Reviews for A Cadmean Victory Remastered
I like this so much, when I last checked I was at chapter 18
Leggo16 chapter 1 . 5/7
WELCOME BACK YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARD
BeeeTeee chapter 67 . 5/5
The one sided romance is a bit more overt in the rewrite. there's potential for a bit more drama in this iteration of the story, which I'm all for as long as it somehow avoids the previous bad ending for Katie ..
BeeeTeee chapter 64 . 5/5
Unfortunate that the original Katie Bell joke was taken out in the rewrite. it always made me cackle no matter how many times I'd read it, but I suppose having it be Gabrielle instead was in better taste.
Atrophic chapter 122 . 4/30
I've just finished reading the remaster - it's an amazing piece, and most of it is better than the original though I wanted to point out some changes that may be small but I felt were for the worse:

1) Harry kissing Katie one last time in the Hospital Wing
I felt this was a very good moment in the original, and I really liked the love triangle that was going on. It was an example of a complex situation which I don't see often in fanfiction, and that was the perfect way to wrap it up. Part of the reason you dropped it may be so that Harry's obsession with his perfect dream shines through more as an overarching theme, but I greatly preferred the original.

2)Dumbledore's death and his hope for Harry in his dying moments
Dumbledore's death scene in the original fic was one of the most hard-hitting scenes in fanfiction, where the evil Dumbledore trope is flipped on its head and Harry realises that he made a mistake and killed a good man due to his own fear and obsession, and Dumbledore's understanding and forgiveness in his last moments is much more touching than the despair he shows here and I liked the concept of a good Dumbledore being mistaken for an evil one. You keep some of it here, showing that he still wanted Harry to live, but the tone of the scene is greatly changed.
Now Account chapter 122 . 4/28
You know, I read this whole thing in one (work) week. And what a ride it was. You only realize how hooked you are when you're suddenly 20 chapters further than when you were last aware of the chapter counter. Damn. Amazing. Cheers.

I had this on my radar for a while and wanted to wait for it to be finished. About at chapter 90 I realized that it definitely won't be finished nicely in this fic. But to leave us hanging like that. That's cold! Thank god there is the first chapter of the sequel, however twisted it is. Of course, I've read it already.
Black Doberman chapter 1 . 4/26
so i wont lie, when i first started this i thought it was ok, but i continued to read and i must say that i really found that i liked it. the ups and downs had me coming back everytime when other stories kind of made me not want to read them. overall I think it was really well done.

however... i am thankful in the fact that im not the only one confused about the ending. it seeemed extremely rushed, and all over the place. it also seem to hint at the idea that it was possible to bring back harry when there was no such suggestion before. unless you were planning on doing a sequel. which i dont think you should, I like authors that play with the idea of a not so happy ending as it changes expectations. i just think that 121 and 122 could have been done better.

overall very good story and if you write another or is the process of writing another story ill check it out. keep on writing bangers my guy/girl
ArachnidHiveMind chapter 122 . 4/23
Like really sad
ArachnidHiveMind chapter 122 . 4/23
Sad
ArachnidHiveMind chapter 121 . 4/23
Fuck you in the ass that a horrible way to end the story (haven’t actually read this chapter yet)
ArachnidHiveMind chapter 106 . 4/23
Crossing my fingers hoping Katie doesn’t die
ArachnidHiveMind chapter 86 . 4/23
Bro the blood adoption bit, that almost killed me. It’s sooo accurate
ArachnidHiveMind chapter 74 . 4/22
Awwwwwwwww nooooooo belllaaaaaaaaaaa! Whyyyyyyyyyy!
ArachnidHiveMind chapter 68 . 4/22