Reviews for The Long Way Home
Aemilia Rose chapter 13 . 6/30/2003
Go Sayeed! Help our Sam!

Please let Sam be rescued in the chapter! I don't want Sam to suffer much longer! The poor sweetie!

Update soon!
Samwise the Strong chapter 13 . 6/29/2003
Hey m8! Cant't wait till Sam escapes. I totally love this Story! keep it up!
Mint Sauce chapter 12 . 6/29/2003
Hey, it's me... stupid site won't let me log in. Humph.

Anyhoo! You didn't tell me you had a new one! I'm so happy! _

This is a simply fantastic story! Sam's trials and whatnot are incredibly realistic and believable, to the point of my squirming in my seat for my poor beloved hobbit! You are a wondrously skilled writer. Keep it up, I order you! These are the best Sam-angst stories I've ever seen.

I love all the characterization... Sayeed is a great character, and the Battle Master is one of those you love to hate. Bah! I hope Damrod can help him... this is an enthralling read and I hope there's more to come! As always, I bow down to thee. ;-)

Minty
Actias luna chapter 12 . 6/27/2003
Poor Sam!

I like that he talks to Mr. Frodo. That seems right.

Looking forward to more. I do hope Damrod is able to rescue him. I wonder if the emperor will be open to peace.
Irish Flying Fish chapter 12 . 6/27/2003
WOW! What an awesome story! Usually I don't go for angst/drama stories, but this one is really really good. I liked your take on the ending from Mt. Doom and how you keep checking in on the Fellowship in Gondor. You have done an excellent job of portraying the characters as they are in the books, which is difficult, but makes the story far more enjoyable. The only thing that I found a little distracting was all the description during Sam's travels with the Haradrim soldiers, although I realize some description was necessary for the setting. Also, no spelling mistakes! Thanks for an incredible fic! I can't wait for chapter 13!
Senni chapter 12 . 6/27/2003
Yay! I really like this sotry, but I also really want Sam to go home. :) Update soon, please. :)
Aemilia Rose chapter 12 . 6/26/2003
Damrod! Bless him! I could just KISS him! Well, at least after I gave Sam the hug he needs so badly. I almost thought he was going to be okay! He would have been if he stayed with Sayeed and Captain Fahim. Then along comes the stupid Battle Master whats his face. Now our poor dear sweet Sam is a slave! Have Damrod help him soon! I can hardly bear to see our lovable Sam enduring such torture!
Amrunofthesummercountry chapter 12 . 6/26/2003
Aha! So that's how you update so quickly! Its a rather good idea you have, one that perhaps I should take to heart...I know my reviewers get ansy after waiting a month for a chapter...

Anywho, Damrod! Yeah! Get your Gondorian butt back to Faramir and tell him (and Frodo!) what happened...but wait, get Sam first. ::sob:: My poor Sam...
Kay chapter 12 . 6/26/2003
Oh my goodness, Yellowrose! I'm on the edge of my seat here! Sam is recognized! How exciting! And yes, it does sound as if he needs to be rescued quickly. It's awful how cruel they're being to him. If only they knew what they owe him and Frodo!

I'll be going on vacation Saturday morning. If you don't get a chance to update by then, I'll be checking on this story as soon as I get back! Thanks again for this good, good tale!
Samwise The Strong chapter 11 . 6/23/2003
OMG! This chhapter is so magnificent! I love this story so much! TY a million times over for making this the best story, but I do hope Sam escapes soon.

Samwise The Strong
Amrunofthesummercountry chapter 11 . 6/23/2003
Argh! ::grabs Battle Master and starts shaking him:: Stupid, lousy, little...

::ahem:: There now, much better. I daresay that this chapter was very good. I felt Sam's disappointment right down the bottom of my stomach. Someone will help him, right? Sayeed? The captain? Eowyn? Faramir? Aragorn? Gandalf? I don't know, Ted Sandyman? Anybody!

I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate the frequent updates.

...Perhaps I could take a lesson from you. ::Looks sheepishly at Simple and Clean which hasn't been updated for a month:: ::whistles nonchalantly::
Kay chapter 11 . 6/23/2003
Oh no! So close to freedom, and now sentenced to a life of slavery! Poor, poor Samwise! This just keeps getting more intriguing. BTW, Yellowrose, your frequent updates are wonderful!
Aemilia Rose chapter 10 . 6/23/2003
No Frodo! Sam's alive! He is!

Aw, you've got to reunite Sam with his Hobbit buddies soon!

(I don't like the looks of that war master!)

Update soon!
Amrunofthesummercountry chapter 10 . 6/22/2003
Ai! Frodo! Its good to see him again. What you said about him dreaming of Sam returning on a black horse (foreshadowing, perhaps?) and then waiting for him for hours...brought tears to my eyes.

I do feel a little guilty, because I (knowing, of course, that Sam is NOT dead) kept wanting to scream at the computer screen "Don't you forget him, Frodo Baggins!" ...I will be alright, don't worry...
Samwise the Strong chapter 10 . 6/21/2003
Hi. Great Story, man! Can't wait to find out what happens next. For your first story you are doing very well. Keep up the good work, m8!
82 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »