHUIWEGIUEWBGIEWVGIUBWEIUGWEBIUGWEBUIFBWEIFUEWUIFHWEIUFBWEOIUE YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
PENNY AND LISSE ARE GOING TO MARI'S WEDDING THIS IS TOO CUTE
AND YESSS ORIOL i can just /feel/ the improvement emanating from this pov i adore it
OMG LICIA MOVING TO SIX WITH CAL I LOVE THIS AHAP EIO EWGIOEW
aiyah veles you suck
wth this was gorgeous. lex back on the lake, just like her intro, but she's a completely different perso now. i love it.
OMG MARI'S WEDDING THIS IS SO CUTEEEEE AWWWWWWWWWW
AND REN AWWWWWWWWWWWWW I have to keep from screaming bc it's midnight here but AWWWWWW
OMG DEVAN VISITING VARRIK I LOVE THEM
awwww apartment shopping! normal life! these kids deserve normal life.
AWWWWW look at Hosea being a good boy! he's such a good boy!
OMG VARRIK AND LEX AND THEY HUG AWWWWWW
i never thought velcra would have such a nice ending but i'm glad to see it
Awww CASI YOU'RE GETTING OVER THE PTSD YESSSSS GIRL
i like seeing hale around people. he might not like it, but it's good for it.
micah's visiting two!
inara and her kids!
YESSSSS AMBROSE IS PERFORMING AGAIN AND IT'S THE SONG HE WROTE WITH HIS SIBLINGS AND OKSANA IS THERE IN THE CROWD THIS IS SO SWEET I LOVE AMBROSE OKAY?
AND HAPPY MILO IS COMING BACK
AWWWWW ILARIA'S VISITING FOUR AGAIN THIS IS SO NICE

FERROX YES HE'S ALIVE
AND THAT ENDING.
I'M EMOTIONAL.
END.

I'm suddenly hit by a wave of emotion. I didn't I'd get so emotional. It's past midnight and I should've gone to bed two hours ago. But I'm emotional. We've finally reached Coda, and I'm glad it's /now/ and not before. Sure, I loved the story before, but it was the post-death stuff that really got me attached. So attached.

I think Ambrose is my favorite right now. Funny, ain't it? I liked him well enough back in the games (and I was usually Team Ambrose whenever he got into anything), but the more I saw him, the more I loved him. It's undeniable that he and I are such different people... but at the same time, I feel like... I /connected/ with him at a deeper level than I did with any of the other kids. Don't get me wrong, I love Micah and Oksana and Ren and all the soft and nice kids, but they don't resonate with me the way he has? I'm a musician. If I ever lost the ability to play the piano, I think it'd crush me. I completely relate to the feeling of wanting something but being obligated or pressured to not go for that thing. Even in some of his insecurities... I just /feel/ when I read him.

that's enough of my ambrose adoration. i've joked so much about reaching coda and wanting it all to just end. maybe it was partially out of a selfish annoyance of watching my review queue grow because you update so fast. but honestly. I'm sad to say goodbye. this fic has been part of my life for so long now and. it's just. weird to say goodbye. I'll miss all of them. Maybe even Veles, if I'm feeling extra sentimental.

i have to end this review or else i'll ramble on forever. thank you momo. thank you so much for this experience.
Josephm611 chapter 64 . 7/20/2021
epilogue ! .!

cambria...
ferrox isn't dead! good for him! i should've known. if they could piece veles back together why not ferrox? I wish them the best.

kiero...
awwww he's gonna escort micah home! i'm so glad to see these little continuations of the chapters before. it's sweet.

pandora...
proud of you, mrs. president. you've done well. I wish you the best with panem.

