Reviews for The Unexpected Friend
Kawisdom chapter 36 . 9/16
By this final chapter, your writing smoothed out a lot and the story is very compelling. It's a shame this'll probably never be finished. While I'm certain Harry will make it back to Hogwarts, I wonder if Snape will survive getting him there. I would have loved to see where you were going with this and the subplots.
Kawisdom chapter 25 . 9/16
Harry and Snape really have to earn anything resembling a break in this story, don't they? I like Phaedrus. He seems like a good man and probably lives in the back of beyond so he won't hurt anybody. I doubt he ever expected to have Death Eater neighbors and the trouble they bring. I expect Snape to survive because he's the main character, but you aren't going easy on the guy.
PS I don't mind an alternative origin. The werewolf attack is actually a strong motive for his suspicions about Lupin. I'm not sure how much else differs from canon, but his ability to work with James while they retained their mutual loathing impressed me with both their maturity. They knew that they had bigger fish to fry.
Kawisdom chapter 12 . 9/16
As of chapter 12. This gets better as you go. Lucius's torn loyalties seem like Snape's only chance of survival at the moment. The last bit sounded like a true Snape line: Shut up so I can save you. (And all with no interest in his own survival.)
Shame u ended it
KillUmbridge chapter 4 . 6/25
See above
tigerlily124 chapter 36 . 6/11
Some day, I hope you finish this! It’s really good! I have SO many great stories that are unfinished. I’ll add this one to my watch list too.
tigerlily124 chapter 9 . 6/2
Great chapter!
tigerlily124 chapter 8 . 6/1
Good for Severus!
tigerlily124 chapter 7 . 6/1
Good thing Harry got Ron loose. Another “spare”. Great job!
tigerlily124 chapter 6 . 6/1
Damn. I wish he’d thought to send a patronus first. Great chapter!
Guest chapter 36 . 12/15/2017
Would you please restart this fix? It's amazing!
Rebekahguzzetta chapter 36 . 12/13/2017
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PICK UP YOUR STORY AGAIN. IT'S AWESOME
Rebekahguzzetta chapter 30 . 12/13/2017
I just found your fanfic but since I found it I just can't stop reading! Its amazing I hope that its finished and not dropped.
Guest chapter 9 . 10/27/2017
I believe you mean Sense and Sensibility
DrWhohouselock221b chapter 36 . 5/31/2017
This was such a good story... sorry to see it incomplete. If you ever get the chance to write again, I would love dearly to see this story finished.