Reviews for Public Agendas and Private Hells
Guest chapter 33 . 6/29/2012
Hi
My name is Kate my email is . I have read all three of your stories about Evangeline and Snape. I couldn't stop reading! I have really enjoyed them. I would love to read any more about them that you have written. Did you write another story about them?

I just wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed your writing. I have loved every minute of every chapter. This final story had me in tears many times. I was so worried that they were not going to end up together that I almost got scared to read further (at chapter 20). You made the characters so wonderfully real. I hated to see Snape die at the end of the Deathly Hallows. I wanted him to find love so badly. So I'm going to imagine him with your Evangeline - and hope they found a happily ever after in the end.

Thank you for all of your hard work! You are a talented writer!
I'm on facebook if you don't mind me following you I'd love a friend request. Just let me know that you're Shadowycat! I'm under the name Kate Wiant.

Take care,
Katie
Sweet Shy Suz chapter 33 . 3/1/2011
Oh such a tear jerker! I cried through at least ever chapter at least twice. I am glad it had a happy ending!
Persephone Lupin chapter 1 . 12/24/2004
Argh, you really did shock me with that first chapter, and I'm usually not easily shocked (as you might see if you read my story 'Trapped', there, too, is a rather grisely parcel ...). I was so glad that head turned out to be fake, sigh. And a nice happy ending, only the 'and they lived happily ever after' is missing ... Thank you for a great read!
Livy chapter 12 . 12/14/2004
i know it's a bit too late to review as the story was written a year ago but NO HOW DARE YOU MAKE LUPIN AND ANGEL TOGETHER! NO! I JUZ CANT WAIT TO READ THE ENDING!ARRH! ITS SO GOD!
EriksKitty chapter 33 . 12/6/2004
I'm dying to know firsthand what all the students think of Snape coming back and getting what they all think he's wanted for years. Imagine the groans. Harry and Neville might finally be able to show him a thing or two outside of the oppressive potions environment. And that portrait of Snape should definitely come back. You know, when you first said it was missing from the bedroom, I thought you might have had her give it to Minerva. Should have known she wouldn't let her husband out of her sight for long, even if she did think he was dead. I'd like a naked animated Snape I could visit any time I wanted *lol*. Did she paint clothes on him, or did she just bring some of Severus's own clothes into the painting and tell him to get dressed? I know the people in paintings can get drunk and visit each other, can they strip too? *smirk*

And early on, I was thinking, what if , in her grief, she followed her father's research and somehow brought Severus back to life from the painting, and then it would be all confusing because there'd be two of them around. How does one act with an animated portrait of oneself?

Er, right nuff about the portraits. I guess I should get to the long delayed task of constructive criticism, and this probably goes for the whole trilogy; I was just too absorbed into the story to worry about it at the time. You have a definite fragment problem, something I feel would be solved most times if you connected the sentence just previous to the fragment with a comma instead of putting a period there. And sometimes I thought the dialogue was too wordy, as if the characters always gave speeches and the other characters never thought to interrupt them. Or maybe I'm just weird because I come from a family where people just naturally butt in whether the other person was finished speaking or not. There were some minor misspelling/tense problems.

Other than that, good story. I hope you return to this universe sometime. I know I will.

*looks at time* [expletive deleted] *moans* I've got a test in less then five and a half hours. 9am classes are evil; then again, 8am finals on Saturday mornings are worse. My friend tells me to pull the Jewish card and say that it's against my religion to have a final on a Saturday. *smirks* Maybe.

~ Kitty -.-

PS I vaguely recall through the mist talk of Spock, McCoy, and Star Trek novels: another passion of mine. I'm trying to buld up my own Star Trek collection. Maybe you could give me some helpful pointers *grin*
EriksKitty chapter 12 . 12/5/2004
*sob* NO!

Erm, I'd say keep writing and ignore me, but as you've finished, I'll just return to the story.

I hope your life has lightened up and gained some humour since *checks* a year ago. I find humour is a necessary way to endure any situation.

Of course, my interest is selfish, since, directly prior to reading your Severus/Evangeline stories, I had been looking for some Severus/Minerva.

Anywhosit, I've been denying nature's call for way to long, and maybe I'll even eat something before continuing. *gazes longingly at Window* Then again, perhaps not.

