Reviews for Souls Found
MaryZG chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
"This young one is strong, is still strong even after facing his soul. If William and Dru are indeed here, he realizes that he will need Alexander to help him protect the women."

WOW! What else can I say? Here we have a vamp Slayer, tho admittedly distressed, and a natural vamp witch that even PTB decided would be strong enough to face 3 intimidating vamps back in the previous story, and now all of a sudden the two of them need some male protection?

I'm somewhat inclined to assign this "slip" to the representation of Angel's thoughts here, meaning that the narrator is free of charge of misogyny, but while I'd very much like to do so, everything I know of Angel's character screams at me: not true! Tho he's protective of her, Angel's attraction to the said slayer is in big part based precisely on her strength, in every possible meaning of the word, and while it is true that the slayer is, in this story, guilt-ridden and verging on insanity, somehow I don't believe that she'd just lay there in her bed waiting for Spike and Dru to either stake her or sexually abuse and otherwise subdue her. Hello! Meek much?

And while I did - mostly - enjoy the prequel to this story, this one is starting to unnerve me, rapidly. Especially since I know there's gonna be some disgusting B/S pairing involved. While in itself such pairing is not necessarily bad, as long as it ends in dis-pairing in the end (or better yet staking of that annoyingly bleached substitute for passion), again everything I know of Buffy's character screams at me: she'd rather be dead-er! If she now is "family" with Angelus' childer, she'd feel at least the same disgust and rage towards all of them as she does towards Angel. I can see her leaving Willow and Xander out of her revenge, since they haven't done anything to harm her. All in all, I rather see Buffy running away, and hiding, in much the same way Angel did upon the return of his soul. I don't see her jumping Spike's bones. Granted, there's a chance yet the author might persuade me into her reasons for doing so, but chances of that are slim indeed. Perhaps this is her revenge to Angel? I guess I'll see soon enough, tho I'm seriously tempted to give up reading this right now.

Normally, if a story is bad or I can't find any talent behind it, I don't go around flaming people like this. I understand that the stories here are gifts more than anything else, and gifts are appreciated for what they are: generous sharing of one's goods and talents. It's only when I find that the story is generally more than satisfying that I feel the urge to either commend it for a job well done or to criticize it for its own potential it hasn't lived up to. I also understand that this is criticism post factum, but I made it my own business to point out misogyny when I see it, and to stomp on it in any way I can. It was present even in the earlier story - Lost Souls - tho in a manner almost justified by the carnality of vamp sex practices, and tempered with bestial companionship of vamp mating rituals - and there's much to be said of innate misogyny of those as well, but I'll let it pass. My skin crawled when vamp Xander turned out to be *more* bestial than vamp Buffy tho, but I tamed my own inner demoness, giving the author the benefit of the doubt, and holding my breath till further evidence presents itself. Well... What can a girl do? It is after all such a world in which we live that not even another female can imagine a girl to be bestial enough to outdo a boy, not even when the girl in question is a supernatural weapon of unfathomable strength.

To her credit in one of her notes to the prequel the author did mention stumbling upon the proverbial writer's block. I can only hope it was placed in her path by her own misgivings over how she handled the turning of Xander and the male-bonding thing that I believe she herself was forced to endure (even tho she did write it) under the stress of the all-encompassing unconscious misogyny of our shared culture. In conquering this particular "beast" my own inner demoness emerged, so I do understand the unfortunate fate any female has to endure living where and when she does.

Back to the reading now. Hope I have something more admiring to say at the end of it. If I make it that far, that is.
qtar1984 chapter 12 . 9/10/2009
Boo... I want BA not BS, maybe BAS but not pure BS. I though that buffy was angel's soulmate. If there is only the slayer what happened to buffy's soul. Can the real buffy come back. soul buff did mark a distinction between herself as a soul and herself as a slayer. maybe soul buffy can be with angel and slayer buffy can be with spike.
Vi chapter 12 . 4/17/2009
What da hellmouth please finish
Avallyn Black chapter 12 . 1/12/2006
well, that's just greate!

Dirby chapter 12 . 4/17/2005
this is kick ass u eva gonna update it
Buffy4592 chapter 12 . 1/29/2005
yea now u really hav 2 date soon! suspence is gonna kill me, so jst date 4 all our sakes!
baby D chapter 1 . 1/21/2005
Hey what's with the not writing? I love It! Spike is hello salty goodness! Please keep writing!
La Trom Mi chapter 1 . 6/11/2004
i love your buffy stories, pls update soon
Nancy chapter 9 . 4/1/2004
Why are you making Spike such a weakling.? It's like he's still chipped and can't hold his own. Spike is a master vampire..supposed to be anyway.. I'm having a dificult time with the wimpy side. I love Spike and I want him strong. Zander shouldn't be able to ..KICK...THE...SPIKE..
Oppy chapter 10 . 3/30/2004
This is one of my favorite stories, by the way. I've followed since the beginning, and it's on my regular check list. I was starting to give up hope. But, ironically, right when my internet quits out...poof! You update. It's great, by the way. Please, please finish this!
JC chapter 10 . 3/22/2004
This is a great story that you have written very well. I'm glad you finally updated and I think you really should continue the great work.
Talitha chapter 1 . 3/16/2004
This is the first fic I've ever reviewed and I've been reading on this site for close to 2 years. This fic is fantastic! Why did you stop writing? I notice that you are now writing Startrek stuff...did the Buffy stuff get old? I beg of you, PLEASE finish this story...I feel like I'm hanging, Ha!
Neal Chase chapter 1 . 12/10/2003
TBC? When?
I have been waiting for the TBC of the TBC and honey, it ain't happenin'. I wish it was, though.
It's a really great story. I just don't want to see it left in the dust of Star Trek.
Please, pleaese update me!
ms8309 chapter 9 . 8/29/2003
ohh I truly hope that spike will be dust *evil grin* )

stealing angels mate wasen't nice.. I hope that we get to se when he claims her back... and more killing! It's great to se them hunt together..
wouldntyoulike2know chapter 8 . 8/27/2003
continue this is getting really good... good as the other stuff...