seren...
i am lost but it is sweet :heart:

atlas...
i finally realized the last names. i'm still confused but less so this time.
AWWWWWWW I LOVE THIS. THE FAMILIAL BOND NEVER FAILS I LOVE
Josephm611 chapter 63 . 7/20/2021
LAST GOODBYE CHAPTER I"M DOING THIS

milo...
i like this growth for milo :pleading_face:. for the longest time he didn't need anyone. but then micah broke through to him and he started becoming possessive almost, which was growth of sorts but it wasn't a good place to end. and now he's gonna let micah go home. that makes me happy, because that tells me that milo's gotten better, and i like that very much.

oksana... GIRL
AWWWWW after all that worrying about going home for Ambrose... it makes me so happy to see Ambrose reunited with his family. I love family reunion scenes so much, but this one's got me tearing up in a whole new way. especially when Ambrose goes over to his parents? And just. It's not perfect, but it's /happening/. I think there are parts of Ambrose's background that I just really relate to even though my family is so crazy different from his. So when he's going through such an emotional moment... I'm feeling so emotional too. I'm literally about to cry. Idk if I will bc the tears don't /spill/ easy but I'm definitely having a moment. And just. Oksana being there to help him through it and reassure him is just so AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i need to reread this pov i can't move on yet
gosh. i might as well be crying. the tears aren't flowing but I got that chill, that heavy breathing, everything else. gosh. i. i. can't. i'm full on having a moment and i don't know what to say. i feel like i shouldn't stop typing bc then i'd be wasting time but oh my goodness momo what have you done to me. i love this pov so much. it's probably my favorite so far.

ren... awwww i've missed you
AWWWWWW he and mari are visiting ! it's so happy! i love them! they are my absolute sunshine and i adore it.

penny...
i keep rereading the end of her pov because i'm just confused. i can't tell what' any of this is referencing. ik writer's are supposed to trust their readers to figure out the unsaid but i cannot for the life of me figure this out oops.

inara...
oh my goodness she got moved to the victor's village ! I love that! it's so wholesome! and she's with her kids and i love to see it. i do like kids so this got me :pleading_face:

CAL...
YOU GET HIM CAL. YOU COULD BEAT HIM UP AND I'D ROOT FOR YOU THE WHOLE DARN WAY. I love cal so much. i adore him. i'd def rank him among my favorite kids in this entire story. i'm so glad they're not dead? cause otherwise i wouldn't have had nearly enough cal content :pleading_face:

lex... HI
ok this sister bond is everything and it's so nice and sweet and i love reading about it? i like seeing lex happy. i like seeing lex growing up and maturing and improving and feeling better. and i like her admitting that she does like varrik. this pov was so ridiculously satisfying i love it

velcra... Hi.
I guess this is as good of an ending as I could ever have hoped for with Velcra. I'm glad. I'm glad that Velcra's abilities will be funneled into good instead of evil. It's better than anything I'd ever imagined. Goodbye, Velcra. I won't miss you much.

also i love sappy a/ns i love you momo
Josephm611 chapter 62 . 7/20/2021
on to the next one! i think i can finish tonight!

micah...
LOL AHA micahhhhhhhhhh you've changed too and idk what to feel about it bc he's not just a good boy anymore? sneaking out of your room? that's. certainly. not the original micah we met. but this was a happy pov so i'm willing to forgive that.

ambrose... OMG THE D1S
ok they are so sweet and i love them and i want them to be happy for the rest of their lives because they deserve every good thing that has ever happened.

licia... been a hot sec!
woah. she's small, but she's strong. she's really strong. and as much as my heart always aches for reconciliation, i'm proud of licia for being strong enough.

rex... HAPPY ENDING FOR REX?
when i started tc, i never once thought rex would get a redemption or salvation arc, but I'm so glad you served us one because this is one of the most wholesome things ever. something about how terrible he used to be just makes this ending all the more satisfying. i make the :pleading_face: every time he mentions how Shoah really cares.

