Reviews for Kahs-wan Ritual
Kehlan chapter 6 . 1/9
At least Sordd didn't say "You are only human" lol, I could see a fight developing out of that one... he appears to have learned some tact when dealing with his wife.
Avarak is doing really well here. Sordd and Mimi should be really proud of him - and yes, I know that's an emotion.
Kehlan chapter 5 . 1/9
Mimi's reactions are very natural and understandable and its good that Sordd is being so patient and understanding of her emotions. This must be so hard for her to accept, and as she says, its barbaric - by our culture at least. It does sound as though Avarak has been well prepared for the trip though.
RobertBruceScott chapter 5 . 1/6
I really like the addition of the meal. You have found a good balance of description, narrative and dialogue.

I had not planned to review anything today, considering my nation is under attack from within. A worse day than the destruction of Challenger and Columbia and 9/11, all of which I lived through. Far worse even though only one person has died (so far). Far worse because this was done by my countrymen.

But this story is helpful in part because it plays to the themes of anxiety, discipline and self control. So I'm glad I clicked the button to find some momentary escape. And maybe a little inspiration.

Kehlan chapter 4 . 1/1
Avarak is doing really well. Really proud of him.
Kehlan chapter 3 . 1/1
Mimi's reactions are so natural, I love that she worries about Avarak. There must be a lot of culture shock for her and its hard for her to believe that Sordd is willing to send his son out into the desert like that.
Nitpick... "if he has katra" should be "if his Katra joins..."
Kehlan chapter 2 . 1/1
Just to mention, it's RITE of passage, not Right. But that's just a small nitpick in an otherwise very good chapter.
I never thought for a moment that Avarak would turn back. He's a great kid and has courage.
RobertBruceScott chapter 2 . 1/1
The reason this is such a long chapter is that it is actually three chapters. While it has an edge, it maintains the deliberate and introspective pace that I have come to expect from your writing. But here, the introspection and deliberation are the point. I do find myself wondering how old Avarak is in this story. I might have missed it earlier. But he seems not so much like an adolescent as a pre-adolescent here by his emotional and intellectual development.

Wildblume chapter 1 . 12/29/2020
Good to see there's a new story! :)
RobertBruceScott chapter 1 . 12/28/2020
Yay! A series that focuses on Avarak...

Kehlan chapter 1 . 12/28/2020
Oooh, a new story! What a wonderful christmas present.
This part of Vulcan culture always seems so cruel and I wonder what Mimi's thoughts are on the subject. Avarak seems well prepared though and I am excited to be following him on his journey.
55 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4