Reviews for Much Handled Photograph
Lady Razorsharp chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
Aw! Very sweet.
Haley Moore chapter 1 . 2/26/2005
I Loved the whole thing! the storyplot was awsome! I hope you'll do more with this story.
sharchik chapter 1 . 6/12/2004
As someone who is a Sherlock Holmes "addict" and an avid reader of the Mary Russell stories, I have to say that this fits perfectly! You've captured some of the "official" WSB_G biography, and put enough of a spin on it to make it very plausible. Nicely done!
HG Wannabe chapter 1 . 4/24/2004
I love these books, and I'm actually in the process of writing a Russell fan-fic myself! Anyway, this plot is quite good, partly because Holmes is learning that he can confide in Russell. However, I have two problems with your story. One, you keep switching persons, and it get rather confusing, not to mention irriating. Also, Russell is rather out of character, for she seems boucier and less sensitive than in the books. She's sharp enough to realize that talking about his parents causes a great deal of unwanted pain and memories to come back, and that's not a question she would just randomly ask. Remember, almost anyone who reads the Russell books learns to pick up little details like that. Keep writing!
kalieris chapter 1 . 3/9/2004
Just FYI, there's a shift from 3rd person to 1st person about a third of the way down...
Very enjoyable overall.
K.
Random Beatles Fan chapter 1 . 1/18/2004
very interesting
Black Rose25 chapter 1 . 12/8/2003
o_o... Never been a holmes/russel fan myself, but those last three paragraphs... *Drool* Strangley, you maintained a very in-character, sentimental holmes... Oh, oxymorons abound. *Switches personas* Hey! That wasnt a sequel! Where's my sequel?
becky chapter 1 . 11/29/2003
This is great! Only problems are the POV shift that everyone else has already brought up, and also- I can't picture Holmes using the word "okay." It's too modern, too American. Perhaps "It's quite alright," but not "It's okay."
Bellemaine Chercoeur chapter 1 . 10/8/2003
Great atmosphere, lovely use of King-esque language, and a nice developed scene that delves into the characters. Your characters are well drawn and consistent, and I greatly enjoyed this piece. Only one small nitpick, and that is in one spot in the middle you shifted into first person for Russel, whilst the rest is third person. It jarred just a bit :) Great piece!
A.E. Harbuthnaut chapter 1 . 9/8/2003
wonderful. will there be more...?
Ice chapter 1 . 7/3/2003
I enjoyed this. The Russel series does need more fic.
datastwistergal chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
Gosh I LOVE Laurie R. King's Russell books. That's what got me into Sherlock. I may just have to write my own fic. You have inspired me. Great job. This sort of explains some of the aloofness that Holmes has always had. By the way did I mention that I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Laurie R. King's books?
SANDRA chapter 1 . 6/15/2003
HI

SO YOU READ THESE BOOKS TO I THOUGHT THAT I

WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO DID

IT SURE IS A MYSTERY WHO SENT THE MANUNSRICPTS TO

MS KING. STORY IS NICE TOO

SANDRA
Cecilia Carlton chapter 1 . 6/6/2003
Hrm, I reviewed the other day but FFN ate it. Oh well. This was very good - sweet. The switching between first- and third-person point of view was a little annoying, though. Other than that, it was very good.