Reviews for The Gifted Apprentice
Love Faith Embers chapter 22 . 5/12
Great chapter! I missed chapter 21, so I had to go read it first... Lol. I was so scared for Harry, but so in awe over Sev's caring side! He was heartbroken when he thought that Harry could die... and I love that. It shows a deeper side to him. And, poor Harry, he wants a father-figure so bad...
There a family now ! I hope he officially adopts him . I can’t wait to see what happens when he goes back to Hogwarts ? Hee hee!
Best story ever .
I got as excited to see you post , I reread the whole story again !
RainCityWriter chapter 22 . 5/8
I really liked the snape and Harry in this chapter, excellent banter, realistic emotions, warm fuzzies for your readers. I truly loved it. I also liked the compassion you showed the neighbor, it gives snape more depth to not have him just out for vengeance but rather see the nuance in the situation. The PTSD for the parenting stuff was completely on target, excellent and realistic portrayal. The dismissal of his own trauma in the situation saying that Harry suffered more, well, that was so realistic it could be an example in a textbook. The only part I wondered about was why didn't snape slip him some potions in the hospital? I thought for sure a little dreamless sleep was called for. Great work, excellent chapter
RainCityWriter chapter 21 . 5/8
So that was a dramatic chapter. Well done, realistic. But did you leave Patrick on the beach? I mean, he's a post and an attempted murderer, but I couldn't help but think of him sitting on the beach all alone...
DMLucas chapter 13 . 5/8
So sorry, me again with long-winded comments. Just re-reading and remembered that in chapter 13, Tomber Pour Se Relever that while shopping for Harry, Snape’s thoughts reveal that he, himself is quite a good artist but does not draw, “...for fun.” Now, he only sketches potions ingredients. Got me thinking...did even a young Severus ever really experience something fun? As I don’t ever think of Snape as a man who permits himself to relax or let his guard down enough to actually feel enjoyment while doing, well, anything, (besides the satisfaction of brewing), those two words, “for fun”, just got me thinking. Of course, even though his love for Harry has become so apparent to him, (which could change the dynamic of their relationship, couldn't it?), we wouldn’t entirely recognize Snape if he were to drop his stern and strict composure.
(slowly shaking my head, no...no...no...)
wx4rmk chapter 22 . 5/8
If one good thing has come out of this ordeal is that both Harry and Snape now know how much they truly care and love each other. I can only imagine it will still be a long road to complete recovery, unless Pomfrey can heal him. Looking forward to seeing what/if she can do anything to help. Also curious to see if Harry ever sees Patrick again. Harry has to be frustrated to know that he might get off free without any consequences, either from his mom or the authorities. Will Harry let that frustration eat inside him and try to get revenge for what Patrick did to him? Guess I'll have to wait and see. Thanks for all these quick updates as well!
Sunset74 chapter 22 . 5/7
Thanks for the quick update! Harry and Snape were well on their way to bonding, and this unfortunate tragic event has definitely accelerated that! Love how their relationship is progressing, and sweet how Harry’s only concern about the apprenticeship was how it would affect their relationship! Another great chapter!
DMLucas chapter 22 . 5/7
While the name of chapter 22 definitely describes Harry’s ordeal from his delivery to the hospital A&E to his discharge and return to the cottage, it seems that you are also foreshadowing; If I’m following Harry’s progress correctly, both he and Severus are SO in for a “...Long Road Ahead” of them. But, in the vein of every cloud having a silver lining, there sure is a lot of silver here, right? (Well, for everyone except Patrick.)

Not that it’s about me, (at all), but my head spun pretty seriously throughout this whole chapter. I can absolutely understand how people identify to your story in very different ways, as I find myself doing. While Harry’s young life has been filled with so much loss and almost nothing about him is to be envied...he now has Snape to care for him, and unconditionally, I might add. The wanting for that kind of unconditional affection, this...I know.

So...I’ll spin for a bit longer, , and wait for your next chapter in which I’m SURE Patrick will, in some way, be called upon the proverbial carpet, no? Not that Harry is close to working through this trauma...but can his emotional healing even happen without some type of confrontation and closure with Patrick? (And I dread to even think about Severus’ first conversation with Elizabeth when he eventually sees her!)

Thank you for this compelling chapter...and a Severus Snape who has, in spite of himself, allowed himself to love Harry while remaining the austere potions master we know so well. And yes...everyday, we should be thankful for our healthcare workers and especially mental healthcare workers!
Jax chapter 22 . 5/7
Not gonna lie...considering how rocky things started it’s amazing to see the growth between Harry and Snape. All Harry wants is a dad. I’d love to see how this relationship blossoms when they return to Hogwarts whenever that is.
fanclaire chapter 22 . 5/7
Phew! My heart is gone!
Nice chapter thank you !, If Snape doesn't want to legally adopt Harry after that! ..., he loves her like a son and Harry like his father! It was too good!
Harry must have consequences for his disobedience and I really, really hope Patrick's mother asks Snape to correct her son who has no father! Please!
I can't wait for the next chapter!
Love this chapter. I’m so glad Harry’s feeling better. Hope Patrick’s getting what he deserves, little brat.
ponq chapter 22 . 5/7
ААААААА. I screamed with joy when I saw updates to your wonderful story. It was so sweet and tender. I really like the changes in Snape and his attitude towards Harry, I didn't think right away, but now I understand that this situation was that catalyst in their relationship dynamics, because Snape would have been embarrassed for a long time to show his feelings to the boy. They won't be able to put everything back in place, not when Snape spent all nights at Harry's bed in the hospital and spoon-fed him and told him to be there when Harry woke up. In general, I am looking forward to how their relationship will develop now. I also really liked the moment Harry confessed that he liked it when Snape pretended to be his father. My Sevvitus heart beat faster. I think their relationship is now close to this and what they call each other does not mean so much. Thanks for writing such a great chapter, it made my day. And thank you for not tormenting us too much with waiting, I was out of my mind these two days, thinking about this story often and involuntarily checking for updates
fantasystar78 chapter 22 . 5/7
Poor Snape! I can see how such an event would be terrifying. I wonder if he won’t plan a lesson of some sort for the little monster? Would it do any good? Did Snape change so much that he would just ignore this incident? Excellent chapter, and I’m so glad Harry is better. It must have taken all of Snape’s self control not to take Harry to St. Mungo’s, but it would have blown their cover.