Reviews for A Sixth of a Second Mission of Gold Filler
WhiteFeather1965 chapter 1 . 7/24
OMG! I love love love it. This story is amazingly and beautifully written. It captures all the angst and dread in Lee's heart of hearts and Lee and Dotty's growing rapport over the tragedy of Amanda being shot and nearly dying that the show failed (miserably in my opinion) to address. But then again, isn't that what fillers are for? Keep up the good work and I hope to see more from you soon.
AlaskanFan chapter 1 . 6/21
I wish there was some way to mark the most favorite of my favorites because this one is definitely worthy of TWO thumbs up. The imagery with the rings, heart pendant and chain is beautiful. Lee's internal conflicts (the torment of being victimized by fate, and being afraid to hope to much and not enough, and urgency to be with her competing with the need to DO something) were wonderfully depicted in your story. I can understand that TPTB would have followed the "solving the crime" plot rather than the "dealing with tragedy" plot because 45 minutes of television can't spend so much time in Lee's head. And he certainly wasn't a character who could monologue about feelings for so long. Your story FILLED the huge gap left by the television script and was absolutely terrific. THANKS for such a moving and insightful story.
hibari heza chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
Thia was an exceptionally great story. I really lived it. You did a great job diving into the emotional aspects of that episode. Absolutely wonderful.
WasWoksa chapter 1 . 3/11/2014
Dang, every time I read this one, it just takes my breath away. Fantastic work. Glad I saved it to favorites.
rx9872 chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
I really was impressed with the way you let us in Lee's head. Also, how the story that was on the TV show was just kind of a background thing. Amanda would have been his main and primary focus, for sure. This was great.
cyndergator chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Wow! Wonderful writing! Only wish you had been on the real writing team fot this episode! Well done!
GStales chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
One of my very favorite Scarecrow & Mrs. King stories, and one of the most satisfying to read as well. I agree the scriptwriters missed to boat on this episode, but you didn't.

Thank you!
Debbie5 chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Great writing! You had me tearing up a couple of times. This was an intense episode to begin with and you upped it by focusing on the emotional aspects of it. If they had done it the way you had written it and combined it with the original, it would have had to been a 2-parter. On the other hand, it's always hard to explain the emotional hang-ups, and such in any televised show or movie. The book (writing) is always better! Keep up the great writing!
MysteryLady-Tx chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
that was AWESOME! Poor Lee, I remember that episode very well...GREAT job on this story!

lookoutwife chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
Amy-I've had this story in my favorite list forever, but was surprised I had never reviewed. I really loved this story-I wish the epsiode had been shown this way, instead of spending so much time on the A story-Lee's feelings and emotions about the possibilty of losing Amanda should have been the main plot, although I know Lee was not the type that would have sat there-he would want to find those responsible for shooting Amanda. Thanks for sharing.
sb4ever chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Great read! I remember this episode. I agree that the emotional impact of Amanda's injury and the effect it had on the lives of Lee, her mother and the boys should've been explored in more depth but for some strange reason, network TV wanted the action part emphasized-go figure! You filled in the missing scenes very well. Great job!
BBXFan chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Amilyn for writing this...and for righting the wrongs of this painful episode! This is what I had hoped for in an episode where Amanda is close to dying. You were absolutely right when you said that the audience could have cared less for the A-plot about missing treasure and gold dubloons...all we cared about was the B-plot...Amanda... and Lee's response to her during this whole ordeal. You have filled in the missing pieces and done it in a totally believable and beautiful way. Thank you for giving us what the writers of the series couldn't...or wouldn't...a glimpse into the mind of Lee Stetson at a time when it really mattered. Well done!
Lynne chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
One word can only describe how I feel about this fic: INCREDIBLE! Loved every minute of it, all the emotions, all the thoughts & feelings was great.
Jenni Lee Ryan chapter 1 . 6/19/2004
I can't believe that I put this on my favorite stories list, and didn't review it! Loved the story-too bad the episode wasn't this good! Keep it up!
Buffy chapter 1 . 2/25/2002
I came to re-read this because MOG was on today. I came to feel again the "missing part" of the episode and realized that I've never told you before how much this particular story moves me each time. My world reduces to only the words on the screen, the tears in my eyes, and the images in my mind, all induced by your wordcraft. Thankyou for a truly wonderful masterpiece.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »