Reviews for All I do is Lose
Anonymousme chapter 33 . 5/26
This, this is my absolute favorite version of Seeder. I don't know what exactly it is, but it fits her, somehow. No one else's compares. This is the Seeder in my personal canon.
Red Sting chapter 5 . 12/27/2021
Brock reminds me of a good friend of mine. I think he would have had a similar reaction to participating in and winning the Hunger Games and the money/alcohol as well-which makes me curious where you got the inspiring sparks for his character. Brock himself is a great character, I know the story didn’t call on him in a huge role anywhere but I can’t help but feel like I want to see more of him all the same. If you ever (very much eventually) get around to doing an AU primarily based in District 11, something to do with the rebellion or else wise, then I would like to see him again.
Red Sting chapter 53 . 12/4/2021
As someone with rather….very very difficult parents, if not outright abusive, this was an engaging chapter, and good message at the end. Blight definetely deserves a lot better. Probably one of my favourites now.
Red Sting chapter 45 . 11/29/2021
Chaff deserves to be remembered as the rebel and friend. I can only hope if anyone ever did find out about some of these secrets that they'd understand as best they could, and remember his strong and honourable moments. I too find the outliers in the Career alliances interesting. Secrets 7-9 were especially gut wrenching, but believable...well I wouldn't have expected number 9 but it makes sense in this context. I'm not sure I understand number 6, are you saying Chaff fell unconscious from exhaustion after winning and forgot everything in the deep sleep? Hope you can let me know.
Hope
Anyway, a different tone to Chaff then usual but still fleshed him out really nicely. Good job.
Red Sting chapter 9 . 11/9/2021
I feel like Sal is one of the more likeable victors, someone I would kind of root for in real life. It's impressive that he was able to win at a relatively young age and he seems pretty articulate and charming; if somehow he had participated the next year, and survived the bombings, I could have seen him having a really good chance. It is indeed sad reading this chapter knowing what he loses later on. I hope Barb's death wasn't drawn out. I can also imagine him being one of the stronger mentors, alongside Jet and Surf, out of the first 9.
Red Sting chapter 26 . 11/7/2021
Another chapter I didn't fully appreciate reading it for the first time. The Turqoise decline is a good way of showing just how brutal the Games can be and how the Careers' relationships are, not necessarily always but probably the vast majority of the time, built on unhealthy foundations...especially with the whole 'only one lives' thing. The Greed and Pride things were especially impactful because of the short length and super blunt style. Vitellia is a pretty unique character, certainly different from any of mine or the other victors in your story; harsh, greedy and 'Elite', as you put it, but believably so, mainly due to the division into different sins and short, blunt style. Another very strong chapter. I'll stop talking now.
Red Sting chapter 54 . 11/6/2021
I hadn't read this chapter fully the first time so I didn't notice its quality before. I think Erisychthon is a name from Greek mythology right? He provoked Demeter by carelessly preparing to cut down one of her sacred forests and got cursed with everlasting hunger. If Royss hadn't defied the odds so magnificently here Mr Knott might have figuratively ended up the same way. So yeah, wow, this has to be the one of the most memorable chapters, one that I did not give sufficient credit to at all. By coincidence, I think every other tribute space had been filled up by this point-so every other District apart from 6 had had at least one male and female victor, 6 had already had a female victor-so Royss' victory completes the circle of giving all 24 tributes at least one representative victor. Great, great chapter, one I'm sure the Capitol absolutely loved lol. Truly sorry I did not notice its quality the first time.
BamItsTyler chapter 73 . 10/27/2021
Woo hoo! Someone mentioned the guy in the red coat who beat the 10 guy to death!

And you did him justice, I mean, can you really do justice to such an obscure guy. I think the general consensus is that both the rebels and the Capitol took out victors because they were seen as such symbols. Hate and violence on one side, traitors on the other side.
Red Sting chapter 70 . 7/30/2021
Hahahahaha. I didn't read this chapter properly the first time but now I think it's got to be my top 10 favourites of the series. It's awesome that Surf lived to such an old age and was still so involved with the training-67 years after his Games would make him 85 here right?-and this is a new, quite original take on Annie that I think actually makes sense and is...haha, it's just great. It makes brilliant sense and you built up the 'severance' of her perfect composure really well with, well, the head falling into her lap. You didn't have that many victors from 4 in this story [why does everyone always make 7 practically a Career District] but some of them, this chapter and I'd say Surf and Kraken's, are amongst my favourites.
Red Sting chapter 39 . 5/21/2021
Just re read this chapter again and loved it! What a dynamic journey from the most forgettable looking District 1 tribute to subverting the whole Career format and beating them all to a powerful victory to, of course, literally being physically 'perfected' and then a tragic death. I feel quite sorry overall because she clearly tried really hard with mentoring and teaching at the Academy but some consequences may be unavoidable...at least it was over pretty quickly. Anyway great job with this one!
Henrietta77 chapter 1 . 5/6/2021
Amazing book and storyline; If you have some great stories like this one, you can publish it on Novel Star, just submit your story to hardy novelstar. top or joye novelstar. top
ReadBooksWriteThings chapter 75 . 2/14/2021
This was EPIC! Wow I loved reading this so so much. You did such an excellent job and I'm so proud of you! This chapter was so so good. I could totally see Peeta obsessing about second place tributes after the war. I can't even imagine how much effort went into this chapter. Take that break, you deserve it! Looking forward to future stories!
ReadBooksWriteThings chapter 74 . 2/12/2021
I have no idea what you're going to do for the finale but I know I'm going to love it!
ReadBooksWriteThings chapter 72 . 2/12/2021
This chapter was so good. I absolutely loved it. Definitely my favourite character so far. I love how you ended all of the POVs off with "I'm dying young". It really shows the horror of the Games and how Binah, who won, didn't even get to die old. This chapter was brilliant!
Sparky She-Demon chapter 33 . 2/11/2021