hosea... hiiii my boy
GOSH I'M SO PROUD OF YOU. MY BOY I'M SO RIDICULOUSLY PROUD OF YOU. He's always been able to justify his alcoholism, but I'm so proud of him for finally realizing what it's /really/ doing to him and try to get better. If anyone could break an addiction by sheer willpower, it'd be him. YEAH BOY. I'm very happy :pleading_face:

mazzen... HEYYYY long time no see!
omg he found closure. that last word. free. it gave me chills. this was so good. just. mazzen YEA I LOVE IT GOOD JOB I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU

varrik...
AWWWWW THE D4S TALKING. I DIDN"T KNOW I NEEDED THIS IN MY LIFE UNTIL NOW BUT OH HOW I NEEDED THIS. I LOVE THEM NOW TOO. THEY'RE BOTH SO DUMB SOMETIMES BUT GAH ARE THEY WHOLESOME IN THEIR OWN SPECIAL WAY

casi...
gosh the trauma is SAD in it's own way. there's so much left open ended with these two, there's no clear future ahead. but it feels right, after all they've been through. it's ok not to have a clear ending. it's ok. and it's nice.
Josephm611 chapter 61 . 7/20/2021
hmm i wonder if i can finish tc reviews today

tella...
LOL casi falling asleep that is too funny. this pov felt very atmospheric. like. nothing happened. but it's such a vibe. and just /existing/ in the space and seeing things happen even if the things aren't really anything.

hale... HALE I'VE MISSED YOU HIIII OMG OMG OMG
AWWWW Arley's getting better! this makes me very happy bc Hale is a good boy and deserves good things to happen to him. I love this new life for him.

devan... HIIIIIIIIIIII
i love this. devan gre on me so hard throughout this story? when it started off, her povs made my head hurt. but she's matured so much. she's still got a fun-loving, people-oriented streak, but she's got a different air now. as sad as it partially is... it also feels... right. i'm happy for her.

veles... i want you to grow but i'm not optimistic
welp i was right. he's. veles. since when does veles grow for the better. goodbye and good riddance.

mari... AWWWWW BB GIRL HIIII
awwwww she and roarke are so cute together. she's also grown so much? i didn't like her in her intro either. but a lot of those rougher edges have been smoothed off and i really enjoy her character nowadays

oriol... hiiiiii
i just feel so bad for him with his family and all. i understand why he's done all those things and... it's so sad. watching him struggle really makes me sad. but i'm rooting for him. someday. it'll happen.

ilaria... ms victor!
AWWWWW ok I love ilaria and cal too. their friendship makes me so soft and happy inside and i adore reading their interactions and i'm so excited for cal's little bit if only because i want more cal content. cal-tent? cal content.

lisse...
this was pretty sad for a mostly happy string of povs. :(. she's changed too. and. it's sad. i'm really curious where this plotline is going though.
Josephm611 chapter 60 . 7/19/2021
and here we are, onto the 60s. i'm going for coda, though i probably won't do the last chapter because you deserve a nice last review and my mood today won't allow for one

ferrox... answers? finally?
he's getting stuff done? uh oh.
oH. so. he blows up the bomb. uh oh. hmm.

milo... i assume this is micah/milo
oh dang that went all the way up fAST.
and oH.
the way i had to reread the last few paragraphs like five times before i realized that it was referencing the bomb going off. i legit thought it was talking about the sunrise the whole time. blame me for being a terrible reader. ig i'm just used to half-reading, half-skimming /everything/ so when i read something with a lot of small details, i miss most of them.
heck i just reread half the pov and did not recognize 90% of it. what is wrong with me today.
ok milo denying that he asked micah to stay is so funny because that's basically what he did. forget what he said - heck, i don't remember what milo said - but i legit thought he was lying to tella about not asking micah to stay because he was so obviously asking micah to stay?
but oh dear what's happening next

NOISe PLOT THINGS
oh gosh they're all going out that's a terrible idea. why can't they just be safe and stay in the building and stop trying to get themselves in trouble.
obv it's because the plot is better this way but i'm shaking my head at these kids.

