Reviews for Kahs-wan Ritual
Kehlan chapter 26 . 8/27
Avarak has done so well and his parents, Mimi and Sordd have every reason to be very proud of him. He has developed, matured and has also shown decency and compassion, realising that a test while important, is not more important than someone's life and that there is a time when its appropriate to break the rules.
Also intriguing to the the conversation with T'Vish and T'Rama, nicely leaving things open for another installment of the story. I hope you do continue to write about this family.
RobertBruceScott chapter 26 . 8/17
I'm a big fan of this story's predecessor - Into The Deep - and an even bigger fan of this story. Avarak wasn't really the main character in the first story, but he stole the show (except when baby Spock showed up.)

This is a great coming of age story - gives a real feel of an alien culture with a sense of the stakes involved - brought forth strongly by the ending sequence (which also sets up a potential follow-on adventure?)

LORETTA chapter 25 . 8/6
THIS HAS BEEN ONE OF MY FAVORITES. THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK. IT WILL BE GOOD TO SEE HIM IN THE FUTURE AS WELL. THANK YOU AGAIN!
Kehlan chapter 25 . 8/2
I am so pleased Avarak passed his Kahs-wan, he really deserved it. It's highly logical that there is a distinction made between collaboration, ie cheating, and assisting someone in an emergency. It says a lot for Avarak though, that he was able to get his priorities right and help the other boy even though he thought he would fail for it.
RobertBruceScott chapter 25 . 8/1
I suspect Mark Okrand makes a face every time he hears that line in STTMP... "throks" - the vulcan language would have sounded far more alien if he had been hired to create it.

This little story is one of the better sci-fi stories, not to mention Trek stories, that I have encountered in fanfic. You could probably re-work this into a non-Trek story that you could market.

LORETTA chapter 24 . 7/22
SO THE WORST IS OVER. GOOD. THIS HAS BE VERY GOOD, AS YOU FINISH AND I KNOW YOU MUST. I WILL BE LOOKING FOR WHAT YOU HAVE IN STORE FOR HIM IN THE FUTURE. YOU HAVE INVESTED A LOT OF TIME INTO AVARAK. GOOD STORY AND AGAIN THANK YOU.
RobertBruceScott chapter 24 . 7/18
Really nice character development with Avarak... He may not have passed the test, but he acquitted himself well. Totally vulcan to know down to the second how long he has been wounded.

Excellent little story - Thanks! rbs
Kehlan chapter 23 . 7/9
It seems to me that Avarak has learned what its all about. He realises that preserving life is more important than a test that can be repeated. I think Sordd and Mimi will be proud of him. Nice to see that Saros has also matured, in his realisation that his own pride is the problem and that a human has something worth meditating on.
Kehlan chapter 21 . 7/9
Sorry, I thought I'd reviewed these chapters when I read them the first time... so here you are, better late than never...
I keep telling you how much I like T'Vish and I will tell you it again. Her handling of the situation in this chapter is flawless. She is such an interesting character. T'Sel seems dangerous and I wonder what was the unthinkable thing T'Vish saw in her mind?
RobertBruceScott chapter 23 . 7/7
Probably the clearest indication of failure for both Avarak and Saros is their misapprehension that this is a test and not a necessary process in their maturation...

However, Avarak's decisions since deciding that he failed have been flawlessly logical within the life-nurturing ethos of the vulcans. Shedding the shame and apprehension of the potential for failure has helped him set aside distracting emotions. It could be that the only way to pass is to stop trying to pass.

Really well written and thought provoking.

LORETTA chapter 23 . 7/7
THIS IS SO GOOD. I KNOW HE WILL BE OK, HOWEVER I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!
RobertBruceScott chapter 22 . 7/2
Love the interplay. Sordd is learning how to manage a human spouse... It's not the logic he is used to, but she definitely has a logic about her..

LORETTA chapter 21 . 6/22
I REMEMBERED AS SOON AS I READ IT. IT IS PLEASING TO GO BACK AND REMEMBER SOMETIMES, THANKS.
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE. GOOD TO KNOW THAT AVARAK IS DOING BETTER.
RobertBruceScott chapter 21 . 6/21
I initially read the line as shelves holding skulls and books... which briefly made it a much more interesting office for a vulcan.

There appears to be a subtext that T'Vish is concerned that T'Sel might act out...

Nice little check in on Avarak's progress.

Kehlan chapter 20 . 6/19
Crushing biscuits can be so satisfying, can't it. I love the way Mimi is using it as an outlet for her stress and how T'vish understands this. Who is T'sel? I get the impression she doesn't approve of Mimi.
I like the way Avarak is working things out in his mind, in the guise of educating Pi-veh and when he decides to ask about Kolinahr, he decides to speak with family members on both sides to educate himself properly. I am sad though that he thinks he has failed his kah'swan. Poor Avarak.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »