Reviews for Small Heroes
Califaction chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
I love the idea of this fic, that Iruka is a 'small hero' who turns out to be just as essential as one of the Big Damn Heroes that people tell stories about. You did a great job emphasizing the way Kakashi and Iruka are foils for each other in that respect. The line "But Iruka's parents had been like that./And it seemed that he was too" really hit me. So did Iruka's crushing loneliness; you wrote it so well, the way he never quite fit with people despite seeing the way other people clicked with each other. I was so glad when Iruka was suddenly happy, and I love the way you wrote his admiration of Kakashi in terms of his general characteristics first ('like the great heroes') but then slipped in a physical one ('He also has beautiful eyes') that makes the reader aware in a small but unmistakable way of Iruka's feelings. The romance was really sweet. (I'm also so glad you handled the transition between Iruka's thoughts and Iruka's interaction with Kakashi as smoothly as you did; it could have been awkward, going from Iruka-as-Naruto's-hero to Iruka-as-a-romantic-interest, but the overarching theme of people connecting and the introduction of soulmates in the beginning kept the romance from being abrupt.)

This fic is so elegant and emotive, and the characterization is amazing; definitely a favorite. Thank you for writing and posting!
Mute Wordsmith chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
Man, that whole Iruka being a small hero thing and like the way he's just thinking "that's the last of my money" after he's like unknowingly stopped the Nine Tails and stuff coming out...

You're getting REALLY close to being favourited as an author y'know. _
Carazon chapter 1 . 11/26/2005
Very sweet n.n
futagoat02 chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
Very wonderful story... love the iruka and naruto parts...

baibaiyukie
Miiko Ashida chapter 1 . 10/25/2004
Oh, what a sweet turn it took at the end! I expected angst through and through, but that was very original. I guess Iruka can be happy, sometimes, too, ne?

Miiko
SmashTurnip Girl chapter 1 . 9/9/2004
Wow... just wow.
tactless tactics chapter 1 . 6/2/2004
Don't really understand the end, but very cute fic. Kakashi/Iruka isn't my favorite pairing, but it isn't bad. Naruto/Iruka seems ... wrong to me. Adult/child relationships seem wrong to me. Iruka is like a father to Naruto, and sex kinda breaks that bond... Terrific fic though, love to see more.
Rikona chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
aw, that was so...bubbly and happy at the end. Ur a good writer _. anou, what was the question that Iruka asked Kakashi? *is totally in the dark*
GSYH chapter 1 . 3/12/2004
Yay for more Iruka, written realistically.
insanechildfanfic chapter 1 . 3/2/2004
this is created
bubblewarp chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
Iyah, absolutely gorgeous. The 'February/crocus' bit at the end rounded off the entire fic (which was beautifully written and worded) nicely, and everything was just so poetic... it definitely had that defining music quality that just absorbs you while you read. Anyway. This is on my favourites.
rain-streaked chapter 1 . 1/29/2004
. : flores para mi amor : .
What is the poem thingy at the beginning and end of the fanfiction itself? Did you write it?
It would have surprised me, how at the end Iruka's attention in thoughts turned from Naruto to Kakashi.
Iruka's thoughts on Naruto, though, really surprised me but I could understand why he thought that way, too. Before, I never gave Iruka any thought to how he might have felt, becoming a father/older brother-figure to Naruto.
How Iruka saw Naruto, the demon [wonderfully stated by his "The last meal he had seen the kid eating had been his parents; he'd rather liked having parents" statement.] and Naruto, the ninja is different, but I think you captured the point where Iruka is beginning to accept Naruto perfectly.
rain-streaked
PinkyLemon chapter 1 . 10/28/2003
I love your style, it's just so, so...well, some people have a way with words and I guess it's you!
Naruke chapter 1 . 7/30/2003
Inner self: *cries anime style* this is so poetic! i love it! wah!

Outer self: i must admit, it was rather good...
Ju chapter 1 . 6/18/2003
Beautifully written. Interesting way to look at Iruka's character, and I especially liked the way you portrayed Kakashi in Iruka's eyes.