velcra...
ok they didn't run out good.
ugh i do not like velcra. but this was so satisfying having everyone be mean to her.
now that i put it like that i feel bad

seren...
welp rip ferrox. i still dk what to think about what you did.
i just don't know anything

actually, i do know one thing. and it's that i'll stop reviewing before this terrible mood ruins the rest of the good reviews you deserve. so. bye?

wait. three chapters before the epilogues? so. this is the end of the main story? uh.

idk what to think man i'm out
Josephm611 chapter 59 . 7/19/2021
hiii i'm back maybe i'll get through 3-4 chapters today? we shall see. i will not liveblog bc i don't have sprntathon scaring me it will go faster for me to just leave a few thoughts at the end

alexa...
AWWWWW ok lex being cold for almost the entire way was so on-point and so on-brand for her, but that last bit with her sister was so unexpectedly /emotional/ for lex and i really love that. also she's in total denial about varrik too but ig we'll see if that goes anywhere

lisse... PLoT THINGS PLoT THINGS i'm ready to be done with the slice of life things i just want plot
welp not plot things. they're just discovering that micah didn't go. (and i know about micalo it was one of the few spoilers i accidenatally saw so there's no intrigue now... not that there would've been. it's. honestly not too surprising). lowkey i would've liked micah to go home tho.

donatella... plot thingss? please?
ok it's just donatella realizing that things are up between milo and micah. but the two of them have acted like a couple for so long i'm honestly surprised i didn't expect it to go this way. uhhhhh

sorry i'm in a funny (or rather, a very decidedly /not/ funny) mood today. if i knew what was good for everyone i would stop trying to review but now that i'm going i just kinda want to get things done. umm... sorry? sorry that you're getting reviews like this, not sorry that i'm cutting into my review queue that keeps me up at night

oksana... i should be happy to see her but i am feeling devoid of emotion today i'm sorry girl
is oksana and ambrose a ship? i feel like i ask that question every time it comes up because i feel like it is one but also no one talks about it so it makes me second-guess everything. if it is, it's still my favorite (even knowing about micah/milo coming soon... sorry.) i simply love the d1s very much. well, i know i love them, even if i can't feel it today.

cambria... oh hello. lowkey most of the capitol staff have blended together for me oops
OH PLOT THINGS I'M INTERESTED NOW
actually i'm just confused because i remember nothing about all their relationships and who thinks what and why she wouldn't call seren normally or what ferrox might be up to. i'm just. completely confused.
dyloccupy chapter 65 . 7/19/2021
i adore you and this verse xxx

obvi you know how i feel, especially since i was an ugly simp in your channel but! i can’t believe we have reached the end of this beautiful journey ;-;

tysm for all the laughs, gasps, smiles, and tears xoxo
Remus98 chapter 54 . 7/19/2021
Hi! Grattis på födelsedagen :)

Callister: the visual of him eating breakfast, attempting to crack jokes, is quite adorable. Emmi should appreciate his humor more, even if it’s not the funniest out there. Oh well, guess everyone can’t be hot *and* funny. I digress. It’s going to be interesting seeing the Sixes go back home, seeing as both of them have such a conflicted view of the district. Hm.

Varrik: not this emotional ass goodbye, why would you do me like this. And why would the capitol not send them home together. I mean, I get why, but still, it hurts my heart too much. Ugh. Devan better find that phone, and she better call every day to check in on Varrik. Although we know from later in the chapter that her leaving led to something else…

Lisse: her and Penny make for quite the duo. I like them together, I really do, but being smart about things are neither of their strong suits. They let their guts guide them a little bit too much at times, because going back to the train station is about the last thing they should be doing. Someone better stop them before this gets out of hand, and quickly!

Ren: this is about the cutest thing I’ve ever read - I didn’t want it to stop. Maren has my entire heart, which you know, and seeing them visiting Mari’s home back in Nine just made my heart go UwU. I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Ren calling Mari his best friend, the descriptions of Roarke, everything was just perfect and precious and all I ever wanted.

