Reviews for Blood in the Water
ridiculouslyhappy chapter 36 . 1h
ahhh, this was great! and i'm only realizing this in retrospect, but, like, they left toothless alone on the edge for days...lmao. anyway, i've REALLY had a hard time looking for stories where hiccup's under the influence of deathgripper venom, so this being 36 chapters long was a real treat to read! and it was really nice; the story flowed together well and the pacing was really nice, not to mention the ending was seen to! overall, really nice fic; i enjoyed it. thank you for writing this! :D
ridiculouslyhappy chapter 15 . 1/18
rtte but there's an imposter among us lmao
Hi Rain, I just wanted to say that I really loved this fanfic! The story was fantastic and your writing is absolutely amazing! I always coudnt wait two days to read the next chapter, I’d rather read it in 1 day haha! I also loved you flashforward at the begining. I really thought that would be the ending, but then that scene ended up in the middle and I was very surprised, but I loved it at the same time. Now anything could happen in the next chapters!
Please keep writing more amazing stories and I hope this year will be better than last year (although it gave you plenty of time to write haha)
Not quite sure if this was supposed to be or not but were there a few Trollhunters references in there? Like when Snotlout (Blinky and Strickler) was holding up the mace (dagger) about to hit Hiccup (Claire), or the one where Astrid (Claire) goes to hug Hiccup (Jim) and he jokes “Ow, careful, bruises (sunburn).” Not sure but I though it was and kinda loved it.
LunarWriter1203 chapter 36 . 1/6
Rain, this was such a wonderful story. The storyline flowed perfectly and...that ending was so perfect! This was such a joy to read. The suspense and the mystery...This should be a RTTE episode!

Keep on writing! This was an amazing story.
DANIELA123 chapter 36 . 1/6
Clap clap clap ! That was perfect, I really loved this story. I know you have many more ideas so I'll be looking forward to your next story.
Noche Oscura chapter 36 . 1/6
That was amazing, beautiful, and by far the greatest story i’ve read to date. This was such an amazing story from start to finish and i’m really glad it ended on a high note and, while Hiccup is still guilty for the things he was forced to do, the other riders still trust him and don’t blame him at all. Beautifully done!
FictionL0ver11 chapter 36 . 1/6
Awesome! Really enjoyed reading every single chapter. I know how hard writing can be, so I want to thank you for making this amazing story.
httydfangirl123 chapter 36 . 1/6
What? You're not even going to reveal what naughty thing they've done to Viggo and Krogan? Oh man, was looking forward to that XD
All jokes aside though, this has been a rollercoaster ride of a fic, brilliant! Well done! I look forward to whatever you publish next, though I'm secretly hoping I'll get round to publish my lockdown-baby before you get there hehe
Kacper983 chapter 36 . 1/6
This was a really great story. It had its slow moments, but besides that, there's nothing for me to complain about. Well, maybe there could be something more about Snotlout's feelings about being a member of the Riders in the last chapter. In general, the pacing of the story was really good, especially before reaching the events from the prologue. You nailed that.
godspeed83 chapter 36 . 1/6
I really liked this story! I still hate the concept of mind-control, but I still really like the story. Also, what was the punishment that would be keeping Viggo and Krogan occupied for the next few months? I'd really like to know.

I look forward to your future stories!
SyrupWriter - HTTYD chapter 36 . 1/5
At last, we have come to an end! This story might as well be one of my favorites I've ever read, and I've read a lot! The fact that this was regularly updated helped, too. But I understand that not every writer can do that, even me. Still, great work!

I liked Viggo the most because he actually acted like his canon self, and let me tell you, that is NOT an easy thing to write. So props to you for that!

The twins were magnificent, but no one can argue with that. I just like how you didn't make them 'too stupid'. Most stories have them act as if they don't know anything, which bums me out 'cause Ruff and Tuff are actually pretty smart!

And the way you generally write! Wow! It's so detailed, but also not too much. You know every character and you write them like they truly are. The dialogues were so strong, I couldn't handle my excitement at some parts!

You're a brilliant writer, I'll tell you that. I enjoyed this story more than I can put into words! xD
FictionL0ver11 chapter 35 . 1/5
That was epic!
Noche Oscura chapter 35 . 1/5
This is absolutely amazing! Just the overall fight itself and the fact that Hiccup was able to overcome Viggo only to say he’s not like him and then sit down and recover next to him!? Just amazing!
Romantica 543 chapter 35 . 1/5
Woah! So now what?! What would happen? The riders just left hiccup and went. Hope they will come back for him later on.