Reviews for Taken on Faith
MarJan53 chapter 1 . 7/3
Neal is more dependent on the tracker than he admits
starlighttauriel chapter 1 . 3/25
Man, poor Neal. Thinking about how the rest would react to the incident also made me worried, since if even their boss is ambivalent then maybe they would/should be too. But I love how you mentioned that the others, the more general and junior ones at least, felt more on Neal’s side than Peter’s.

Another thing that I really loved, was mentioning that Neal trusts Peter more than Peter trusts Neal, as Peter’s is more situational/provisional. Like you put in your A/N, trust is a big part of the show, especially between them, but it’s usually (both in canon and in fics) portrayed more as an equal thing. And I agree that they do both trust each other. But the difference is the one that you’ve highlighted here. And it’s also true that Peter has more reason not to trust than Neal (since Neal has done some slippery things while Peter has always done what he’s done), but it’s still a lot for Neal to trust Peter because of the power dynamics in play. While they do end up seeing themselves as partners, the reality is that Neal is bound to them as a CI and Peter is his handler, and his boss, and a senior agent at the FBI and he holds a lot of weight with all of that. And while Neal does do more “lamebrain” schemes, Peter’s more offhandedly irrational/angry/etc. than Neal (who usually just gets heated regarding Kate, like you’ve mentioned here that the situations prior were all more ‘serious’ than just stealing or money for its own sake, and which makes him more predictable to Peter in canon).

TL;DR: good fic!
Taramor chapter 1 . 12/24/2020
It is a wonderfull story, so real and so full of emotions, showing the always returning question in the show: how can you trust a criminal you are responsible for, and who has shown again and again how slippery he can be? And how can you be friends with a superior, with so much power over you, who doesn’t always think before he lets a hurtfull coment slip.
It was great seeing them working with their emotions, Neal with his hurt, Peter with his pride. And the last scene, Peters show of faith and Neals reaction to it, was beautiful, a wonderfull Christmass-gift to us. Thank you.
Cephius chapter 1 . 12/21/2020
Aw. Such a cute end
PastOneonta chapter 1 . 12/19/2020
This is very good. Neal amazes me throughout. He’s hurt and he’s brave enough to tell Peter and honest enough with himself to know it will take time for things to change. He tells himself to stay patient. His acceptance of how Peter views the world of justice and views Neal himself amazes me. I have found people more likely to gripe and complain and be passive aggressive when annoyed with someone. Neal doesn’t even seek to gather a group of allies among the WC team! I can’t say how many times I have seen people at work align just to spread mean stories about a supervisor.

Anyway, enough about me, you have captured Neal and Peter perfectly. I like their characters, their dynamic, and at the end, their hope for friendship and trust. Peter did a good thing giving Neal a weekend off anklet. That was very good. I bet Neal and Moz have fun. Thanks for writing and best wishes this time of year.
Happy reader70 chapter 1 . 12/18/2020
That was refreshingly awesome, thank you!
Rosemoor chapter 1 . 12/15/2020
This was so good I wanted more. Thanks for sharing.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/15/2020
This was great! It was one of the best WC stories I've read in a long time! Loved it!
Tharin chapter 1 . 12/15/2020
I really enjoyed this story. I'm not very often logged in on this website anymore, so I don't leave reviews so often. But I'm still getting the story alerts, and I'm always happy to see a new story from you.

I liked this because of how well you write Peter and Neal. The idea is very interesting, because I think Peter has such a thin line to walk. He has good reasons to mistrust Neal, and in front of other agents, he can't look to compromised, to much taken in with Neal's charm. But he doesn't has to be (unintentionelly) cruel about it, which he was here.

I liked how you wrote about Neal's interactions with the other agants, how is usually works, and how they took his side in this case.

I was laughing very much at the "symolic apology on steroids".
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 12/15/2020
That was really nicely done.

It's easy to get frustrated with Peter's 'Trust but verify' mantra, not least because we the audience get to see how much that actually hurts Neal, even though he'd be the first to admit Peter does have cause to be suspicious and he doesn't always help himself with his more reckless decisions.

What you did here though was provide a well balanced glimpe of both sides of the argument, and it was nice to see Peter acknowledge to himself and then Neal that even though his questioning may have been justified, the way he went about it wasn't.

Neal's reaction made sense too, because it wasn't just about Peter suspecting him it was about the humiliation of having that laid out in front of the rest of the team, and how that affects his standing with them.

Both of them felt completely in character throughout, including the fact Neal isn't one to bear grudges (making the first move to get things back to normal, even though he's not the one who really needs to make amends this time) and that at heart Peter *does* trust Neal in the ways that matter and is prepared to put himself on the line to prove it when he knows he's messed up.

The final scenes were really heartwarming, without being OTT. It felt so 'Neal' that he was more worried about how this could affect Peter at first, and I liked that Peter realised that. It's a lovely thought, to imagine Neal thoroughly enjoying his freedom (within the accepted boundaries) and then sharing it all with Peter come Monday morning, who will no doubt listen with fond undulgence and take genuine pleasure from Neal's own happiness.

Bravo :)