~ Kitty -.-
KTPOTTER chapter 33 . 4/12/2004
wow...that was...just...wow. I've been reading this trilogy for a while and it's developing and turing into this awesome story. My heart went from happy to angsty to happy again. You are an awesome writter. Can you read my stories and critic them? I'm working on the mary sue one, so don't be too harsh...Thanks!
Welshwitch-star chapter 33 . 3/23/2004
Dearest Shadowy cat,
I managed to read the last 13 chapters in one day, illegally during work. Sshht, don’t tell anyone. ;-)
I enjoyed the previous two stories, but I liked the tone and atmosphere of this one especially. Maybe because it’s a lot darker and I like it dark…
Because I have already read so much about Evangeline it’s very painful to see her suffer. Luckily it turned out okay, but last night I had difficulties finding sleep. Somehow this story stirred a well of emotions in me and it evoked quite some tears. I thank you dearly for that because it was, somehow, a release for me, and I’m glad that one of my friends could do that for me in this special way, through your writing.
Evangeline has become like a dear friend almost and her pain and grief were painful to experience. Especially at moments she couldn’t hold herself like in Severus’ rooms and the first night Remus came to the cottage. I can only imagine what it would feel like to loose a loved one and a child and through Evangeline I was able to experience it through her.
Although very understandable it was heart wrenching to see Snape reject her. I could barely take the intensity. I believed Snapes’ thoughts about his body were very realistic. It must have taken all his strength to turn Evangeline down. Necessary for the story but for me it was torture :-)
But I love what you are able to make me feel. Many published writers are not capable to keep me glued to their words.
And then… Lucius! AARRGGH
Personally I love Lucius in a story, and yours was wicked.
Finally their reunion was worth all the agony and trouble and waiting. Their lovemaking was sweet and it was good that they found each other again.
A scene that really touched me was naming their child and honoring it with names from both their families.
The Slytherin room was very beautiful especially when it mourned.
During the story I had trouble liking Remus but I could surely understand his feelings. Especially when he went to collect his things from the cottage and cried, sitting against the bed. I did snort with laughter about how Snapes’ portrait spoke to him, that was humorous. I’m glad you decided to let it end somewhat positively and hopeful for him. I found Remus and Evangeline’s goodbye a very beautiful scene. I’m glad they could have that moment together. And meeting Eleanor that way gives him new hope and a new future.
Well that’s it… hope you found my review somewhat valuable, I merely wanted to let you know that I have enjoyed your writing and your story. Thank you.
RivanKnight chapter 33 . 1/8/2004
hey there!
yep, read all 33 chaps in a row. it was definitely a roller coaster ride for me! hell, i almost fainted when i came to the part of severus's severed head! gawd.. it was a shock but i knew you aint that cruel to sevvie eh? ;)
sad bit about remus, the poor lovesick were. the ending sure seems hopeful for him. perhaps he will find love in eleanor!
happy to find sev n angel back together once more after such an emotional war. (lucius IS dead right? i hope so ;p)
gonna miss this fic alot and the characters in it. you are a brilliant ficcer and im glad i spotted this fic :)
ciaoz now
RK
BookWitch chapter 33 . 1/1/2004
Sorry for not reviewing for a time. I got a job and had to move house had no access to the internet there (and I did not dare to read fanfiction at work). I like the ending of the story which leaves some space for imagination of further development of the characters (or even a sequel?). The werewolf getting drunk and the conversation was very funny but also quite sad, but I can imagine that he will have a chance to settle down (in a job and perhaps a relationship).
Annie Black chapter 3 . 12/28/2003
Dear Shadowycat,
I just wanted to tell you how wonderful I think your story is, I am currently only half way through it, but it's awesome. I laughed, I cried, I felt the emotions of the characters. Your a brilliant please keep on writing.
Annie Black
Werecat99 chapter 33 . 12/26/2003
Loved the title, to start with. It really made me chuckle.
and this chapter was surprisingly light-hearted, even with a drunk werewolf.
A technicality: Usually, epilogues are supposed to be shorter. I think that this qualifies as a full chapter, but that might just be my idea.
Overall, this was a great read and a lovely story. It did have some soap-operish qualities and a touch of melodrama, but this is not necessarily a bad thing. It's the use of language, the respect for the characters and the true talent that bind a story together and turn it to a jewel.
(In a few words, I liked it).
Happy holidays!
Werecat99 chapter 32 . 12/26/2003
I liked that. And perhaps the most touching moment was after Evengeline parted with Lupin, when Snape said that he'd be "all right". I really loved that.
Whale of the World chapter 33 . 12/17/2003
A most fitting ending. Indeed, very hopeful. Hope you do write something soon - it's so great to read your stuff! Thanks for a great story.
Nataly Ravenlock chapter 33 . 12/17/2003
The was a nice ending. I could see a sequal bridging off this about Remus with his new job and maybe a romance with Eleanor...just an idea but it would be interesting. Awesome, as always.