Alexa: oh, what do we have here. Perhaps all it took was for Varrik to stop trying, because the moment he did Lex came for a surprise visit. I’m happy that she’s working through her problems, and that she’s come to a place where she feels comfortable talking to him. What’s the worst thing that could happen, indeed. Very curious to eventually find out.

Only ten chapters left, oop!
Josephm611 chapter 58 . 7/17/2021
one more chapter before sprntathon ends let's go

rex...
AHHHH REX AND SHOAH BEING WHOLESOME TOGETHER I LIKE IT. SHE'S HIS SURROGATE PARENT BECAUSE HE'S NEVER HAD A REAL PARENT. AND HE"S NOT FEELING THE URGE TO KILL PEOPLE I LOVE IT. HE'S BECOMING UNPSYCHO. I HAVE LITERALLY NEVER SEEN THAT ARC BEFORE IN AN SYOT SO I'M MAJOR HYPED
OMG HE WANTS TO STAY. AND SHE LETS HIM STAY. THIS IS SO WHOLESOME I'M SO HAPPY I LOVE IT yES PLEASE I LOVE IT SO MUCH WHOLESOME REX I'M SO HERE FOR IT
WHY AM I HERE RANTING ABOUT REX. I NEVER THOUGHT THIS DAY WOULD COME BUT IT'S HERE I LVOE IT MOMO I LOVE YOU MOMO THANK YOU FOR THIS

varrik... more plot things? :eyes:
OH GOSH lex is leaving. i know it's good for her but it can't be good for varrik. she's a source of stability for his capricious nature.
this goodbye is so /lex/ but it's also wholesome in a subtle way and i'm here for it.
she's smiling.
his heart aches.

casi... PLOT THINGS
oh gosh the trauma of the arena THAT'S SO SAD. i forget that casi is older. tella just feels older for some reason.
ok maybe it's just them being wholesome but I'm ok with that too

micah... PLOT THINGS?
HE'S GOING HOME. AND SO IS OKSANA. AHHHHHH. ok this kinda hurts because we haven't heard from any of the kids that've gone home since they left and idk if i want to say goodbye to these two PRECIOUS KIDS
wait was it only micah
wait milo is here
oh gosh micah is staying isn't he. didn't i call it a few chapters back.
aiyahhhh

my reviews are getting shorter i'm running out of things to say

ATLAS WHO ARE YOU ARE YOU EVIL

altas...
is he evil? so he's rich? bruh i just have questions. i fear he's evil. at least his mother and sister aren't. but him uh oh... i'm getting evil vibes but maybe i'm just paranoid.
but eavesdropping.
bruh momo why did you just introduce this character and tell us so much and so little at the exact same time. it's frustrating, you know? i would like to know what's happening, thank you.

but for now i'm all out of words so i'll leave it. i've hit review fatigue and it's probably best if i don't say anything more lol

only seven more chapters left! that's... two more review sessions! hopefully i'll be caught up soon.
Josephm611 chapter 57 . 7/17/2021
OMG PENNY FIRST POV IT'S PLOT THINGS YESSSSSS I LOVE THIS

penny...
oh gosh they're ALL sneaking out? penny and lisse was one thing. now MICAH AND MILO AND TELLA AND CASI WHY. THIS IS GOING TO BE SUCH A DISASTER.
gosh couldn't they have just told vance. *sigh* i suppose this /is/ and story and it /is/ more exciting this way but i'm smh-ing.
oh gosh casi isn't even trying to be quiet GIRL you'll mess everything up. not that it hasn't already been messed up.
AND THE POV ENDS

AND MILO HAS THE NEXT ONE

milo...
oh gosh we're getting that d2 and d11 alliance interaction again and it isn't pleasant in the slightest. feels like the arena all over again. and casi makes me very concerned.
i hate the bickering. no me gusta para nada. 我一点都不喜欢。
and there's a figure! PLOT TINGS

