Reviews for A Forgotten Casualty
Lady Elendil chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
This is good. This is REALLY good. The plot is very original, and you did a great job in your characterization of both the fox and the Ringwraith. Much better than anything I've written. I would be willing to read more fics like this. I don't even remember a fox when I read the books, and that was only 3 months ago.
Leelee5 chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
ACK! The poor fox! Rotten Ringwraiths, what are they, evil or something?

Good story, very interesting!
EldarWannabe chapter 1 . 6/9/2003
*blinks back tears* The fox. *sniff* the poor, ignored, barely remembered fox. And now he's dead. For no...good...reason *bawls*

Very emotionaly effective (as you may have noticed) and an origional idea. Beautifully written, above all and...no I can't find anything to critisize.

Hope this abolished the writer's block. Wish I could write so well under similar circumstances.
Kurremkarmerruk chapter 1 . 6/8/2003
You're right that was an overlooked character, I don't even remember a fox, oh well now its a dead overlooked character... I liked it. Now go work on your other stories.
wellduh chapter 1 . 6/8/2003
Cruelty to animals.

Poor fox.

Are you ever going to write pt. 2 of While The Ring Went South?
Melika chapter 1 . 6/8/2003
This was really good! Really, *really* sad though... Poor fox! He was such a cool little guy...I'd say you don't have to worry about writer's block anymore, lol. Excellent little fic, very different than most.
Kal the Magnificent chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
*lower lip trembles, tears well up in eyes* y-you killed it... the p-poor fox... *bursts into sobs* it was so cute! and innocent! and it never did anything to anyone! I'm sure I could go on and on about how the fox represents Hobbiton and what could happen to it, or I could go on and on about how the fox represents the "Old World" (devoid of any technological stuff), and the Wraith represents the "New World" (with technology), and how the Old World is being "crushed" by the New World and so on and so forth. But I don't want to bug you even more than I already do.

Where did you get the name for the Nazgul? (In what book, that is?)

And you shouldn't kill off characters (we'll use an innocent, adorable fox for example) that the reader starts to love! *goes off to mourn*

Hugs and Cookiese )
Mari chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
Wow.

That was terrible-and fantastic-and terrible again. It's so short and clean and quick and beautifully written-and the poor, poor fox! I always liked him so much...but that's what happens when you run into Khamul when he's sulky. The whole work reminds me of Robert Frost's creepier, less happy nature poetry-the writing is beautiful, razor-sharp, detailed, and the ending is shocking and horrible but absolutely-right? Inevitable, perhaps. Khamul's utterly nasty pettiness and mild consternation at the non-evilness of the Shire area is also great, and the contrast between the simple animal and the corrupted used-to-be-a-man is brilliantly done.

But...

You killed the fox! *Bawl*

*Sniff* Sorry. Emotions. Wonderful, wonderful piece-and good luck on clearing up that writer's block!
Boromirlover chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
That poor fox! I always feel sorry for it when I read the Book, because 'he never found out any more about it', but now I *really* feel sorry for him.

Thank you!
Sphinx chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
Liked this. Very original story, and i would never have guessed that you were talking about a fox! Nice characterization,especially the bit about it being savvy. Writer's Block? A common infliction, mellon nin...but dont worry, you've more or less gotten over it!
K.D. Toling chapter 1 . 6/6/2003
Hello!

Wow! THAT was totally cool! I have NEVER read a L.O.T.R. fan fiction with an animal as the main character, and you did an excellent job of portraying the fox! I'll admit, I didn't think much about him when I read the books, but your story seems very fitting. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Tolkien himself had written something along those lines had he chosen to write a bit more on the fox. Again, you did a fantastic job!

-K.D. Toling