Reviews for sic transit gloria mundis
BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
A great story. Very good.
CoyoteWolf chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
! LOVED IT! Omg...-favorite-
Tique chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
I don't know why I didn't review this when I read it a few years ago, but I love it. All your stories (the X-Men ones, at least-those are the only ones I've read) are amazing. YOU should be writing the movies, at least anything past X2!
trekphile chapter 1 . 8/15/2005
OMG BORG QUEEN!1

I am a loser.
Olafur chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
HOT DAMN! That was a close one!

Huh...wonder if your planning on something forming between Pyro and Mystique...not that's a bad thing, mind you. Pyro would be one lucky bastard.

Asside from your Pyro fics, ALL others I've read are about Pyro either running away from the Brotherhood, having doubts or just beeng a sissy.

I've actually read one where Myst spanks Pyro.

NOT a pretty fic.

I've noticed it's been severel months since you either posted or updated anything, but I do hope to read more. I have feeling this trouble with Creed is just the beginning.
niko chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
are u writing another one for after this? please? i really muchly enjoyed it. im really muchly enjoying all of your stuff. and i would definately really muchly enjoy more.
jaygoose chapter 1 . 12/3/2003
That was really good. I liked it alot. I can't help but smile when Pyro and Iceman fight. Twisted I know.
xoXOCutieOXox chapter 1 . 11/24/2003
I love your Pyro stories! They are deff. some of the best out there! I hope you update soon! I'll be waiting by my computer! lol!

~*Leslie*~
Streetwise chapter 1 . 9/5/2003
Oh. This is you best pyro story yet! I like how Scott was greatful to John, even though it was more-or-less expected.

"He’d sometimes been curious about what getting hit with one of those blasts felt like. Now he knew." I liked that I've never read the comics (I'm lazy) but to me that's a very pyro thing to think. Please write another. I'll pay you $40.
aj's girl1 chapter 1 . 7/15/2003
Excellent. I know little about Pyro, but you've made him a real and conflicted character. Same for Bobby. Very nice fight scene between Iceman/Pyro. And, other characters: you captured Magneto's voice...I could hear Ian McKellen speaking; Sabretooth was also in character (at least from the comics). Good, good story.
Hecate chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
Loved the first parts, loved this. I'm already looking forward to the next part...:)
Gerri chapter 1 . 6/8/2003
To say that I loved this (and the other stories before this one) is a bit of an understatement!

Your language just makes the whole thing run really smoothly and there's just the right amount of humour; suffice it to say that I wish I had your talent. :D
Shi-no-Nezumi chapter 1 . 6/6/2003
wow, NICE fight scene, between iceman/pyro

i think its really cool how you get into st. johns head like that, and i LOVED all 4 of your post x2-pyro stories! _
Fantazmegorik chapter 1 . 6/5/2003
YOU LIVE! It’s good to know. I’ve been waiting for this little sucker…here we go. (WOO HOO! First review! Go me, go me…)

Pyro v. Iceman SWEETNESS. The whole time I was reading it I was practically giggling. It was so cool. But OUCH poor Pyro, that must’ve hurt like hell on wheels. Note to self; avoid hitting large blocks of ice with one’s head.

Pyro saved Mystique; I feel a bond forming here. Moving on.

“Pyro’s eyebrows went up. It had been a sarcastic ‘hi,’ but it still wasn’t what he’d expected. "Hi?"”

I can see this in my head and it is so funny. Pyro is hilarious in this fic. And with the Toad part at the end. Great stuff.

THE FOH! You just don’t see enough of these shmucks in X-Men fanfics lately. At least I don’t. Maybe I just live a sheltered fanfiction life. Graydon Creed is just the way me likes me villains, evil to the bone. I can’t hate on Magneto, cause he’s too cool, Stryker is dead and Dark Phoenix is no more so it’s time to move on to Creed. I’ll quote Wolverine from X-Men Evolution "Oh, great. A fanatic." Ok, so it was said about Trask. When it works, use it.

The uh ‘breakfast’ Sabretooth brought Pyro was amusing. And the tub comment was funny too. I can imagine it, and it ain’t pretty.

“And Pyro was also thinking about Sabretooth’s comment as he poked at what he thought was turkey. "The ovens in the kitchen aren’t...big enough for people, are they?"

Considering this, Sabretooth looked dazed for a moment, almost as if the question had floored him. "I should tell Magneto you said that."”

Again, hilarious.

Another Remy reference…I is pleased. Can you tell who my favorite mutant is yet? ;-)

David Haller?…I know this. I swear I know this. I…just…don’t…remember…(it would be funny if you made this name up and I’m just being insane)

Scott accusing Magneto of burning Pyro’s hands was annoying. Only cause I’m not that big of a Cyclops fan in the first place. I did like the whole “Thanks” thing, but I saw that coming. I mean, he did save the life of the love of his life. It’s common courtesy.

This is a long review, even for me. Btw, thanks for the e-mail. I appreciate it mucho.

On one final note: Enough with the DC bashing. I live there!

(end of transmission)
Diana chapter 1 . 6/5/2003
Wonderful and riveting, can't wait for the next installment! :)