NOT A VELCRA POV. WAS IT VELCRA? WASN'T SHE MY FIRST SUSPICION? AND OH NO THIS IS GOING TO BE SUCH A BIG MISUNDERSTANDING

velcra...
oh whew it wasn't her. her research is online, not in person. BUT GOSH THAT CLIFFHANGER FORM THE LAST POV.
lol her mentor knows exactly what velcra's up to. get 'er, ria.
capitol groups! that want the games! don't like the resurrection!
lol velcra is being such an antihero and i am here for it. better than being a villain.
yesss they're working together! i've never been so happy with a velcra pov before thank you momo

ambrose...is it wholesome time?
sleeping all day is exhausting, I agree. and awww oksana sneaking in and getting shocked. she's adorable. i love her so much.
oh dear something's wrong. is it plot things. are all the remaining kids gonna get wrapped up in this mess?
IT IS PLOT THINGS OMG. I'M GLAD BUT ALSO SO SCARED I DON'T WANT AMBROSE TO LOSE HIS VOICE.
AWWWW AND HE COMFORTS HER. IDK IF THIS PAIR IS MEANT TO BE ROMANTIC BUT IF THEY WERE I'D SHIP THE HECK OUTTA THEM I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. I LOVE IT

PANDORA WHAT'S GOING ON

pandora...
soran! sorry i forgot what district he was or his details. i'll figure it out. brother? but also victor? sorry ahhhh
and they know about the missing kids! And they've told someone yes! and they have velcra's information! stuff is coming together!
THERE IS PROGRESS I LOVE IT
Josephm611 chapter 56 . 7/17/2021
THAT CHAPTER TITLE

micah...
LOL micah is taking milo out for a walk this is lowkey kinda hilarious ARE THERE PLOT THINGS HAPPENING YET I WANT PLOT THINGS esp after that penny and lisse bit last chapter.
wait micah's going home? would he stay for milo. he would stay for milo. idk which i'd prefer bc micah has a a happy wholesome family
whew ok maybe i am glad that micah's not staying. i want happy rossier reunion

donatella...
oh gosh casi won't stop watching that thing why. and protective!tella has been triggered. it's like casi is trying to hurt herself over and over again.
woah this little bit about armina. maybe i'd forgotten because of time, but i think i'm hearing guilt over not having done a better job protecting her sister and GOSH is that sad, esp for me as an older brother.
gosh they fit each other's needs so well

oksana...
clumsy oksana :pleading_face:
LOL she's trying to act nonchalant the more I read about her the more I love her. and she turns too fast. there is zero way she's pulling off nonchalant.
Good mentor Dimara
AND BIG D1 HUG YESSS IT'S SO PRECIOUS AWWWW AHHHH I LOVE THEM SO MUCH THIS MIGHT BE MY FAVORITE FRIENDSHIP IN THIS ENTIRE STORY I LOVE AND ADORE THE D1S.
"I'm glad you didn't leave me" AWWWWWW AMBROSE AHHHHH THIS POV HAS ME COMPLETELY HEAD OVER HEELS IS TOTAL :pleading_face:

varrik... sorry bro you do be growing on me but there's no way you can beat the d1s
what the heck varrik why do you keep watching that footage. just thinking about it makes me squeamish this is messed up. please let there be plot things i need plot things
AYE IT'S LEX YAY
i love how lex is ordering him to spend him time in a better way because she would totally do that. this is lex's positive side. responsible. i love that in a character (zero surprise to literally anyone that knows me).
ok no plot things but they are nice.

lisse... IT'S HER IT'S GOTTA BE PLOT THINGS
oh gosh they're scared they're QUIET quiet!lisse scares me too. when is she ever quiet.
good girl lisse telling someone is the right thign to do. sure beats holding it in and living in constant fear alone. i'm proud of you.
OMG MICAH AND MILO ARE STILL HERE WASN'T I JUST ASKING FOR PLOT THINGS IN THE MICAH POV? I HAVE BEEN SERVED YES
GAH AND IT ENDS HERE I BETTER GET MORE ANSWERS NEXT CHAPTER