Reviews for The Soaring and the Mysteries
Cliffhanger! Thank you for the update!
Haruto Yuzuki chapter 1 . 1/18
Before I even start this chapter, I read your Profile and just wanted to say, Thankyou for your Services
IcyForest chapter 11 . 1/9
“As much as I may wish to see my father again, I would not change a thing if it would mean losing you.” I am definitely NOT crying... Okay, maybe a little bit, but gods, Astrid is just soooo lucky to have an amazing man like him! (Still, RIP Stoick)

I liked Alvin’s new nickname! It definitely fits him lol! And Hiccup still being an awkward guy around anyone, especially visitors, even if he’s the chief already,is just so accurate of his character!
IcyForest chapter 10 . 1/9
Awww, I’m so happy for them in this one! No more painful memories to be associated with Aurvandil’s Fire, just good and memorable ones!

They both deserved it, especially Astrid, after what had happened to her uncle years ago!
IcyForest chapter 9 . 1/8
Really enjoyed reading this! I just loved how romantic and sweet this is (and also freezing because oh my god, they shouldn’t be doing that out in the open while it’s snowing lmaoo)

You didn’t just make it out like they happily crossed the line and had a wonderful sex; you wrote it with the intent as if they were making love and I loved that so so much!

And the fluff at the end! Aaaaa! I just can’t! They’re so adorable!
IcyForest chapter 8 . 1/8
Well things are getting more and more interesting! They’re ready to cross the line! Finally!
IcyForest chapter 7 . 1/8
Lmaoo, I like how Hiccup enjoys dropping cheesy yet sweet comments with her!

It’s always been one of my headcanons of mine as well, since this side of him wasn’t shown in the series/movieshim being so good in making Astrid roll her eyes and also blush with his sweet, honey words made his character even more goofy and charming, especially with how much of a hopeless romantic he was around her, which I liked a lot!

And aww, their song just keeps getting better and better! I really hope there’s gonna be a wedding scene in this fic where they’ll sing their own song infront of everyone!
IcyForest chapter 6 . 1/8
Oh my gods! So that’s why the fic is titled as “The Soaring and the Mysteries”! That’s awesome! And yesss! I loved their own song so soo much!

And I’m really glad they talked things out first like the responsible adults they are without jumping right into the action! It’s going to be a memorable, intimate moment to them, and I can already see it!
IcyForest chapter 5 . 1/7
I really love how you wroteValka and Astrid’s relationship! It’s just so sad we didn’t get enough scenes of them interacting in the movies! And although we did get one, it was only a deleted sceneAnd speaking of Astrid singing, it sucks that we didn’t get to hear her sing in RTTE! Only three seconds of her singing one line before it got drowned out by the others, ughh!

But anyways, I’m very excited to read more! Can’t wait to see what they’ll come up with for their song!
IcyForest chapter 4 . 1/7
Aaaaa this hurts me so much! Hiccup singing the song to Astrid while she listened is just so beautiful, I can’t— I miss Stoick so much! Him dying minutes later after their last dance was soo unfair!

Oh, okay! So RTTE did happen in this fic! And Hiccup is such a sweet guy! He really gave her another gift because he loved her so much, aaaaa! I am totally loving this fic so far!
IcyForest chapter 3 . 1/7
This chapter was such a nice nod to Stoick’s quote on Gift of the Night Fury where they celebrate one’s passing! I like how you made it as their ‘culture’ as well!

And aww! I love their gift exchanging so much! But I’m curious though, didn’t Hiccup already gave Astrid a betrothal gift in the series? Or did he just make another one for her?

Or maybe it’ll be explained in the next chapter. I should probably continue reading on, lol!
IcyForest chapter 2 . 1/7
Normally, I prefer reading fics in third POV because it’s easier to read everyone’s thoughts in that perspective, but I gotta say, this was refreshing to read! Well, you did say in the summary that the fic will follow their story, so I appreciate that we get to see what goes on in their lives when they’re separated through their perspectives!

“It isn’t our song, but I’d sing it to her.” That line! I loved that line so so much! Everyone knows that For the Dancing and the Dreaming is a Stalka song, but I love it it even more when Hiccstrid would sing it as well, be it in fanfics or fanarts!

AAAA I can’t wait to find out what Astrid’s gift to Hiccup would be!
IcyForest chapter 1 . 1/7
Finally got the time to read this (even though you’re 70 chapters in by now) but holy crap, this is beautiful! The way you wrote them and articulated their thoughts in their own POVs is just so amazing! I just don’t understand why this isn’t getting enough reviews and attention it deserved?

Since I just started reading this, I’ll try to review in almost every chapter and express my thoughts and feelings about it because you’re an amazing writer who is consistently updating this fic and you deserved it for writing such a masterpiece like this! It’s been awhile since I read a beautiful post-HTTYD2 multi-chaptered fic because the last time I did was ages ago! I need more HTTYD2-3 hiccstrid fics! Soooo excited to see where this is going! :D
crocodilesmile55 chapter 74 . 12/30/2020
Do a love scene for fishlegs and heather with fishlegs fainting twice when he sees heather naked. Also I really love your story keep it up I can't wait for the hidden world.
crocodilesmile55 chapter 72 . 12/23/2020
I say fishlegs and heather those two were made for each other. Please put them together.